Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Invasion Barbare or HDP 1725?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Invasion Barbare

20 80.00%
  • HDP 1725

5 20.00%

Default Invasion Barbare or 1725?

Invasion Barbare has been compared in numerous threads to 1725. I have been sampling 1725 for the last few days and I find it to be unique enough to own both. In fact, if I had to choose between the two, I think that I would choose 1725 more often than Invasion Barbare. I would like to know which one of these you all prefer and whether or not you own both.
    Current faves (Subject to change at a moments notice!!):
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

Default Re: Invasion Barbare or 1725?

Both are nice...however, Invasion Barbare gets my vote. Quality is impeccable

Invasion Barbare is imo the better composition with more complexity and top notch ingredients. Though I do think it is way overpriced.

1725 is very good as well and is reminiscent of the above with the violet removed and the notes toned down and refined. If money was no object then I would get Invasion Barbare but if it is then 1725 is a worthy compromise.

Basenotes Plus

I own both and wouldn't be without either. As Jack noted above, Invasion Barbare is better composed perfume.

While it is true, that it is priced much higher, MDCI has now increased the bottle size from 60mL to 75mL but has not increased the price.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    I own both and wouldn't be without either. As Jack noted above, Invasion Barbare is better composed perfume.

While it is true, that it is priced much higher, MDCI has now increased the bottle size from 60mL to 75mL but has not increased the price.
    I saw that you mentioned it in your newest split addition Rich. Unfortunately I purchased it at full price from Lucky Scent last year so I did not get to take advantage of that great deal. I am seriously considering ordering a bottle of 1725 this weekend. It is good to know that you own both, it makes my decision that much easier, lol!
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

Both very very nice and own both but I prefer the former.

(4079)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Own both but only recently got the MDCI. At this point I would probably choose the more affable 1725 over Invasion Barbare if push came to shove, maybe that's just due to familiarity. I can appreciate the quality of IB and the fact that it's intentionally a bit drier, the nutmeg (or similar note) pushes it into the realm of some of the 'sterner' fougeres from a couple of decades ago, I think - a bit more macho than 1725's younger, 'emo' nu-fougere vibe.

Dunno - happy to have both. Funnily enough (peculiar, not 'ha ha') I'm wearing Forreau Noir tonight and I reckon if you like either of the above, esp. 1725, it's another one in the same club except any semblance of a classic oakmoss style base has gone and you're left with the lavender and tonka (which is amped up to 11) giving you the top two thirds of a pretty luxurious comfort fougere. Great in the cooler weather

IB

I'm biased. It's my favorite fragrance.

1725 is good but longevity lacks and IB is better compose with the Lavender, violet, grapefruit and it's nice classic Upper ultra luxurious barber shop vibe but not and I mean not worth that kind of cash on either especially IB but that's just my opinion ...I would pay about 80-100 though for either in a FB form....btw my hairstylist gives me this vibe for free everytime I go to the Mens Salon parlor.....
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post

+1

And just to add that if you're shelling out the cash for IB, why not go the extra mile if possible for a small bottle of 1725 which can be had for $100 with a coupon and that way you'll never be left wondering and well, why not add Sartorial for the Trifecta and Forreau Noir for the bonus and then Amouage Reflection for the heck of it.

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    1725 is good but longevity lacks and IB is better compose with the Lavender, violet, grapefruit and it's nice classic Upper ultra luxurious barber shop vibe but not and I mean not worth that kind of cash on either especially IB but that's just my opinion ...I would pay about 80-100 though for either in a FB form....btw my hairstylist gives me this vibe for free everytime I go to the Mens Salon parlor.....
    I will agree with the ending of your statement. Everytime I go to the barbershop I think, "This smells just like IB!", until I wear it and realize that it is so much more. As far as longevity for 1725, I sprayed some on my hand yesterday morning and I can still smell it on my hand through 2 showers and numerous handwashings. Pretty fantastic stuff.
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    +1

And just to add that if you're shelling out the cash for IB, why not go the extra mile if possible for a small bottle of 1725 which can be had for $100 with a coupon and that way you'll never be left wondering and well, why not add Sartorial for the Trifecta and Forreau Noir for the bonus and then Amouage Reflection for the heck of it.
    I have owned Reflection Man and I dont find it to be similiar to 1725, Sartorial, IB. What site can I get 1725 for $100 with a coupon? I'll order today!
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by FISS80 View Post
    I have owned Reflection Man and I dont find it to be similiar to 1725, Sartorial, IB. What site can I get 1725 for $100 with a coupon? I'll order today!
    PM sent.

Own Invasion Barbare, haven't yet felt compelled to get 1725...

I like IB a little more, the reasons are mostly the same as those stated already my many others.

Invasion Barbare is an excellent composition. It’s also perfumey, mincing, affected and pompous. I don’t like to wear either but I’d rather wear Dior Homme. 1725 is too sweet but I’d be more likely to wear it than IB. Sartorial is good but it also becomes annoying within an hour.

For this kind of stuff I’d rather wear Pour un Homme or Mouchoir de Monsieur.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Invasion Barbare is an excellent composition. It’s also perfumey, mincing, affected and pompous. I don’t like to wear either but I’d rather wear Dior Homme. 1725 is too sweet but I’d be more likely to wear it than IB. Sartorial is good but it also becomes annoying within an hour.

For this kind of stuff I’d rather wear Pour un Homme or Mouchoir de Monsieur.
    I love it when you don't parse words!

Pompous is a great descriptor for Invasion Barbare! It's doubly pompous if yours is the version that comes with the bust.

I own IB and recently sampled 1725 to compare the two. IB is much softer and very well blended compared to 1725. I actually felt that 1725 was closer to rive gauche (vintage) which I also own. I did enjoy 1725 but not as much as IB or rive gauche.

I really did try to find something I might enjoy in Sartoriale . . . I fought hard to like something, anything about it . . . it defeated me utterly.