Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Erik Kormann -- Sample Pass

Alright all, I've packaged and addressed these and they will be shipping out tomorrow! Yay! Sorry so slow, but they will be on their way very soon.

3 of you are getting one extra fragrance as Erik sent 4 samples of September in the last package. If you are one who got this and would like to pass it to others in the group when you are done, I am sure that will be appreciated, but it's not a requirement.

Please remember to sample and then review your findings just as you would if this were a typical pass. Also, some of the EK fragrances are on sites where reviews can be left, I'd encourage you to find those and leave reviews on them.

Finally, lets all give Erik a big round of applause for supplying us with such a great sample pass! Thanks a million Erik!
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

:-) I wish you sooooo much fun with the samples! And thanks for your interest and curiosity.
    http://www.aromatisches-blog.de
    Here`s something for the tip of your nose!

These all shipped yesterday so they should be arriving shortly. Let me know when you get them.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

looking forward to it!

I am exited as well. Thanks Erik!
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Xerjoff Casamorati 1888
    Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal
    Bruckner Aoud 1
    Naomi Goodsir Or du Soreil
    Chanel bois des Iles

Received the samples today Danieq! I will be trying out 7 (July) tomorrow as it is in the teens today and I don't think it would be prudent to try any of them out today (at least based off of the notes). Thanks again Erik and Danieq!
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Xerjoff Casamorati 1888
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal
    Bruckner Aoud 1
    Chanel bois des Iles

That's awesome! Can't wait to hear what you think!

Samples received, thank you Erik and Danieq!
    Now I try them and pass them on to the next person right? Who would that be?
    Are you suggesting that they be taken in any particular order?
    I usually sample only one per day, so it may take me a few days to get through them, but I shall, and will post remarks here and elsewhere.
    thanks again,
    j

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    Alright all, I've packaged and addressed these and they will be shipping out tomorrow! Yay! Sorry so slow, but they will be on their way very soon.
    Thank you ever so much Danieq for this sample pass and of your hard work, especially when you were sick. I got your package today.

I could not resist but did a quick sample of July on one wrist. A moments later I sprayed December on my other hand. OH MY... I will soon have many positive comments to share about December. I am still enjoying it an hour later, it fully overwhelming July (smile).

For those of you lucky enough to get a Sample of September... please contact me.. I would hope that you would send me the remains of your September sample; my paying your shipping fee.

Quote Originally Posted by windswept View Post

For those of you lucky enough to get a Sample of September... please contact me.. I would hope that you would send me the remains of your September sample; my paying your shipping fee.
    i believe I got one of the Septembers. Will check when I get home tonight. If so would be happy to pass to you.

Quote Originally Posted by james1051 View Post
    i believe I got one of the Septembers. Will check when I get home tonight. If so would be happy to pass to you.
    Thank you James

If you ever sell discovery sets, I would gladly pay.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

Brian, I have some more sets of samples if you'd like in on the pass, PM me.

James1051, you get to keep your samples as Erik sent enough that everyone can keep what they have, no need to pass them on except for the September which we only got a few of.

Thank you ever so much Danieq for this sample pass and of your hard work, especially when you were sick. I got your package today.

I could not resist but did a quick sample of July on one wrist. A moments later I sprayed December on my other hand. OH MY... I will soon have many positive comments to share about December. I am still enjoying it an hour later, it fully overwhelming July (smile).

I am very happy to have been able to do it! I am just delighted that everyone is going to get to experience these scents.

Testing 12 right now. The cardamom/lime combo is mouth-watering! The eucalyptus feel of the cardamom mixed with the bright lime ensures that it smells like nothing I have encountered to this date. On my skin the composition is musky and sweet. I don't get any of the pepper (which I am grateful for in my case). Believe it or not it smells "European" to me. I don't know what it is, but it reminds me of when my family and I lived in Germany during my childhood. This feels perfect for the Spring IMO. I know I'll be testing it out more in the coming months!
    Last edited by FISS80; 18th March 2014 at 07:12 PM.
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Xerjoff Casamorati 1888
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal
    Bruckner Aoud 1
    Chanel bois des Iles

In case anyone wants to know where to purchase these, here is one place. Erik may have some other ideas as well.

http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/catalo...m_store=german

Perhaps we could request his scents at some of our favorite US stores as well.

