Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 46 of 46
  1. #1
    Basenotes Member Damian236's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    72

    Default Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Guys I am so happy, I was in House of Fraser today (big UK department store) and I was doing my usual sniffing of fragrances, just sampling them and all of that good stuff (if you like Diesel's Only the Brave try out Bench EDT, exact same smell). Anyway I came across the Dolce and Gabbana section and noticed that the D &G. Pour Homme bottle was different, the cap had changed and I think the witting on the bottle was different too. I then decided to try it to see if it had changed and wasn't I shocked when I sprayed it, sniffed it and realises that it smelled exactly how it used to smell before they reformulated it. Now I don't know if House of Fraser stocks the old bottles or if they've released it with the old formula but I am so glad about this as I used to absolutely love this fragrance and was gutted when they changed it.

    Has anyone else noticed this?

    image.jpg
    Last edited by Damian236; 12th February 2014 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Photo of the bottle that I found on Google

  2. #2

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Quote Originally Posted by Damian236 View Post
    I then decided to try it to see if it had changed and wasn't I shocked when I sprayed it, sniffed it and realises that it smelled exactly how it used to smell before they reformulated it.
    Which time?

    D&G Pour Homme was more or less relaunched in late 2012, supposedly as a return to its former self. Still did nothing for me. I enjoyed the scent circa 2003 and regret not buying a bottle back then. Ah well!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

  3. #3

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Last week a coworker gave me his old bottle of the original version (made in Italy). Still smells quite good, even if it's a bit on the mainstream side of things for my taste (a slug of dihydromyrcenol will do that for me). I'd be happy to learn it's back to, or near back to, its former self.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Think it went from made in Italy (two versions), made in Germany, to make in the UK. If there is another reformulation, perhaps it is improved, as the UK version seems to be considered the worst. Got myself an Italian 75ml, about 70% full, for $13.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Any photos?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Quote Originally Posted by maricle View Post
    Think it went from made in Italy (two versions), made in Germany, to make in the UK. If there is another reformulation, perhaps it is improved, as the UK version seems to be considered the worst. Got myself an Italian 75ml, about 70% full, for $13.
    This seems to be true. I have the UK-manufactured bottle, and while it's not disgusting, it is utterly forgettable. I'm led to believe that previous versions were much better.

    If they've reformed again, it could almost do nothing but improve it, honestly. I'd be interested enough to try it again.

  7. #7
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Bķzios
    Posts
    83,755

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Quote Originally Posted by nightcutter View Post
    Any photos?
    Would be curious to see how it has changed too.

    (4093)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,256
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    This and Le Male are 2 of the worst reformulations..
    I don't think they would go back to the original formulation now..

  9. #9
    Basenotes Member Damian236's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Which time?

    D&G Pour Homme was more or less relaunched in late 2012, supposedly as a return to its former self. Still did nothing for me. I enjoyed the scent circa 2003 and regret not buying a bottle back then. Ah well!
    It smells like how I remember it about 10 years ago before they first reformulated it, I have lost my phone so I couldn't take pictures but I will try t get it sorted soon so I can get back up there and take a few pictures.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Looks like they definitely changed the bottle... especially the cap. Anyway, interested to hear other opinions on this. I just got a vintage sticker bottle so I'm set for a while, but this would be good news for the future!


  11. #11

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Cautiously optimistic, as the original is (was) one of my favorites.

    If this is true and there is a new reformulation that is close to the original, I would go out buy out the entire stock! My current bottle is the German reformulation, and it is abysmal. Is there a "Made in ____" label on the newest reformulation and/or does the box look the same?

    I'm thinking that a trip to the mall will be happening soon...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    My bottle is also the German reformulation. Sadly, it's been so long since I had the original I wouldn't remember what it smells like. That was a long, long, time ago.
    Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Himalaya
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Royal Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Tom Ford Italian Cypress
    Bleu de Chanel
    Serge Lutens Chergui
    Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

  13. #13

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    If this is true I will be very happy Is there a way to confirm this?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    The pictures posted are the UK 2012 reformulation

  15. #15

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    WOW I'm so happy as well since D&G PH vintage was one of my favorites.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    The 2012 version is just terrible. If it's all they can be bothered to produce they should just stop making it.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Looks like they definitely changed the bottle... especially the cap. Anyway, interested to hear other opinions on this. I just got a vintage sticker bottle so I'm set for a while, but this would be good news for the future!

