Code of Conduct

Thread: Wu Tang Clan

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Wu Tang Clan

Iconic rap group from the 90's..
    If you are a hip hop fan you probably know all 9 members but did not know they had a fragrance..
    I would think this would be more of a collector's item and could fetch some serious cash over the decades..
    Anyone heard of this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wu-Tang-Frag...item20df4157fb

Default Re: Wu Tang Clan

Damn, nice find, Tony. Never knew about their fragrance. It'll be interesting to see what it goes for.

Protect ya neck wit dis!
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Sweet. It comes with a free earring too. It would probably clash with my Flavor Flav clock necklace though.

Someone here should buy this - I would like to hear a Basenoter's review of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    ... It would probably clash with my Flavor Flav clock necklace though.

Yep, that would be perpetratin'!
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

"Olympic torch flaming, we burn so sweet,The thrill of victory, the agony, defeat,We crush slow, flamin deluxe slow, For, judgment day cometh, conquer, it's war"
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Xerjoff Casamorati 1888
    Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal
    Bruckner Aoud 1
    Naomi Goodsir Or du Soreil
    Chanel bois des Iles

Probably smelling like bamboo sticks with cannabis and cummin(sweat note) ...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I've never been a fan of wutang or the genre in general. That box looks so low budget, fake almost. $100 for it is crazy. I'm sure it's a generic "cologne" that copies what ever was popular at the time it came out.

I don't remember this but I am not surprised. I have heard that Wu Tang cologne "ain't nuttin to **** wit"

My NWA cologne is my signature scent, so I won't be purchasing this any time soon. I wouldn't want them clashing.
    "All the best perfumes in history have something that smells like garbage in them; that's what keeps drawing you back."

Quote Originally Posted by expressway View Post
    My NWA cologne is my signature scent, so I won't be purchasing this any time soon. I wouldn't want them clashing.
    What a bloodbath that would be!

^ Good detective work! I like the bottle design. Citrus/woody doesnt exact evoke much excited thought.

Don't recall ever having heard of this but for me would have passed anyway on this.

(4032)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I absolutely love Wu Tang Clan. This frag has a lot to live up to.
    Well enjoying what you're wearing is crucial, it is of the utmost importance to wear something that others like as well.

Banned
    Blog Entries

This is another for all the Camron/Rocafella fans

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OH-BOY-DIPLO...item41779184c4

One of the greatest rap groups ever. Didn't know they had a fragrance back in the day.

Great find! Never knew they had a fragrance out! I would suspect it is probably lousy, like most celeb scents, but that won't diminish my love for Wu Tang. They are musical giants.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by zatarain View Post
    protect ya neck wit dis!
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    lmao
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Does it smell like biscuits?

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    Why would it smell like biscuits?

The notes don't seem to fit, jasmine, gardenias, fruits and aldehydes?
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    The notes don't seem to fit, jasmine, gardenias, fruits and aldehydes?
    Yeah- I would think of it as a collector's item..

Quote Originally Posted by FISS80 View Post
    "Olympic torch flaming, we burn so sweet,The thrill of victory, the agony, defeat,We crush slow, flamin deluxe slow, For, judgment day cometh, conquer, it's war"
    That's a really good song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KCCO!

Born and raised in Shaolin, I saw that listing also. I want it just for the earing, lol. I still have a couple Wu t-shirts.
    John aka Easykiller

Bet it "Protect the Neck" really nice. Huge fan of the 36 Chambers and that era of Rap,funny bc my style of music is classi rock but you can not ignore the greats. I followed Wu closely esp. The Genius but never heard of a fragrance, if its not a fake would love to grab that.

I don't think this is real

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Iconic rap group from the 90's..
    If you are a hip hop fan you probably know all 9 members but did not know they had a fragrance..
    I would think this would be more of a collector's item and could fetch some serious cash over the decades..
    Anyone heard of this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wu-Tang-Frag...item20df4157fb
    I can not believe this is real. Even the logo it self looks suspect.

Ive been to over 20 Wu-Tang Clan Concerts from the early 90's to probably up thru 2004. Basically, if anyone knew the music they made cologne doesn't even seem like something Wu-Tang Clan would get involved with doing. Let's really be real here?! Even during their height of fortune and fame Wu Tang Clan as a group had too many egos. Method Man seemed as if he didn't get along too well with some of the members because due to his successful as a solo artist from his Tical album, then when Raekwon & Ghostface took off like a rocket with the Only Built for Cuban Links and Ironman some of the other members became isolated and distant (Gza, Ugod, Masterkiller, & Inspecta Deck). Anyone that saw Wu-Tang perform and not just once or twice, but more like 15-20times not all members attended their concerts due to egos. In fact there was on several occasions when there were group performances only 5 or 6members would come when the entire group consisted of 9 original members not including Cappadonna. Now the only person I'd knew who wouldn't attend concerts was Ol Dirty Bastard because he spent a number of years in jail right before dying.

