Code of Conduct

Default Vintage Genghis Khan EDT

Hi guys,

Today I received a 50ml bottle of vintage GK edt. The box says edt, the bottle says edt, the sticker on the bottom of the bottom says edt, but there isn't a sprayer.

Is this normal or common?

Sound Scents

Default Re: Vintage Genghis Khan EDT

What does the perfume concentration level have to do with having a sprayer? The bottle is fine, I'm sure.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I wasn't saying there is a link, it's just the first time I've bought an edt and there isn't a sprayer
    Wondering what other owners' experiences were/are. If the same as mine, is it applied after being decanted?

For some reason I always thought that the splash-on/aftershave = no sprayer. Edt = sprayer.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloke View Post
    I wasn't saying there is a link, it's just the first time I've bought an edt and there isn't a sprayer
    Wondering what other owners' experiences were.

For some reason I always thought that the splash-on/aftershave = no sprayer. Edt = sprayer.
    There is no link whatsoever. Splash bottles are quite commonly used for vintage perfume bottles.
    Last edited by drseid; 6th February 2014 at 10:16 AM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Thanks, use via decant it is for me then.

I didn't know that. I was a bit surprised, this is my first vintage purchase.
    Last edited by bigbloke; 6th February 2014 at 10:18 AM.

It's the vintage Eau de Toilette splash bottle. I own a 50 ml one as well.

Finding spray bottles of the vintage in 100ml are becoming almost impossible to find these days.

(3877)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I have a bottle of vintage Genghis Khan. It's in the (beautiful) bottle resembling a vessel dug up from a kurgan on the steppes. It is a splash.
    I purchased during its first release long time ago, so no question of tinkering or faking.
    Last edited by Jardanel; 6th February 2014 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Finding spray bottles of the vintage in 100ml are becoming almost impossible to find these days.

(3877)
    I'm looking for them desperately. I was only able to get a 50ml recently. It won't last.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiRobbie View Post
    I'm looking for them desperately. I was only able to get a 50ml recently. It won't last.
    Did you by any chance happen to get that from an Ebay seller based in Portugal? I ask because a seller from there about two years ago had many large sprays and splashes for sale of the old stuff and little by little his stock dwindled to a few small size splashes and sprays. Just curious.

(3899)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Vintage Genghis Khan EDT

Did you by any chance happen to get that from an Ebay seller based in Portugal? I ask because a seller from there about two years ago had many large sprays and splashes for sale of the old stuff and little by little his stock dwindled to a few small size splashes and sprays. Just curious.

(3899)
    No my seller was local and here on basenotes. I see that seller has a 100ml splash available.
    Last edited by MiamiRobbie; 7th February 2014 at 02:54 AM.

How do you find it ?
    Is it anything like vintage Loewe pour Homme or vintage Monsieur Rochas ?
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Having put some of it into an atomiser and sprayed it I am very happy with it. It was a blind buy and is lovely fragrance and to top it off, I learnt something too! (Vintage often in splash form)

I didn't realize this stuff was becoming so scarce. I'd browsed some eBay auctions back in November and there were a few. I didn't get the sense that this was hard to find. Now? Hardly anything. I hope some cases of NOS get located somewhere down the road. I'd really like to experience this and love the flacon.

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    I didn't realize this stuff was becoming so scarce. I'd browsed some eBay auctions back in November and there were a few. I didn't get the sense that this was hard to find. Now? Hardly anything. I hope some cases of NOS get located somewhere down the road. I'd really like to experience this and love the flacon.
    Stray bottles seem to turn up from European Ebay vendors every once in a while so keep checking, but are becoming increasingly difficult and prices asked are often astronomical.

(3912)

Blog Entries

(3877)
    I have two that I bought a few years ago and put in cold storage, These are EDP and they have atomizers...very confusing now that I look into it. Some old EDP with atomizers, some old EDP splash, some new EDT with or without atomizers, no new EDP that I see....
    Last edited by Possum-Pie; 16th February 2014 at 04:27 PM.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    I have two that I bought a few years ago and put in cold storage, PM me if you want one, I'll never use both of them...
    Thank you so much. I still have three unopened 100ml spray bottles myself from when I bought them in years past. It's good to know though as others might definitely be interested.