Frequency (High) 24 KHZ
    Frequency (Low) 10 KHZ
    Operating Principle Closed System
    Weight 120g
    Cable Length 1.2m

Default Re: Which headphones is better?

Like the look of the first one better.

(4139)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned
    Blog Entries

White

Basenotes Plus

I'm currently enjoying Bowers & Wilkins P7 headphones.

P7-Product-Image.jpg

Impedence 22 OHM
    Sensitivity 111 DB
    Frequency (High) 20 KHZ
    Frequency (Low) 10 KHZ
    Weight 290g
    Cable Length 1.2m

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Headph...phones/P7.html

Get some Sennheiser's, their more natural sounding, give you more midrange, do not color the sound at all.

So hednic likes the looks and TonyT likes the color. Not exactly contributing to this tech thread, are you?

Unless I missed something I do not see a price for the headphones. One of the best headphones on the market for the price are Grado in my opinion. Take a look at their website. Sound matters.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Quote Originally Posted by Mrnybluesman View Post
    Unless I missed something I do not see a price for the headphones. One of the best headphones on the market for the price are Grado in my opinion. Take a look at their website. Sound matters.
    But what color are they?

Laughing...they are black but I guess you can decorate them!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    But what color are they?

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Got this.

From the makers of STEEZ, the first-ever line of audio systems geared toward dancers, comes a new family of headphones, inspired by the emerging DJ and dance scene
    Last edited by klimax; 14th February 2014 at 12:05 PM.

How do they sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
    Get some Sennheiser's, their more natural sounding, give you more midrange, do not color the sound at all.
    +1 -- Great value for money also

Basenotes Member

Headfi is the place to go for some great headphone advice. For every addiction, there's a forum! My poor wallet!

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    How do they sound?
    Will have to get back to u on that one, got it from ebay as it's not avalible in shops.

Quote Originally Posted by klimax View Post

From the makers of STEEZ, the first-ever line of audio systems geared toward dancers, comes a new family of headphones, inspired by the emerging DJ and dance scene
    This copy would have had me running miles from these headphones, but it did give me a laugh. And I like dance music and clubbing. Emerging DJ and dance scene? So are we talking the 60's and 70's or earlier? Or are we still pretending that clubbing/raving is something new. The way that every generation seems to believe that they invented sex?

The answer to your original question is, whichever you like the sound of best. Or if you are buying based on looks, whichever you prefer the appearance of. Open and closed headphones tend to have quite a different sound. I wouldn't consider open backed headphones for use when you are out and about because of the noise they leak and let in. Best to keep them for home use, preferably when you don't have to share the room with someone else who minds the noise or is doing anything noisy like watching TV.

I agree that headfi is the place to hit up for headphone advice, at least if it is sound quality that concerns you. Then again I'm one of those tragics that owns multiple sets of cans, a couple of combined DAC/headphone amps and even a portable headphone amp to use together with my iPod.

Yeah I like to feel the music not just hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    I agree that headfi is the place to hit up for headphone advice, at least if it is sound quality that concerns you. Then again I'm one of those tragics that owns multiple sets of cans, a couple of combined DAC/headphone amps and even a portable headphone amp to use together with my iPod.
    Respect.
    I pair an Astell & Kern AK120 player which has dual DACs with Sennheiser Momentums and the sound is great (especially with HD audio).

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Respect.
    I pair an Astell & Kern AK120 player which has dual DACs with Sennheiser Momentums and the sound is great (especially with HD audio).
    Nice, I still haven't had a listen to any of the Astell & Kern players, but they look the goods.

Just recieved the Steez. They sound good and like a more expensive headphones.

I bought headphones for my son last fall. He wasn't interested in whether they looked good though; fashion and style are very low priorities for him. He uses them every day and they are holding up really well and sound pretty good considering how inexpensive they were ($30.90 which included shipping):

Superlux HD 681 Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones

Although I am a big fan of Dr. Dre Headphones, I would go for the second one among the two.

Other features seem to be about the same except open-air or closed system. Closed system makes me feel like I am surrounded by the music played as if it is the background music of a movie and I am the movie star.

Basenotes Plus

i like the first pair more

2 months later, OP if you still haven't decided lol

I prefer the ZX300's because they're closed so will probably sound better. But obviously if you want to get into this stuff even a little, check out some of the audio forums and start reading
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Lots of tech discussion in here

300s

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    2 months later, OP if you still haven't decided lol

I prefer the ZX300's because they're closed so will probably sound better. But obviously if you want to get into this stuff even a little, check out some of the audio forums and start reading
    Oooh- closed does not equal better. In fact, the opposite is usually true. People who go after sound are usually after open backed headphones, and having closed headphones is usually done out of necessity.