Lifelong Fragrance Addict

Thanks so much for sending these so quickly and safely ! I received my set a couple of days ago.

My last child at home, (a teenage daughter), has been dealing with the flu the last couple of days, and anything including food cooking that "smells", (as she put it), seems to make her nauseous, so I'll try these as soon as she's on the upswing. I'm a one-a-day wearer, so it will be a few days before I get through them all The little sniffies I have sneaked on paper are lovely !

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Okay, so I caved in. Rachel won't wake up until noon, anyway

Today is Eau de Froeliche 3/The Raven :

My first impression is a dense forest floor, damp with a previous night's rain, and a grove of conifers sticky with fresh sap. It shouts this at first, then slowly settles during the initial drydown with a sweetness of cassis and hints of geranium. Later rose, fruity cassis, frankincense and cedar weave in and out, never fighting for distinction, but really beautifully melded. The initial dense conifer grove never really disappears, but remains faintly in the background, until it slightly fades to the more creamy cashmeran and sandalwood, still slightly sweet. It's never TOO sweet, but more like a piece of freshly cut wood on a warm day dotted with flowers and fruits.

This is a really lovely one. I'm very much into woods in my frags, and the addition of frankincense, rose, geranium and cassis really makes it Unisex without ever leaning strongly one way or the other. It's truly Unisex.
    Last edited by RavenNightMyst; 19th March 2014 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Weakness for Fragrance :)
    Providing knowledge of the Occult, Witchcraft and Paranormal since 1976 !

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr

Today, I've sampled Steampunk !

This is much softer than yesterday's Eau de Froeliche 3. Immediately, dry Cedar with lovely violet is very calming, and is further enhanced with the elemi. During the drydown there's a slight citrus touch and something I can't quite identify, and the elemi and cashmeran really meld beautifully. This is not a sweet frag, but the final stages are slightly sweet and I still get faint whiffs of violet. It is absolutely Unisex and would be fine in an office. It isn't really close to the skin, but it's gentle enough. I really like this one a lot.
    Last edited by RavenNightMyst; 20th March 2014 at 05:18 PM. Reason: addendum

Hi again, I need to correct my earlier statement. I did not get September. I got Eau de Froeh., Steampunk, 7 and 12. Sorry about that! Offer to pass these, once tried, stands.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenNightMyst View Post

This is not a sweet frag, but the final stages are slightly sweet and I still get faint whiffs of violet. It is absolutely Unisex and would be fine in an office. It isn't really close to the skin, but it's gentle enough. I really like this one a lot.
    Ah, perfect. I shall try it at work tomorrow.*

*I'm fairly cautious about testing new scents on a work day. Big frags would't go over well at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenNightMyst View Post

This is much softer than yesterday's Eau de Froeliche 3. Immediately, dry Cedar with lovely violet is very calming, and is further enhanced with the elemi. During the drydown there's a slight citrus touch and something I can't quite identify, and the elemi and cashmeran really meld beautifully. This is not a sweet frag, but the final stages are slightly sweet and I still get faint whiffs of violet. It is absolutely Unisex and would be fine in an office. It isn't really close to the skin, but it's gentle enough. I really like this one a lot.
    Loving your reviews Raven, TFS. I'm finished finally with my earlier pass so hoping to start sniffing these ones tomorrow! I feel like I've been on a sniff-a-thon lately with the various passes. Not complaining by any means, but I'm having a bit of trouble keeping up. Well, and I was sick so that didn't help.