Overall, they're Great Hip Hop Rap Group and probably one of best groups music has seen, but certainly not a music group that would make cologne nor make an honorable fragrance. lol
    Last edited by FreshSmell; 11th February 2014 at 12:10 PM.

I don't want to get into a debate about this on a perfume forum, and like i said earlier it's not not a genre that i invested much time into.

BUT...Mobb Deep destroy them.

Wu Tang is a bit new school. Personally I long for an Ice EdT.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Don't recall ever having heard of this but for me would have passed anyway on this.

(4032)
    Is this a first folks???hednic is not himself ...lol
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

@FreshSmell - check out their 'fan based' website.....
    wu-international.com

I'm a big fan of the Wu Tang Clan, but I don't buy celebrity fragrances. I pay for a fragrance; not for the logo.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshSmell View Post

Ive been to over 20 Wu-Tang Clan Concerts from the early 90's to probably up thru 2004. Basically, if anyone knew the music they made cologne doesn't even seem like something Wu-Tang Clan would get involved with doing. Let's really be real here?! Even during their height of fortune and fame Wu Tang Clan as a group had too many egos. Method Man seemed as if he didn't get along too well with some of the members because due to his successful as a solo artist from his Tical album, then when Raekwon & Ghostface took off like a rocket with the Only Built for Cuban Links and Ironman some of the other members became isolated and distant (Gza, Ugod, Masterkiller, & Inspecta Deck). Anyone that saw Wu-Tang perform and not just once or twice, but more like 15-20times not all members attended their concerts due to egos. In fact there was on several occasions when there were group performances only 5 or 6members would come when the entire group consisted of 9 original members not including Cappadonna. Now the only person I'd knew who wouldn't attend concerts was Ol Dirty Bastard because he spent a number of years in jail right before dying.

Overall, they're Great Hip Hop Rap Group and probably one of best groups music has seen, but certainly not a music group that would make cologne nor make an honorable fragrance. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    I don't want to get into a debate about this on a perfume forum, and like i said earlier it's not not a genre that i invested much time into.

Whoa, guys, take it easy - I don't want any gunfire in here!

Quote Originally Posted by HORNS View Post
    Whoa, guys, take it easy - I don't want any gunfire in here!
    Word (remember what happened to Shameek from 212).
    Errone just needs to sit down with a nice cup of tea in their official rebell (sic) INS mug:

Basenotes Plus

I'd be more interested in the Nikes.

You could do a whole "what would your favorite hip hop group's fragrance smell like?" thread.

"Ring Ring" by De Le Soul -- For the discerning intellectual. Subtle hints of green tea, library books, and eyeglasses cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    @FreshSmell - check out their 'fan based' website.....
    wu-international.com
    Well, its possible it might be real; though it looks a bit cheesy

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Word (remember what happened to Shameek from 212).
    He's laying there like a newborn f*ckin baby, God.

I kind of wondered the same thing. But the logo looks a lot like the logo they were using when they released the Wu Tang Manual and later when Rza put out The Tao of the Wu (the book). So I think it's real, but you never know.

Then again, the actual REAL Wu-Wear clothing they put out looked like fake Wu-Wear clothing, so....

I had this, but I busted the cap in someone's ass.

If I bought this, should I decant some out onto the curb for ODB?

Well, its possible it might be real; though it looks a bit cheesy
    If it's on their website why would it not be 'real'?

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post

Wu Tang Forever, disc two, track 3.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNS View Post
    If I bought this, should I decant some out onto the curb for ODB?
    roflmao....hells yeah....btw...best rappers of all time Rakim, KRS 1 AND biggie
    John aka Easykiller

gotta drip it like it’s marble cake....

Im still looking for a bottle of Liquid Swords Intense pour Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    Nice random Method Man reference.

Basenotes Plus

Does it smell as high as Wu Tang get???

WTC are legends in rap, though I don't listen to them as much as I do others in the genre I appreciate what they did.

I'll pass on the scent lmao.

Banned
    Blog Entries

It sold for $100..
    I thought for sure somebody here would bid on it..

I would be slightly surprised if this were legit, but Method and Red used to do deodorant commercials, so I guess anything is possible. Wonder if all the members had veto power on merchandising, or if this was something just a few people or their reps could sign off on.

It sold for $100..
    I thought for sure somebody here would bid on it..
    Weird. I'm pretty sure everyone thought you'd have been the one buy it.

for swap/sale:

Anyone try mos def's harum no 7?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Weird. I'm pretty sure everyone thought you'd have been the one buy it.
    For $100 I would blind buy Coze or get a bunch of decants of stuff that I can't afford to buy FB's of..

For $100 I would blind buy Coze or get a bunch of decants of stuff that I can't afford to buy FB's of..
    I'm glad you realize this.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Ph8 View Post
    Why would it smell like biscuits?
    Why is the sky blue? Why is water wet?