Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: something new

Default Re: something new

Thank you! Have you ever ordered something there yourself?

Blog Entries

Oh yes!

Blog Entries

http://www.parfumerie-generale.com

These are really interesting and different, too. Fun to try and strong rich formulations.

Alright, thanks

Another update...

Today: Kouros and Opium by YSL

Let's start with Kouros. I smelled this in a store for a short while... Because it smelled sort of spicy I brought it home. Before trying the sample I watched a video-review, stating that some people compare it to... piss! Yes, indeed... I said piss. Many people get offended by this fragrance. Wow... that's something, so let's try it... and.. well ehh... what is this? This smells strange!! It smells sharp in a weird way, and it smells very strong. I don't have to bring my nose to my hand. I can already smell it while my hand is 30cm away from my face. Does it smell good? Well, not for me... it does indeed smell like some sort of powdery urine!! This is the first fragrance I had to wash of my hands... fast... brrr, not good!

Well, Opium then... this to me smells like.. like nothing actually. I've applied it 3 times now, to see if it gets stronger, but it really doesn't. This thing should be spicy and sweet. I hardly get any spices and I wouldn't call it sweet either. In the background is some sweetness but it's definitely not done as well as in Jaipur Homme or (the opening of) Chanel Egoiste. To me this fragrance does not smell strong. I do get some sort of fruity note, which I think is black carrant (I see on fragrantica that many people smell this, so I think that's what it is). This fragrance is nothing special in my opinion.

Please let me know what you think about these updates...

Blog Entries

Opium I've heard, has been re formulated and thus, kaput. Kouros is urinous, so I've heard, so your assessment sounds about right.

Allright... good to hear... I'm starting to learn...