Code of Conduct

Default Smoothen Forehead Wrinkles?

OK so i have some wrinkles on m forehead, i'm nearing thirties, and i just want to take into consideration what products are out there. I dont want any botox, or cosmetic procedures, basically creams, lotions, moisturisers etc. The ones i have give an unpleasant look, and i only want to know if and what i can do about it. Are products based on gender, or are they basically the same?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Smoothen Forehead Wrinkles?

Sorry but once they are there that is it. No cream will get rid of them, unless very fine no cream with soften them. Its Botox or just realize no one else is noticing them.
    DONNA

Is this really it? So what's the use of all the cream and anti-aging products out there, are they all bull?

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Diet, lifestyle & genetics probably play a greater part, but any decent moisturiser will help to keep the skin looking good.
    They don't have to be massively costly, although different people favour different brands for a variety of reasons.

I think vitamin c and many other anti oxidants help, oxidation creates more wrinkles i have heard

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by therock003 View Post
    Is this really it? So what's the use of all the cream and anti-aging products out there, are they all bull?
    Unfortunately we women are always looking for the quick fix and the wonder product, sold to us by the brands. If such a product really existed then all the other products would be totally redundant. Oh and no plastic surgeons either. Just look at the ads with say Julia Roberts for Lancome, she is air brushed so much it doesn't even look like her.

Fact of life, we all age, nothing will stop it happening. Just enjoy life and use whatever you like start early and it helps. But we will all get wrinkles.
    A high sun factor is a really good start.

Christopher Drummond a brilliant make up artist has said,"You are the only one worrying about your dark circles and wrinkles. Walking down the street no is even noticing them."
    DONNA

Well of course this is whats really taking place.

Bur personally I'm not looking for a wonder product to use once, and get results, or even for something to eliminate wrinkles altogether.

How do creams work? Do they act as moisturizers and antioxidants, so they allow skin to be more elastic and less fragile? So do they perform as a preemptive measure to prevent wrinkles, or can they restore it to wrinkle-less fashion?

I'm not really stressing much, and i can accept it, if nothing can be done, I'm just looking to get informed on the exact science and what is really going on.

Hey .. don't panic ... wrinkles don't mean they're there for life ... you have several ways to combat aging signs ... and offset them well ...

For example, Moroccan Argan Oil does wonders to combat aging signs of the skin. I personally use HY Vitamins Argan Body Oil for my skin and my skin feels a lot better now ...

Go with all-natural beauty products to reduce side-effects ... and for better results. With natural products, the results are slow but lasting and no side-effects

It depends on the types of lines you have. If they are caused by habitual movements, no creams or serums can help. BTA is the answer because it relaxes those muscles that make those movements, but do your homework in finding a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist to inject you. You only have one face so don't ruin it by going to someone who can offer you the lowest price. You don't go to a cardiologist to have a brain tumor removed, you know what I mean?

BTA, over time, can help train you to not overuse your forehead muscles so much so some of those fine lines may disappear. The ones that remain even after injected can be helped with fillers.

If the lines are caused by frequent squinting ( a lot of people squint but do not realize it ), you should get your eyes checked. If the skin texture has leathery and rough appearance, it's possibly sun damage so you need to use a good physical sunscreen ( it contains either zinc oxide or titanium oxide or both ) to prevent further damage. A prescription tretinoin, use nightly, can help with the fine lines, smoothens skin and gives you a rosy glow.

I presented several options as you did not mention the types of lines you have ie the elevens between the brows or horizontal lines across the forehead.