Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 12 February, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a lovely day!

L'Afro - O'Driu.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 12 February, 2014.

Morning good people!

Cold, clear and bright this morning - just how I like it. Today I'm trying out a sample of Jeke, supplied by a very kind BNer It's uncompromising stuff, but I'm enjoying it so far.

All best for the day.

Morning All,

Tabac Blond
    ((Mrs.E))

Morning everyone

Teardrop setting a place for you too. How’s the Royal Mail situation for receiving perfumes? Just thinking you really shouldn't be without BdL, that’s just cruel.

Oh my Frou Frou, what a stunning picture of you and your stead! I’ve never ridden side-saddle. Thanks for understanding (hugs) I sometimes have to be reminded to not let work get in the way so often. I’ll be in London at the start of summer if you are around and need enabling.

ErinK all the best to your mum, hope it all goes well. Smelling amazing in No.19.

kalli I initially thought it an odd pairing but it works. The choreographer has mentioned that Radiohead is one of his favourite bands.

Mike it’s festival season and I’m lucky to live in a city with a strong and diverse arts scene. The program is jammed packed with excellent events (perthfestival.com.au). I attended Xarxa Teatres production of Veles e Vents last week which, to summarise, is pyrotechnics choreographed to music inspired by the works of the poet Ausiaś March. The scale, effects and pounding fireworks were just incredible.

A chaotic day of tiresome but necessary meetings. Longing for the days where freedom, passion and hedonistic pleasures reigned and the conventional rules of polite society could be checked at the door with a sly wink and knowing smile. Close as I'm going to get tonight is a date with a mighty fine cheese platter, a glass of Cab Sav, Humphrey and Ingrid.

Is it sad I can recite the lines from this movie almost word for word? Ah well, it’s my truth, gotta own it. Controlling the chaos with Une Fleur de Cassie today and tonight, for some reason it’s all I want at moment.

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Still Sous le Vent-ing on this rainy day...
    Nice smells, guys!
    Best to all

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all. Right you are, Larimar - magnificent fumes are a daily guarantee here.

Hope I'm not lowering the standards with a citrus blast from TF.

Neroli Portofino.

Thoughts today are with Evangeline and family.

Missing Wolfie
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 12th February 2014 at 01:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Thanks, Xscent! l'm not sure about receiving perfumes from overseas. l have received orders from STC since the rules changed, but l'm not sure if the rules are different for companies vs. private individuals. That's something to check out...

Wet & windy again here. The forecasters are saying we'll have hurricane-force winds later today, & a month's-worth of rain in the next three days. People living along the Thames are now being evacuated from their homes. Truly awful.

l'm braving the weather to get to work in L'lnstant today, & thinking of Evangeline.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello all,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Mitsouko, vintage (1995) EDP

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 12 February, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone. Shalimar continues to delight.

Wish you all a very good day.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Chaumet Pour Homme

(4116)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling Neil Morris Midnight Tryst today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Hello all.

L'Eau d'Hiver (2003)
    by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle
    DONNA

Good afternoon all,

Another clement and sunny day here.

I am in

Serge Lutens - Fleurs d'Oranger

L' Instant Extreme

Basenotes Institution

Evangeline - if you're reading this I hope you are not only taking care of your loved ones but also yourself. ((hugs))
    Xscent - sounds fantastic. I am going to a show on Saturday, one of my friends is a singer and he's putting on a one-man-show for post-Valentine's Day. Should be fun. He's super flamboyant, so it should be a hoot.

I had sort of a 'blue' night last night - sometimes out of nowhere I just feel it come over me. I promptly went to the fitness center in my apartment complex and had a good cardio session, and that helped break me out of it. I think it had to do with some 'financial' stuff that I had to deal with, because of my divorce. Necessary and good financial stuff, but nonetheless it is making the ending of that part of my life even more clear. It's inevitable that I am going to feel a bit weird about it, even though it's been 11 months. Feeling much better about it (and everything else) today. Onward & forward.

Wearing a cozy, spicy, cocoa-ish favorite:

Anima Dulcis by Arquiste

This is my favorite 'chocolate' scent. For sure. It's sunny, windy and a bit warm here in Miami today, but this modern-gourmand smells just right.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Good morning, Tom Ford Black Orchid today.

ETA: MikePerez, exercise helps me to settle my mind, too. Sometimes I think our conscious mind can't do the job and needs to be distracted so that the subconscious can do its work. I hope you are feeling better.

Waiting for the snow in Shalimar Ode a la Vanille

Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Xscent - sounds fantastic. I am going to a show on Saturday, one of my friends is a singer and he's putting on a one-man-show for post-Valentine's Day. Should be fun. He's super flamboyant, so it should be a hoot.