    This is exactly my current bottle, the 2012 UK reform. Unless they've changed the juice inside, and kept the bottle exactly as it was, I couldn't recommend this one.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    It's terrible, I don't know why OP is raving about it. I'd much rather have the made in Germany version if not the Italian one.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Could the OP:be an employee of D&G? LOL.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    It's terrible, I don't know why OP is raving about it. I'd much rather have the made in Germany version if not the Italian one.
    LOL I kinda figured this would be closer to the truth, unless there's a BRAND NEW 2014 reformulation.

  21. #21
    Basenotes Member Damian236's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Maybe they have changed the juice I don't know but what I do know is that what I smelt the other day was very similar to the vintage that I recall and if they were to bring it back or reformulate it so it was closer to its original form than any other iterations then it's not hugely unlikely that they wouldn't change the most recent bottle that they used. I might be wrong and I will test it again tomorrow but I do know that It reminded me a lot of the vintage scent whereas the D and G Pour Homme that I got my nose on a few weeks ago was that weird, unrecognisable freak of by fragrance that was and is such a disappointment.

  22. #22
    Basenotes Plus
    ericrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,128

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    No -

    I haven't noticed. Glad you are happy. But, for those of us who really know, your post is rather insulting to our intelligence. Do you even know the original? How is your marketing job at D&G? Still an intern?

    Good luck and you might want to:

    1. Either go to a nose doctor and figure out why you can't smell.
    2. Go back to school and learn how to do something valuable with your life, because marketing and PR is not meant to be your career.
    3. Go to a Priest and confess your sins. Yes, lying is a sin.

    Cheers,

    ericrico

    Quote Originally Posted by Damian236 View Post
    Guys I am so happy, I was in House of Fraser today (big UK department store) and I was doing my usual sniffing of fragrances, just sampling them and all of that good stuff (if you like Diesel's Only the Brave try out Bench EDT, exact same smell). Anyway I came across the Dolce and Gabbana section and noticed that the D &G. Pour Homme bottle was different, the cap had changed and I think the witting on the bottle was different too. I then decided to try it to see if it had changed and wasn't I shocked when I sprayed it, sniffed it and realises that it smelled exactly how it used to smell before they reformulated it. Now I don't know if House of Fraser stocks the old bottles or if they've released it with the old formula but I am so glad about this as I used to absolutely love this fragrance and was gutted when they changed it.

    Has anyone else noticed this?

    image.jpg
    ďSome perfumes are as fragrant as an infantís flesh, sweet as an oboeís cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.Ē

    ― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

  23. #23

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    It's terrible, I don't know why OP is raving about it. I'd much rather have the made in Germany version if not the Italian one.
    Interestingly, I stopped by Sephora this evening and noticed the D&G Pour Homme tester out. I flipped it over, and it's the Made in Germany juice. I spritzed a strip, and its truly a bit different than my Made in UK juice. Better, that is. Not great, but noticeably improved.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Quote Originally Posted by ericrico View Post
    No -

    I haven't noticed. Glad you are happy. But, for those of us who really know, your post is rather insulting to our intelligence. Do you even know the original? How is your marketing job at D&G? Still an intern?

    Good luck and you might want to:

    1. Either go to a nose doctor and figure out why you can't smell.
    2. Go back to school and learn how to do something valuable with your life, because marketing and PR is not meant to be your career.
    3. Go to a Priest and confess your sins. Yes, lying is a sin.

    Cheers,

    ericrico


    BTW, I recently read all your posts about vintage Made in Italy D&G PH before buying mine. Very happy with it, late thanks for all your contributions on the subject

  25. #25

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Quote Originally Posted by ericrico View Post
    No -

    I haven't noticed. Glad you are happy. But, for those of us who really know, your post is rather insulting to our intelligence. Do you even know the original? How is your marketing job at D&G? Still an intern?

