Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Favourite or Cult Status Discontinued Scents.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Have to mention this one.

What in the world is this?
    Currently wearing: Chamarré by Mona di Orio

Basenotes Plus

It's one that I'd like to track down, kumquat - although that's pretty unlikely!
    I love the bottles.

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...46%26bih%3D960

Blog Entries

Huh, that's a new one, really sexy!

Sonia Rykiel 7s Sense

How I miss it , I had ONLY mini but its unforgettable fragrance

from someones blog

Sonya Rykiel's 1979 creation, 7e Sense is a play of sparkle and darkness, of overripe sweetness and sharp spiciness. The lighter side of 7e Sense is composed of bubbly aldehydes, of tingly piquancy of coriander and carnation, of the seeming innocence of jasmine and narcissus. The dark side is represented by sinfully luscious prunes (the note I adore in perfume), peach and honey, by the languid ylang and the indolent rose. The two lines run through the composition, sometimes parallel, sometimes intertwining, with the second one eventually taking over and ultimately finding its closure in a lush, animalic, fantastically sexy, nocturnal base of amber, musk, civet, patchouli and castoreum. Brooding and smoldering under its deceptively calm surface, 7e Sense is one of the most sensual fragrances I have encountered.

I still didnt try even Vivienne Westwood's Libertine((((

Basenotes Plus

Sounds lovely, Lyuba - never tried it but used to wear some of the clothing, including the best belt ever.
    Last edited by lpp; 10th February 2014 at 09:43 PM.

Oh, I remember those Lyuba, though I'm not familiar with either of them, smell-wise. But I can't even imagine all the fabulous perfumes that disappeared before I had even heard of them, much less got a chance to sniff them.

I almost completely forgot the original Miss Dior Chérie, the very first one with the incredible popcorn note! None of those Miss Dior Chéries even exist anymore, but this one was really something special, and almost impossible to find just over a year after its release as it had already been reformulated, inexplicably *without* the famous popcorn note that everyone raved about. It's definitely got a cult following, and it's *heavily* counterfeited, so finding an authentic one is almost impossible - I'd never buy one off the internet. I have *one* bottle and I'm sure it's the only one I'll ever have.

This is the one I'm talking about -

and here's the original ad campaign with Riley Keough (that's Lisa Marie Presley's daughter) -

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I remember around 10 years ago my friend gave it to me...old version one..she hated it, I hated it till migraine as well, my younger sister got it and was happy)))

I also miss Shiseido Feminite du Bois
    Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum

Paco Rabanne Calandre - crazy money

Where from to get SO MUCH money so we could buy at least 30 ml of each?...

*sigh*

Valentino Very Valentino

Can not find Indienne Nights Sherrer (not sure I spelled it right though)
    Last edited by Lyuba; 10th February 2014 at 10:15 PM.

Basenotes Plus

This was a strange one...

This was a strange one...

Haha, what is that lpp?.. where do you take these photos with cute bottles from?..

O! Fendi Asja! Can not see it anywhere!

Basenotes Plus

Ha - they're 'borrowed' with help from Google, Lyuba

The yellow one was called Kiku, by Faberge.

Basenotes Plus

By Guy Robert, 'One Perfect Rose' - La Prairie

and Merefame by Menard.

Last edited by lpp; 10th February 2014 at 10:43 PM.

These days I got panic-stricken after I discovered that my backup bottle of Cabochard had been bereft of its oakmoss.

So I quickly bought backup bottles of Calandre, which I love, love, love, as well as Y. I fear they could discontinue these cult fragrances in the near future for the oakmoss. Can someone tell me if these are already unavailable in the U.S.?
    Currently wearing: Vol de Nuit by Guerlain

Hey lpp, what is this, Fragrantica?? Why don't you tell us something about these rare perfumes? I remember seeing Kiku and One Perfect Rose, but I've never set eyes on the other one - were these favorites of yours?
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Evangeline - Kiku was one that I bought for the 'bottle' in the 1970's but could never actually wear...people here still buy the empty bottles. It was very strong and 'yellow'.
    Acqua Manda was very strange stuff indeed - I had the bath stuff but it was so 'stickily' strong - never had anything like it before or since but it's probably been tamed a bit now! It wasn't a refreshing sort of citrus at all.
    From memory - if you concentrated oranges & threw in some other strong stuff....
    It's been re-introduced 'though as it was very popular.

The Guy Robert ones I haven't tracked down yet.
    Last edited by lpp; 10th February 2014 at 11:07 PM.

Thanks! There's something quite intriguing about Mérefame, an almost-but-not-quite-familiar something that's ringing a very distant bell ...I'll have to do some digging.

Basenotes Plus

I've been interested in Merefame because it's by Guy Robert & it would be nice to be able to sniff all of his one day, but it's one of those long-term projects.