Samples arrived today. I'll be testing them over the weekend. Big thanks to danieq and Erik for putting this together!

Just got the samples, Eau de froeliche, september, 7, 12, and steampunk. I'll be trying soon.

for now, eau de froeliche is a rosemary blast, let's see how it evolves.

cacio

More samples we need? No problem, let me know it. Fragrant Regards from Berlin. :-) Have fun, Erik
    http://www.aromatisches-blog.de
    Here`s something for the tip of your nose!

No Erik, we have some left over, no need to worry. But we do thank you for what you've sent!

I wore Steampunk to work today and really enjoyed it. As I mentioned above, I am very cautious about fragrance at work. I am in an office environment, or in court, so I don't want to be projecting a big oriental during the work day. A subtle fragrance is best for the office.

Steampunk fit the bill well, and I really enjoyed it. I'm not the biggest fan of violets, many of them are just too sweet, but not this one. In fact, until I read the notes on Fragrantica, I assumed that Steampunk was an iris/violet mix, with just with a drop or two of violet to sweeten it…in the mold of Iris Pallida for example. There is also a low key blond woods note.

All in all, it was a near perfect fit for a sunny, if cool early Spring day at work. Would definitely wear it again. Thanks for the opportunity to try Steampunk.

Quick update: Steam punk still going at 12 hrs. Restrained projection, very good length.
    Last edited by james1051; 22nd March 2014 at 01:15 AM.

Great review James! So glad you enjoyed it.

I wore Eau de Froliche No 3 -- This opens bright and coniferous, a bit like the end of the needles on the tree. I get the feel like I just broke open some pine needles and have rubbed the residue between my fingers. After about a half hour, this smells like a walk down a wildflower strewn forest path just after a spring rain. Fresh and lovely and very clean. Looking forward to trying this again. In fact, I want Mr. Fantastic to try this, I have hunch he may like it.

Okay, I'm officially a fan, Erik ! I have a little crush for you, I think. Your frags are a combination of mystery and nature. What more can I ask ?

Today is Juli(July) 7. Wow, this one is great ! Let me preface by saying that citrus and "green" frags are not the top of my list. I'm just not a "clean" frag lover. I prefer dark, brooding, rich "in your face" frags or the gourmand/foodie that make you want to self-cannibalize your arms, neck, etc. I'm apparently a convert thanks to Erik, as this is something I "would" reach for, regularly.

This opens with a brisk, bright citrus and and vetiver, (which interestingly enough, I'm a lover of), that is pretty linear for the first few minutes. Initially the grapefruit is the citrus star. As it starts the drydown, mint peeks it's head in quite softly. It doesn't scream MINT. Erik is a master at subtlety and lovely transition in his notes. After about 15 minutes or so, mandarin and jasmine and a creamy fig leaf entwine with a sweetened cedar. Who says fig leaf can't be creamy, right ? This is a slightly sweeter frag, mainly from the citrus which carries brightly throughout a great portion of the drydown. The final stages on me develop into a lovely cedar/green fig and traces of mandarin.

This is another one that I think would be a happy Unisex workplace frag. I can see people saying "Who smells so great ?", whilst they sniff at everyone in the office. You know the type (Not me, of course, LOL !)
    Last edited by RavenNightMyst; 22nd March 2014 at 01:09 PM. Reason: addendum

Eau de Froehliche no 3:

Wearing this today and it's been a real treat! Opens with some ctirus, herbs, and conifers. I get a "winter forest" type of vibe. After it settles on the skin, black currant starts to come through along with a big incense note. These are the two main players in this scent. The black currant lasts through the heart well into the drydown. Even with all these heavy sounding notes, it stays light and airy. Projection for the first hour was very good, but it becomes a skin scent quickly. Longevity is average. Overall a really enjoyable and versatile scent. I can see it being worn all year round. The pine and incense seem appropriate for the cool weather, but they're blended in a delicate way making it an easy summer wear. I could see this fitting into the CdG Incense line nicely. I like!
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 23rd March 2014 at 12:29 AM.