    Good luck and you might want to:

    1. Either go to a nose doctor and figure out why you can't smell.
    2. Go back to school and learn how to do something valuable with your life, because marketing and PR is not meant to be your career.
    3. Go to a Priest and confess your sins. Yes, lying is a sin.

    Cheers,

    ericrico

  26. #26

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    I have to agree with the OP on this one. I was in a major department store and noticed a tester with a different spritzer and the old sticker on the bottle. Sprayed this on a test card, went home and sprayed the made in Germany on test strip. The version I spritzed in the store has been on the strip an hour longer and it is much richer. I didn't think much of this until I came home and read this thread. Tomorrow I'm going back to test on skin. I'll take some photos.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Some stores still have the old testers (like is with Kouros with the metal shoulders, Guerlain Vetiver with the ribbed bottle etc.).
    D&G pour homme is now sold in the dreadful 'Made in UK' formulation and will never return to the vintage 'Made in Italy' sticker version again.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

    - Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Dior: Eau Sauvage Parfum
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

  28. #28

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    Some stores still have the old testers (like is with Kouros with the metal shoulders, Guerlain Vetiver with the ribbed bottle etc.).
    D&G pour homme is now sold in the dreadful 'Made in UK' formulation and will never return to the vintage 'Made in Italy' sticker version again.
    The bottle I saw today was a new bottle with a newly designed atomiser with a sticker on the front like the Italy version. I'm not by any means saying this is a return to the Italian version. But it is richer than the made in Germany version. Recently this same store was using the old Italian version as a tester but selling the latest version ( made in UK I think )
    The bottle I saw today and tested was different to all of these versions. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

  29. #29

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    I had gone through a 100 ml bottle of the original version.Didn't care much then,do not care now for that fragrance.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Man, how crazy would it be if they were using the vintage bottles as "tester, not-for-sale" bottles to sell weaker, boxed bottles. That would really be an abhorrent practice! I'm hoping this is not the case...
    Fall/Winter Rotation:

    Versace Man by Versace
    Iceberg The Fragrance by Iceberg
    Amber Intense by Prada
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    Burberry London
    Lanvin Avant Garde

    If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

    - OE (olfactoryexperience)

  31. #31

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    You see that everywhere! (saw it in The Netherlands, France, Belgium, Spain and Germany im multiple stores. They change the formulations/packages when there is a new one but don't change the tester of the older version with it! I even had lots of discussions with SA's about this but 90% of them really do not understand the concept of reformulation at all!

    Quote Originally Posted by OlfactoryExperience View Post
    Man, how crazy would it be if they were using the vintage bottles as "tester, not-for-sale" bottles to sell weaker, boxed bottles. That would really be an abhorrent practice! I'm hoping this is not the case...
    Last edited by Slayerized; 2nd May 2014 at 02:05 PM.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

    - Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Dior: Eau Sauvage Parfum
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

  32. #32

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    I would not care for that either most probably as a 100ml never existed of Dolce&Gabbana pour homme.

    Quote Originally Posted by pirop View Post
    I had gone through a 100 ml bottle of the original version.Didn't care much then,do not care now for that fragrance.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

    - Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Dior: Eau Sauvage Parfum
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

  33. #33

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Quote Originally Posted by OlfactoryExperience View Post
    Man, how crazy would it be if they were using the vintage bottles as "tester, not-for-sale" bottles to sell weaker, boxed bottles. That would really be an abhorrent practice! I'm hoping this is not the case...
    Until very recently this was in fact the case here in Australia. The bottle I saw in this store is either a new design or in fact they are using the old made in Italy bottle and selling the made in UK version. I spoke with them recently about this and they removed the old bottle, the bottle today was a bottle with the sticker on the front.

  34. #34

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    I would not care for that either most probably as a 100ml never existed of Dolce&Gabbana pour homme.
    Yes,I may be wrong about the the size of the bottle,that was 10 years ago roughly.If my olfactory memories are still right it was a semisweet tobacco fragrance with poor to decent longevity as far as I can remember.