I had sort of a 'blue' night last night - sometimes out of nowhere I just feel it come over me. I promptly went to the fitness center in my apartment complex and had a good cardio session, and that helped break me out of it. I think it had to do with some 'financial' stuff that I had to deal with, because of my divorce. Necessary and good financial stuff, but nonetheless it is making the ending of that part of my life even more clear. It's inevitable that I am going to feel a bit weird about it, even though it's been 11 months. Feeling much better about it (and everything else) today. Onward & forward.
    ((Mike)) treating my 'blue' with blue cheese and wine, lots of wine and classic movies. Will follow your good example tomorrow and go for a long run, can't stress or feel too blue if I can't breathe. The show sounds like a lot of fun.

Jon never! Your standards are always impeccably high.

Topping up Une Fleur de Cassie for bed. I have developed a sudden craving for this fragrance, wondering if it's been laced with the same substance as Tdem's Shalimar.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Tuscan Leather. Enuf said. See? It's giving me attitude. LOL

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Wet & windy again here. The forecasters are saying we'll have hurricane-force winds later today, & a month's-worth of rain in the next three days. People living along the Thames are now being evacuated from their homes. Truly awful.
    Go carefully teardrop. Just been talking to friends in the Isles of Scilly who are having a torrid time. The tides have been incredibly high there and the sea has been coming into St Mary's town centre. Normally the boatmen use the large stone quay in the harbour - it involves descending two flights of steps (around 30 ft) to get to their vessels. At the moment the sea is level with the top of the quay and waves are actually coming over. Must be terrifying as they also have 100 mph gusts to accompany the tides. The Thames is at unprecedented levels - an ex colleague in Marlow reports that the river is now in the church crypt and set to rise further after today's deluge. Hearts go out to those affected. We have escaped incredibly lightly here with nothing much apart from a fresh breeze and a few downpours.

SotE - Ulrich Lang Lightscape.

Thank you Xscent

Evangeline, if you read this, my sympathies to you, your mom, and your family. One thing of which I am certain, your mom couldn't be in more caring, capable hands than yours. As others have said, please do remember to care for yourself, too. Safe journey.

Mike, I felt much the same way yesterday (for different reasons), and my solution was exactly the same as yours -- an extra-long workout, and it did help. I'm so looking forward to my spa vacation for this very reason.

Xscent, if you have room for one more, I'll happily grab some floor space. You of course smell amazing. You know what I'll be wearing tomorrow!

As it is, all the talk of L'Eau d'Hiver has had the expected result: I'm wearing it today, and I'm scent twins with donna.

Good morning friendly folk. I'm sampling Eau d'Hermes today. Lovely scent! If only the vintage could be obtained, but so far I can't even locate any.

I am glad to report that my friends who've lost their pregnancy seem to be doing well considering the circumstances. We brought and shared dinner and company with them last night and it went well. They are able to speak of their disappointment and grief as well as voice hope for another try. I thank you all again for your kind thoughts towards them.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Blog Entries

That is good news, Dani...

Crazy busy day ahead. Another Nor'Easter headed to us tomorrow, lots to do.

I'm wearing L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger again and thinking of flowers and spring!

Blog Entries

​Balmain- Ivoire
    Last edited by kumquat; 12th February 2014 at 04:25 PM.

Bvlgari Black, and I'm glad for it now. Work is terribly stressful this morning, and every bit of comfort counts.

I've just caught up and wanted to share ((((((((hugs))))))))) and prayers Evangeline. I'm so sorry for your loss, so very painful. Praying blessings as you comfort your dear mama.

Kalli, so glad for the doggies happy ending!

And Xscent, I'll be buying my tickets promptly to join your fantastically over catered soirée!

And FrouFrou, could you and that horse be any more gorgeous!
    Last edited by danieq; 12th February 2014 at 04:45 PM.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Estee Lauder Pleasures

Basenotes Institution

Thanks everyone - yes, I am a very 'mind/mental' person. I stay in my 'thoughts' much too much for my own good. I am learning to change this (I'm reading 'The Power of Now' by Eckhart Tolle). One of the ways I do this, is I 'get into my body' with exercise. Usually, as soon as I do this two things happen: I 'feel' my feelings that I am experiencing and they pass quickly (I have burst into tears as soon as I got off a treadmill at the gym - which, if I'm sweaty, noone really notices lol) and also I stop thinking.

30 Roses - I forgot to ask, how's your husband feeling?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Mike, see my 'Off Topic' entry. It will cheer you up.

I fixed the link. It wasn't working but I think it is now.
    Last edited by kumquat; 12th February 2014 at 09:54 PM.

Good afternoon to all. Today I'm going light: Chanel 28 La Pausa.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I'm following everyone’s weather reports from across the sea and closer to home. Stock up, stay put, stay warm, stay dry.
    I trust that Evangeline’s wise and capable family will endure exemplarily.
    Twolf’s extended absence has me concerned.
    (((Mike)))

Matildaben, with whom I will be meeting up for the 4TH! time in just 34 more days (number from the countdown widget on my Kindle), sent me this news link: miss-piggy-calls-on-vivienne-westwood-to-design-her-wedding-gown

Photo by Disney, gown by Vivienne Westwood.
    While that gown may call for Boudoir or Libertine, today this BNer is wearing weird Marni.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Hello everyone!