Yep, that it's by Guy Robert and that it's from 1979 are both things that interest me.

It's in the directory; here are the listed notes ...a surprisingly brief list for '79.

Top Notes - Bergamot, Rose, Ylang ylang
    Middle Notes - Gardenia, Jasmine
    Base Notes - Iris, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla

More digging is required.

Blog Entries

Puma, you should definitely hoard those. We can't get oak moss here any more.

queen of the universe

Evangeline,

oh, yes, or, better, mais oui, Infini!

I'm the lucky owner of the vintage extrait.
    P1030778.jpg
    Last edited by jujy54; 11th February 2014 at 03:18 AM.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Puma, you should definitely hoard those. We can't get oak moss here any more.
    Yes, kumquat, I already did. But I also had to grab all the roundish bottles with the Caron juice in them, almost all of the EdT/EdPs.
    I want my Carons in oldfashioned bottles! The new square ones I do not like. For this month I am practically broke.
    Currently wearing: Vol de Nuit by Guerlain

Blog Entries

By Guy Robert, 'One Perfect Rose' - La Prairie

and Merefame by Menard.

Menard just does cool bottles - I almost want to sniff it just to see if it's as awesome as it looks!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Yep, that it's by Guy Robert and that it's from 1979 are both things that interest me.

It's in the directory; here are the listed notes ...a surprisingly brief list for '79.

Top Notes - Bergamot, Rose, Ylang ylang
    Middle Notes - Gardenia, Jasmine
    Base Notes - Iris, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla

More digging is required.
    Cool, thanks Evangeline

Red - it's so easy to see why people collect bottles

Cool, thanks Evangeline

Red - it's so easy to see why people collect bottles
    I love bottles but if they all would look different but smell the same - pfffff)))

The gem is inside!)

Basenotes Plus

Very true, Lyuba!

At least the bottle would be nice if the contents had spoiled 'though

Bottle-wise I love Salvador Dali Le Roy Soliel, but also I love to wear it, cult one for me as well, one of most unusual spicy-oriental scents I have got

You can see features on the sun-face - eyes, mouth, eyebrows - made like flying birds

This perfume bottle was designed by Salvador Dali at the request of the Schiaparelli company, and made by Baccarat. In the year when World War II came to an end, Dali used the sun to symbolize the joy of peace regained and incorporated it into an image of Louis XIV, the Sun King, who represented the glory of France. Thus, the perfume bottle named "Le Roy Soleil "came into existence. This is one of the most famous and valuable perfume bottles ever produced by an artist.

Still can not get hold of more than just mini - by Montana Just Me
    Love the bottle and the scent

I had read many good things about Just Me and as soon as I saw it on the box cover, I had to have it. It did not disappoint. It opens with a madly cheerful dish of fruit cocktail dressed with citrus zest and dominated by sugared pineapple, a radiant burst of sunshine. Pineapple more than any other fruit, any other thing, is sunshine you can smell, bright and angular, penetrating and caressing. If this sort of thing doesn't make you happy, then I don't even know how your nose works: the smell of pineapple always brings a smile to my face.*

The top seamlessly flows into a warm jam-and-chocolate floral with an emphasis on "warm": this is practically tropical, with the spiny, pineapple-y brightness lingering well into the heart of the scent, and has "summer day" written all over it. Eventually the radiance vanishes altogether and the scent segues into a smudgy, salty, vaguely leathery drydown that lies very, very close to the skin. You wouldn't call Just Me a proper leather scent, because the leather doesn't appear until very late in the game, but a fragrance has to end with something. That doesn't even matter: from start to finish, Just Me is gorgeously proportioned, charming, and most of all, so much fun!

Lovely post about Just Me - from here
    http://1000scents.blogspot.co.uk/201...1_archive.html

I had fun reading that as well, familiar feeling when you read different nonsense on different sites about fragrances and their notes))

Lots of negative or just empty reviews about Gres House - hommage a Greta Garbo and hommage a Marlene Dietrich, I bought them all anyway, all in minis and few managed to get in full size 60 ml bottles

About scents I also have very good opinion, it might be simple , from the beginning, but they are much more then it seems (at least to those who left reviews that I have read)
    Around 4 of them I really liked a lot and enjoy wearing

Adore the style of mini and the big ones, most sleeky and comfortable to hold - the bottle and packaging were designed by the Parisian design studio Aesthete.

In reality and by touch they even nicer!

Anne Klein II

What my wife wore when we met. So warm! So classy! She still has the bottle, which is nice, but it doesn't quite smell the same. (Maybe not so surprising for a 25-year-old bottle. )

Blog Entries

Arpége- R
    Estée Lauder- Private Collection- R
    Coty Chypre- ​R
    Aprés L'Ondée- R
    Last edited by kumquat; 11th February 2014 at 03:30 PM.