I tried 7 last night.
    It opens with a great tart citrus-grapefruit. Surprisingly, this stays on message for a very long time. As it goes, it remains quite tart and fresh. The cedar and fruit that come later are still quite tart. Excellent - the problem with fresh citrusy thing is usually that they then move to something uninteresting, but this one manages to escape the fate. I'd like to try this in the heat of the summer.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Eau de Froehliche no 3:

Wearing this today and it's been a real treat! Opens with some ctirus, herbs, and conifers. I get a "winter forest" type of vibe. After it settles on the skin, black currant starts to come through along with a big incense note. These are the two main players in this scent. The black currant lasts through the heart well into the drydown. Even with all these heavy sounding notes, it stays light and airy. Projection for the first hour was very good, but it becomes a skin scent quickly. Longevity is average. Overall a really enjoyable and versatile scent. I can see it being worn all year round. The pine and incense seem appropriate for the cool weather, but they're blended in a delicate way making it an easy summer wear. I could see this fitting into the CdG Incense line nicely. I like!
    Sounds great. Will try it at work tomorrow.

Well, I wore what was marked as Eau de Froehliche, but I'm pretty sure it was really 7-July. It starts with a very realistic grapefruit note, mixed with herbs (could not tell what kind). Then fig and woods join. Stays this way, grapefruit, woods, fig, herbs, at moderate projection, for a couple of hours. After grapefruit wears off, its basically a wood-fig combo projecting lightly.

I didn't get much vetiver, nor did I pick up any jasmine. Always possible I would have found them if looking for them, of course. But I did not know what scent I was wearing, so brought no preconceptions to the test.

Its a nice scent, which I would recommend to a grapefruit fan. Daytime wear, warm weather. Office OK.

Addendum: 14 hours after application, I am still getting mild projection of fig leaf. Once again, as with steampunk, projection is low but longevity is good. Fig fans should try July.
    Last edited by james1051; 25th March 2014 at 01:34 AM.

Again I wish to thank danieq for arranging this pass; my first ever here at Basenotes.

I have had a rough winter whereby I always seemed to have a stuffed nose and many times, blowing so hard, started a nose bleed. I do begin to wonder if my smelling of various aromatic chemicals used in perfumery as I teach myself DIY has caused me a problem. But let me assure those that would know... the really powerful ones that needed to be diluted to 1% I did outdoors wearing a winter coat, a scarf and leather gloves covered in plastic (smile). But still we all know how scents can still remain.

I had previously read about Eric Kormann’s work and am so pleased to now have been able to sample his work over the past four days. Thank you Raven for your well written reviews and to you James, Jive and Cacio.

“July” (tested March 21st) started wonderfully with a pleasant, yet not overwhelming, citrus-grapefruit. Within 11-14 minutes I got a strong whiff of the ever-popular Hedione chemical and something else... maybe the fig leaf mentioned in the notes. I have never smelled a fig leaf. Thirty minutes after applying “July” it quickly became very soft to my nose and by 1.5 hours, it was completely gone.

Then we have “Eau de Froeliche 3” which I tested on March 20th. At first smell it was an extremely razor sharp green note. My first thought was celery but I rarely eat greens and I had been told that the listed note “black currant” to some smells like “cat piss”. Whatever it was that I smelled was extremely ultra intense but strangely likeable. Fifteen minutes later “Froeliche” transported me deep into a dense forest. After 30 minutes and thereafter “Eau de Froeliche 3” remained a pleasing and comforting fragrance.

I recall reading about “Steampunk” last year. Some great reviews had been written. On March 23rd I sprayed two on one arm and one spray on the other - my natural arm hair fully intact. Within 5-10 minutes I did smell something evolving. It was different and interesting and I could see myself transported into a different time and place but after twenty minutes it gone and “Steampunk” was just a memory to my nose.