  35. #35

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    I was only joking of course
    Vintage Dolce&Gabanna (my fav and of which I own 6 vintage sticker bottles) has a pretty loud opening, settles to a below till average projecting scent after 30 mins which goes on for 6-9 hrs depending on application. Love the stuff!
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

    - Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Dior: Eau Sauvage Parfum
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

  36. #36

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Six bottles,yeah,that I call a true devotion!

    Use them in a good health!

  37. #37

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    "Haven't noticed. Glad you are happy. But, for those of us who really know, your post is rather insulting to our intelligence. Do you even know the original? How is your marketing job at D&G? Still an intern?

    Good luck and you might want to:

    1. Either go to a nose doctor and figure out why you can't smell.
    2. Go back to school and learn how to do something valuable with your life, because marketing and PR is not meant to be your career.
    3. Go to a Priest and confess your sins. Yes, lying is a sin.

    Cheers,

    ericrico

    "


    Please! The man was just stating his opinion. I'm sure he's happy to hear your point of view even if you disagree. Btw,
    1. A nose doctor is an ENT specialist...ear, nose and throat.
    2. You don't know him from a bar of soap so don't judge. He could well be doing something useful in his life and making a contribution to society apart from posting on basenotes.
    3. There is a difference between someone who is naive and one who is a liar.

    And finally, he might be insulting your intelligence but really, the only thing that is insulting about this thread is you.

    Cheers
    Last edited by sumandre; 2nd May 2014 at 04:26 PM.

  38. #38

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Quote Originally Posted by sumandre View Post
    "Haven't noticed. Glad you are happy. But, for those of us who really know, your post is rather insulting to our intelligence. Do you even know the original? How is your marketing job at D&G? Still an intern?

    Good luck and you might want to:

    1. Either go to a nose doctor and figure out why you can't smell.
    2. Go back to school and learn how to do something valuable with your life, because marketing and PR is not meant to be your career.
    3. Go to a Priest and confess your sins. Yes, lying is a sin.

    Cheers,

    ericrico

    "


    Please! The man was just stating his opinion. I'm sure he's happy to hear your point of view even if you disagree. Btw,
    1. A nose doctor is an ENT specialist...ear, nose and throat.
    2. You don't know him from a bar of soap so don't judge. He could well be doing something useful in his life and making a contribution to society apart from posting on basenotes.
    3. There is a difference between someone who is naive and one who is a liar.

    And finally, he might be insulting your intelligence but really, the only thing that is insulting about this thread is you.

    Cheers
    I agree, that was a clear violation of the BN Code of Conduct. I am surprised that it has not not been moderated.
    - Mark

    …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

    "OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

    Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

  39. #39

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    not to worry, I just reported him.

  40. #40

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Quote Originally Posted by sumandre View Post
    not to worry, I just reported him.

    It was an old response but quite shocking. I dont understand why people have a problem when someone has a different opinion or experience from them. Anyone who does not agree with them is automatically an "employee" or a "shrill" of said company. Quite unfortunate...

  41. #41

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Oh, plz come on, u can't be serious!
    Everyone who knows this respectable and one of the more polite members a little, knows this post was cynical and sarcastic as the old Dolce&Gabbana ph which he also loves won't come back, no matter what or how (IFRA restrictions etc.); he only put it a little blunt, lol!
    Don't judge a book only by it's cover plz.


    Quote Originally Posted by sumandre View Post
    not to worry, I just reported him.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

    - Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Dior: Eau Sauvage Parfum
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

  42. #42

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    Oh, plz come on, u can't be serious!
    Everyone who knows this respectable and one of the more polite members a little, knows this post was cynical and sarcastic as the old Dolce&Gabbana ph which he also loves won't come back, no matter what or how (IFRA restrictions etc.); he only put it a little blunt, lol!
    Don't judge a book only by it's cover plz.
    So if I usually stay within the speed limits and drive like a true gent, I should not get a ticket when speeding like a mad man?
    - Mark

    …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

    "OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

    Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

  43. #43

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Quote Originally Posted by NorstrÝm View Post
    So if I usually stay within the speed limits and drive like a true gent, I should not get a ticket when speeding like a mad man?
    What is the relation of this comparison to being sarcastic/cynical?

