Code of Conduct

Default Can 1 wearing ruin fragrance that you loved before?

I dont know if I am supersensitive right now but during last month I am really disgusted by 2 fragrances that I used to wear.

First, like 2 weeks ago, I've worn Fahrenheit Absolute to bed and could not sleep. It was soo distracting and annoying that I had to wash my neck like 3 times. Even my girlfriend was disgusted (and she used to love it) Now I cant stand this stuff.

What is even worse, I've tried to wear original Fahrenheit yesterday. Just 1 spritz on neck... Hmm. I could not stand it. Where is that green gasoline scent that I used to love? All I smell now is some synthetic overpowering ****. I can swear, that I prefer knock offs over this version of Fahrenheit (I think that I bought it in January 2013, so its probably one of latest formulation).

I think I am done with both of this Fahrenheits and they will be on sale very soon..

Does anything similar happened to you?
    TOP 4 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial

TOP 4 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme

Default Re: Can 1 wearing ruin fragrance that you loved before?

I wouldn't give up on them so fast. Maybe you have some sort of sinus allergy right now that is just starting with you. When i have that, it usually plays games on my nose all the time....
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Hoping that you don't have nasal issues, dreamer81!

I have a few bottles of stuff that has been altered for the worse beyond recognition and just shift my purchasing elsewhere!

I agree with you on Fahrenheit. It makes me a little nauseous these days to a pout where I can't wear it anymore.

I'm ok smelling it on others but the initial two hours if wearing I can't tolerate.

I haven't tried absolute.

When you have a time where a fragrance makes you sick for whatever reason the best thing is to wear it again when you feel better. Otherwise you will form the association of been sick with the smell of that particular scent which is undesirable.

I would give them a couple more tries before giving up on them. I've had something similar happen, but it must have been how I was feeling at the time because the problem went away the next time I tried.

Can honestly say that nothing similar has ever happened to me before.

(3941)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

If I accidentally over-apply a fragrance and get stuck wearing it for the day, then what usually happens is I won't want to wear the fragrance again for at least several months.

I've done this with A Taste of Heaven, Aventus, and Invasion Barbare--3 Frags I love, which were temporarily ruined due to over application.

But we're good now.

Not just once. I have to not enjoy or at least tolerate the fragrance a few wearings, I must repeatedly have problems (including, but not limited to, allergies etc.) with a fragrance before I seriously consider giving it up, no matter how much I enjoyed it in the past.

I wore Fille en Aiguilles the other day and had to scrub it off. I have worn it many times in the past and enjoyed it. Happens sometimes with TdH and Vetiver Extraordinaire also - I sometimes get a rubbery vibe from those two that drives me nuts.

Just wait a month or two and try it again. Some days you just might be hyper-sensitive to something.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Sometimes it happens with the heavier stuff..
    I just wore Very Irresistable for the 1st time in years and could not handle it..
    I did spray 5 times..

Can one wearing ruin fragrance that I loved before? No. But one wearing can definitely cause me to put a fragrance away for a while. And I do exactly as dougczar said above. I put it away for a month or two, sometimes longer. I even do this with samples.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

one wearing of one million intense helped "ruin" the original for me. Or at least I certainly dont enjoy it as much anymore =x