Code of Conduct

Thread: review question

Default review question

I've written four reviews over the past ten days, but none of them have been posted yet. Members: Is this your experience too? Is this what I should expect? (Just asking.)
    Last edited by stuigi; 13th February 2014 at 02:04 AM.

Default Re: review question

Hi & welcome, Anosmia Amnesia!

Reviews are approved by admin before being published so there is occasionally a delay.

My review on Gucci Made to measure was quite harsh so it doesn't surprise me that the admin is delaying it...mayhaps for the eternity, albeit my review is not obscene it is quite harsh in sociological manner. Not that I'm saying that is the case with your reviews

I understand. It's just that the mechanics of this site are a bit creaky, and there's not much reassurance that a submission didn't just disappear into the void. Anyway it was fun writing the reviews, and one or two might have some value to somebody. Thanks for your replies, ipp and gb.
    Last edited by Anosmia Amnesia; 13th February 2014 at 04:29 PM. Reason: To recognize/thank both responders.

I hope that they all appear soon

Do not fret, your reviews will appear.

Blog Entries

l wrote some reviews two weeks ago that still haven't appeared. ls there an average time that this is taking these days? l know you guys are busy, but it would be nice to have some idea. Thanks.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

It totally annoys me that my polemic one-sentence-reviews never get published! If something smells like an ass then it smells like an ass!

During the Huddler-Period the reviews appeared immediately without any approval. Needless to say that I found that better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l wrote some reviews two weeks ago that still haven't appeared. ls there an average time that this is taking these days? l know you guys are busy, but it would be nice to have some idea. Thanks.
    They just appeared today, so l guess it's taking around 16 days, if anyone else wants to know.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello.

Reviews are checked by Grant and myself. He has the final say if I'm unsure.

Nowadays, they are usually published within a week, although occasionally it takes slightly longer.

At the moment it's a little behind that due to holidays, apologies for that.

Reviews shouldn't generally 'disappear'. Some unfortunately don't meet the guidelines and are rejected.

Guidelines on reviews can be found here: http://www.basenotes.net/content/94-Review-guidelines/

The guidelines are pretty vague on some points and open for interpretation, but thank God it's up to His Royal Highness Grant himself to render the final judgement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Judith Brockless View Post
    Hello.

Reviews are checked by Grant and myself. He has the final say if I'm unsure.

Nowadays, they are usually published within a week, although occasionally it takes slightly longer.

At the moment it's a little behind that due to holidays, apologies for that.

Reviews shouldn't generally 'disappear'. Some unfortunately don't meet the guidelines and are rejected.

Guidelines on reviews can be found here: http://www.basenotes.net/content/94-Review-guidelines/
    I did not know this. Thanks for the clarification and for the link to the guidelines.

Should be catching up on these this week - thanks for your patience.