(((mike))). I get deep blue (shall we say, navy?) from time to time myself. Sometimes the blues are just plain hard to beat. I read The Power of Now last year (followed by A New Earth, but The Power of Now was better) and found Tolle's techniques for mindfulness to be incredibly helpful in my life. I thought the section on the pain body was fascinating. Crazy how much of a conscious commitment mindfulness requires.

danieq, glad to hear your friends are doing better and are still hopeful that someday they will have a child. You and your husband have certainly been a blessing for them during this time.

kumquat, what a gorgeous photograph. Perfect for your wearing of Ivoire. You smell wonderful!

Xscent, the 3 c's (cheese, cab, and Casablanca) sound like the makings of a terrific evening.

Missing Wolfie and Elizrj!

I am officially snowed in thanks to winter storm Pax. It has completely derailed my travel plans to go home to Kentucky to see my mom for her surgery and meet my brother's fiancé - I would be heading right through the heart of the storm. So instead, I stocked up on coffee, wine and baguettes and should be good to go for a couple days. Going to make pizza for dinner and snuggle up with the Rockstar for a movie night.

In 31 Rue Cambon today, and darn if I don't smell fantastic.
    Last edited by ErinK; 12th February 2014 at 07:49 PM.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Blog Entries

Erin; that sounds like a perfect evening to me. Maybe you are just meant to spend time on yourself for the moment. Enjoy!

Jon; l was wondering about the Scilly lsles. We don't get to see on the news how things are there, but it must be pretty frightening being as exposed to the storms as they are. The weather where l live has not been quite as apocalyptic as expected today, but l know others haven't been so lucky.

Wearing Dior Addict this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    ...Wearing Dior Addict this evening.
    I went home for lunch & I applied the very last of my sample of Addict also teardrop. Gosh this stuff just smells so good. It reminds me, oddly, of Must by Cartier.

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling great today, and I have another post-work trip the gym planned tonight. No winter storm here, but it did start raining.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Mike, I have very similar experiences -- in my head too much, not feeling my feelings, etc. Exercise and especially yoga help me a lot. I've cried more times than I can count during the end relaxation part of yoga, and last night I cried while stretching after my treadmill stint. It's like it all gets gummed up and exercise helps bust it up and get it out. However it works, I'm grateful.

Sounds like a perfect night to me, ErinK. Give Rocky a neck snurfle and a kiss from me.

I'm taking tonight off and then going to yoga tomorrow. I refreshed my L'Eau d'Hiver at noon. I love this one.

ErinK, Thank you for liking my photo, my horse, and my smile! And you smell fantastic!!!
    Quarry, Nordic temperatures... It was freezing...
    Mike Perez, Thank you for the link, I will destroy the top and decant as soon as I have a suitable bottle
    Nothing better to drive the blues out than a good session at the gym. They did some research on that, better than Prozac. Much better. And you will find your dreamrabbit.
    teardrop, my horse is even prettier, this isn't the best photo
    Xscent, I think it's super scary, riding side saddle. But that makes me only more determined to do it! If we get to go to London I will let you know!
    Jon, your report sound scary! Hope you are ok. It makes me think of Mike Watson reporting for the EBC in ''The Kraken wakes''
    Danieq, Thank you glad to read that your friends are doing better.

Weather Dallas: the sun has come out after days of ''Dutch''-style weather, and it is a lot warmer too

Today my SotD was Soir de lune, the last of my decant, I so need to get back to my stash in the Netherlands!

Just a great picture, perfect colors and I adore 50s fashions
    Last edited by FrouFrou; 13th February 2014 at 12:44 AM.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

L'Instant Pour Homme by Guerlain

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Chanel no5 today. It is becoming my go-to fragrance on days when I can't decide on something.

It is warming up a bit here and we had sunshine! Hopefully, all the snow will melt soon ...

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

Mike, Thanks for asking. My husband is all better, and our daughter escaped the bug-- so we're just resting now, watching Olympics and getting ready for the storm that's due after midnight.

We're supposed to get 8-12" this time, snow, ice, the whole deal. I think I'm actually getting somewhat inured to it.

Blog Entries

SotE - Black Aoud by Montale (from a sample/decant)

queen of the universe

Thanks to bogsc, Feminite de Bois got me through the day; my impression: skanky wood nymph.

I shall try Fidji tonight, opening that little vial with care, as I was warned it contains propellant. I did sniff from the vial, and the opening reminds me of my beloved Weil de Weil, an uncompromising 70s green.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!