    Edit: @Oh well, you see his post completely in a different way then I do because I know the guy a little, which is ok of course, so no use to discuss this into detail.
    Last edited by Slayerized; 2nd May 2014 at 06:27 PM.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

    - Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Dior: Eau Sauvage Parfum
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

  44. #44
    Basenotes Plus
    ericrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,128

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    I will respond, by choice...

    If I offended anyone with my sarcastic and cynical tone - it was not my intention. I have known this fragrance since it was released in the mid-1990's, and the recent reformulation is a far cry from what it used to be. Original D&G Pour Homme (with the silver sticker label, made in Italy) is a scent that is near and dear to me.

    Even the German reformulation removes the gorgeous tobacco note, but they were at least honest and removed it from their scent pyramid.

    The current UK juice is, by all accounts, pathetic compared to what came from Italy. I don't know if someone who is a marketing/PR front person for Dolce & Gabbana is in this thread...but it would not be the first time Basenotes is misused to promote fragrance. That is not funny (or cynical or sarcastic).

    So, I leave it up to ALL of you - if you like what you smell...then enjoy it. And, no, it was never released in a 100ml bottle to my knowledge either.

    If you feel the need to report me, go ahead and do so. But, realize that I actually am trying to preserve the integrity of this forum and share knowledge about a scent that has been brutally reformulated...

    Peace be with you.

    ericrico
    ďSome perfumes are as fragrant as an infantís flesh, sweet as an oboeís cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.Ē

    ― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

  45. #45

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Quote Originally Posted by ericrico View Post
    But, realize that I actually am trying to preserve the integrity of this forum and share knowledge about a scent that has been brutally reformulated...

    Peace be with you.

    ericrico
    This can be done without personal attacks. I understand that you want to stand up for a favorite, that has been butchered by reformulations, and I respect that, as I respect the amazing contributions you have made to the fragrance community. But there is a thing that you, and everyone else on BN should have in mind. This great piece of text in hednic's signature:

    "Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' respect."


    I think we should all remember this before we post anything.

    Best regards

    - Mark
    - Mark

    …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

    "OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

    Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

  46. #46
    Basenotes Plus
    ericrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,128

    Default Re: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme is BACK!

    Hey Mark -

    This is true - I was being sarcastic. Hednic's signature is nice...and I rarely say anything that is less than positive. I appreciate your kind words as I have been committed to this community for a while. I believe that all of us should be our own critics. For example, I would recommend you trust your own nose before Luca Turin's - as this is entirely subjective.

    Also, this was a while back...if the individual who feels insulted wants to discuss their feelings, I am here.

    If someone said the exact same words to me, I would not expect (nor want) anyone else to step in and speak for me.

    Interesting to note, I wore D&G Pour Homme recently. Juice from a perfect bottle with a silver sticker that was, "Made in Italy". I layered a little German reformulated over the top and actually enjoyed them together...something I have advocated for a long time.

    Cheers,

    ericrico


    Quote Originally Posted by NorstrÝm View Post
    This can be done without personal attacks. I understand that you want to stand up for a favorite, that has been butchered by reformulations, and I respect that, as I respect the amazing contributions you have made to the fragrance community. But there is a thing that you, and everyone else on BN should have in mind. This great piece of text in hednic's signature:

    "Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' respect."


    I think we should all remember this before we post anything.

    Best regards

    - Mark
    ďSome perfumes are as fragrant as an infantís flesh, sweet as an oboeís cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.Ē

    ― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

Similar Threads

  1. Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme
    By Gunslinger in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 29th November 2012, 07:22 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th September 2009, 01:58 AM
  3. Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme
    By bsmith001 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 24th September 2007, 12:30 PM
  4. Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme
    By Arti in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11th February 2007, 06:34 AM
  5. Dolce gabbana pour homme
    By nismo in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20th July 2005, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000