Then we have my personal winner of the samples... December, which I tested on March 22nd.

“December” just needs to be experienced. It is wonderful. Granted I am one that likes holidays and spice and everything nice. The opening is fully enticing and it will invite you in. The outstretched hand beckons others to join and then withdraws and closes the door. I just adore this creation of Eric. I would buy a bottle if it were available in the USA. With my damaged winter nose... after four hours I still smelled it and It was close to skin after 9 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by james1051 View Post
    Hi again, I need to correct my earlier statement. I did not get September. I got Eau de Froeh., Steampunk, 7 and 12. Sorry about that! Offer to pass these, once tried, stands.
    It seems just a few got a sample package that included "September". Since this is a hybrid sample pass... please contact me via personal message about sharing your September pass with me.

Testing out Steampunk today, and very much enjoying this one. I, like james, am always cautious about first time sampling while at work, but this one is perfect. Subtle violet with a slightly sweetened additional floral note, but countered by the dry wood. More to come.

Sampling Steampunk tonight. Notes I'm picking out are violet, leather, and a floral note, perhaps iris. A cedar component too. Earthy and masculine. The violet is the main player here. Unisex leaning masculine. Overall a nice scent, but not something I feel compelled to own. Longevity is very good, but sits close to the skin.

I received a September sample, which I am ready to pass on. who wants it next? in case, pm me your address

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I received a September sample, which I am ready to pass on. who wants it next? in case, pm me your address

cacio
    Raising and waving hand.

Hello everyone, looks like we've let this ball drop. I thought I'd pick it up and lob it out there again.

I know for me, I can easily get overwhelmed with other things from my inbox!

So today, I'm trying September. I am getting a very fresh citrus blast in the opening (guessing bergamot?) followed by a quieted down version of citrus as it progresses. In move some conifers as well and I get not only the scent of pine, but also the scent of the pine resin. This is a walk in a forest for me. I think this is very unisex and would be a great choice for an outdoors day! It's also a scent that would be well received in an office setting as it's not projecting loudly.

Basenotes Plus

I started late on this one.

Yesterday, I wore Eau de Froeliche No. 3. At first sniff I encountered a loud and realistic grapefruitiness that upon a second take revealed itself to be citrus, geranium, and rosemary. After it settled, the rosemary became the prominent note (although it played nice and let the supporting notes do their due) with some incense coming forth. Closer to the drydown, the rose in this became more apparent. The dry down was a pleasant smoky pine that morphed nicely into a skin scent. I have to say that the initial blast of grapefruit scared me a little, but I was amazed at the many different stages that this fragrance presented. It went from sharp-citrus-to-herbaceous-to-smoky-to-floral-to woody. Very nicely blended.

Great reviews everyone! I'm glad we're getting back to this one. Erik has some really great, bright fragrances. Citrus heavy, but they seem to last really well, which is so unusual for citrus.

I wore 7 yesterday. This has excellent longevity, even carrying some citrus all the way through.
    It opens with a very, very realistic grapefruit, then adds a touch of vetiver to start the turn green. Leafy green and still tart, this segways eventually (hours later) into some slightly sharp wood (cedar most likely), still with a green tinge.
    It somehow felt linear, but I think that is because it last so long that the transitions are subtle.

Looks like the sample pass is still going strong! I would just like to tell you guys that the directory was updated yesterday and most of Kormann's fragrances are now included : http://www.basenotes.net/company/104194

You have all written so many wonderful descriptions and impressions, please consider turning them into reviews so they don't get lost when the pass is done and this thread sinks below the horizon.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

Basenotes Plus

I wore Steampunk last week and found it to be a nice (not too) powdery violet. The opening had some citrus and dry cedar. The violet was always present. I got a slight leather vibe and there was another floral note that added some sweetness to the composition but it never got cloying. Longevity was good but this one sits close to the skin.