Code of Conduct

Default Smoothen Forehead Wrinkles?

OK so i have some wrinkles on m forehead, i'm nearing thirties, and i just want to take into consideration what products are out there. I dont want any botox, or cosmetic procedures, basically creams, lotions, moisturisers etc. The ones i have give an unpleasant look, and i only want to know if and what i can do about it. Are products based on gender, or are they basically the same?

Default Re: Smoothen Forehead Wrinkles?

Sorry but once they are there that is it. No cream will get rid of them, unless very fine no cream with soften them. Its Botox or just realize no one else is noticing them.
    DONNA

Is this really it? So what's the use of all the cream and anti-aging products out there, are they all bull?

Diet, lifestyle & genetics probably play a greater part, but any decent moisturiser will help to keep the skin looking good.
    They don't have to be massively costly, although different people favour different brands for a variety of reasons.

I think vitamin c and many other anti oxidants help, oxidation creates more wrinkles i have heard

Quote Originally Posted by therock003 View Post
    Is this really it? So what's the use of all the cream and anti-aging products out there, are they all bull?
    Unfortunately we women are always looking for the quick fix and the wonder product, sold to us by the brands. If such a product really existed then all the other products would be totally redundant. Oh and no plastic surgeons either. Just look at the ads with say Julia Roberts for Lancome, she is air brushed so much it doesn't even look like her.

Fact of life, we all age, nothing will stop it happening. Just enjoy life and use whatever you like start early and it helps. But we will all get wrinkles.
    A high sun factor is a really good start.

Christopher Drummond a brilliant make up artist has said,"You are the only one worrying about your dark circles and wrinkles. Walking down the street no is even noticing them."
    DONNA

Well of course this is whats really taking place.

Bur personally I'm not looking for a wonder product to use once, and get results, or even for something to eliminate wrinkles altogether.

How do creams work? Do they act as moisturizers and antioxidants, so they allow skin to be more elastic and less fragile? So do they perform as a preemptive measure to prevent wrinkles, or can they restore it to wrinkle-less fashion?

I'm not really stressing much, and i can accept it, if nothing can be done, I'm just looking to get informed on the exact science and what is really going on.

Hey .. don't panic ... wrinkles don't mean they're there for life ... you have several ways to combat aging signs ... and offset them well ...

For example, Moroccan Argan Oil does wonders to combat aging signs of the skin. I personally use HY Vitamins Argan Body Oil for my skin and my skin feels a lot better now ...

Go with all-natural beauty products to reduce side-effects ... and for better results. With natural products, the results are slow but lasting and no side-effects

It depends on the types of lines you have. If they are caused by habitual movements, no creams or serums can help. BTA is the answer because it relaxes those muscles that make those movements, but do your homework in finding a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist to inject you. You only have one face so don't ruin it by going to someone who can offer you the lowest price. You don't go to a cardiologist to have a brain tumor removed, you know what I mean?

BTA, over time, can help train you to not overuse your forehead muscles so much so some of those fine lines may disappear. The ones that remain even after injected can be helped with fillers.

If the lines are caused by frequent squinting ( a lot of people squint but do not realize it ), you should get your eyes checked. If the skin texture has leathery and rough appearance, it's possibly sun damage so you need to use a good physical sunscreen ( it contains either zinc oxide or titanium oxide or both ) to prevent further damage. A prescription tretinoin, use nightly, can help with the fine lines, smoothens skin and gives you a rosy glow.

I presented several options as you did not mention the types of lines you have ie the elevens between the brows or horizontal lines across the forehead.

I'm around your age and recently had my first Botox to correct a deep horizontal forehead line. I paid $11 per unit, and 10 units were used, so it was only $110. I know you said you didn't want to do Botox, but I could not be happier with the results, and continued over time, it's not just a corrective treatment, it's actually preventive as well.

The nurse recommended a retinol as the most important thing I should be using on my skin (well, I guess the second most important, after sun screen). I recently purchased Perricone MD High Potency Evening Repair, which contains retinol.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Sounds like a job for Pure Chimp Tea, combined with Pure Chimp anti-wrinkle cream. I mean, who ever saw a wrinkly chimp?

Taking hydrolyzed type 2 collagen can help some. I was stunned by the difference it makes. Retinol never did much for me, but Retin-A, followed by a vitamin C serum worked wonders. I no longer bother using Retin-A because I use a PMD now as it's a very easy, quick way to exfoliate (takes about five minutes once a week) and I don't want to overdo it. I'm using up some of my leftover Retin-A on the back of my hands.
    For a while, I was using an LED lamp for 30 minutes, followed by around 20 minutes using a NuFace device every day. During the 30 minutes under the lamp I'd multi-task and do my back stretches. I stopped using those tools when my dad's health started failing; I can't leave him unattended for 30 minutes now. I can see a significant change in forehead wrinkles, crows' feet, sagging, etc., so I guess those things were helping.
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Diet, lifestyle & genetics probably play a greater part, but any decent moisturiser will help to keep the skin looking good.
    They don't have to be massively costly, although different people favour different brands for a variety of reasons.

I have skin holding up well and NO genetic advantage; my mom's wrinkled early and mine is delicate by nature, reactionary, had acne/rosacea, no advantage out the gate.

These things I find to be most important, in order of importance:
    Moisturizer after washing or wetting face, always. Don't let it dry completely without moisturizing, ever. Use something gentle in the morning and something anti-aging, exfoliating, active at night.
    7,5 or more hours of sleep each night - sleep is overlooked but it's during sleep that the body heals from the day, you can't do anything to get around the need for sleep, can't make up for it in other ways.
    Stay out of the sun most of the time if you can, wear a wide-brim hat when you are having a day outside, I don't worry about incidental amounts of sun like running in the mornings when it's barely up or walking from the car to work, but for long walks or days at the beach or park, HAT!
    Retin-A, oh yeah! Just go to the doctor and ask for it, it's good, cleared up the rosacea and keeps the skin looking better, unwinds small sun damages, slows down the effect of time on the skin. Get the more emollient one and use this as night cream.
    Eye cream every night.
    Exercise, keeping the face muscles active, expressive. Sort of opposite strategy from Botox but it seems to be working, I figured exercise had kept the rest of me from sagging so maybe it helps in the face too, bringing circulation and building small amounts of muscle.

These are the things I do and they do work for me. If I had to pick two, they would be sleep and never letting the skin dry out.

You could also use a home-made light exfoliating paste/mask and also, there are also natural ways to moisturize the skin (there's plenty of info you can search for online) to help with it and I would also agree to go see a Doc and present your specific concerns, RetinA is good and effective but it may be harsh on some more sensible skin types.
    Get plenty of water, sleep and avoid stress as prevention for deeper ones. And the most important of all avoid the sun but not too much though we all need those rays too.
    As for your question yes some products are gender based as men and women's skin differ.

Start a good skincare regimen.

Skinceuticals Antioxidant serum (Phloretin CF or CE Ferulic)

Sunscreen

Night cream that exfoliates with AHA/Glycolic

I have been using dermaset cream for wrinkles since years. I too used to think that these creams don't work but I was wrong. Dermaset actually diminished my wrinkles and fine lines after using it for just few weeks. And yes diet and healthy lifestyle too plays an important role.
    Last edited by mariajohnson; 22nd August 2014 at 12:11 PM.