Code of Conduct

Default The rumors of Gucci Pour Homme II's discontinuation have been greatly exaggerated

Bought a bottle yesterday with a batch code of 3081. checkcosmetic.net says this bottle was manufactured on March 23rd, 2013. It could be one of the last batches produced if this indeed was discontinued, but Occam's Razor would suggest that maybe it's just still being made?

Blog Entries

Default Re: The rumors of Gucci Pour Homme II's discontinuation have been greatly exaggerated

A few stores near my workplace still carry GPH II. They might be old stocks, but I saw a few bottles of GPH II at Sephora in NYC (near World Trade) just three weeks ago. Not really sure now if GPH II is discontinued, or just a marketing ploy.

Default Re: The rumors of Gucci Pour Homme II's discontinuation have been greatly exaggerated

I also saw this at a department store but that doesn't mean they're still being made. There is a high chance that it can be discontinued. Burberry London is also widely available but it can still be discontinued because I don't see it listed on their website.

I have also encountered a few stray bottles in different places, but I wouldn't say they're easy to find.

(4174)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I still find it in stock at our San Francisco Bloomingdales and Sephora. I don't think it's discontinued, but clearly in more limited distribution.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Most online retailers still have it reasonably priced at around 60 bucks so I would not worry about it being discontinued

Even if it is discontinued, we still have Hanae Mori HIM (which smells exactly the same).

At malls here in India it's being sold on heavy discounts. Interestingly, none of the domestic online retailers have it in stock. I guess these physical stores are getting rid of old stock.

I picked up a large bottle for a good price online.I'm not ready to buy a back up (or two just yet), but it has crossed my mind whenever I see some bottles out and about. I did get a back of of Burberry London.

I see this one on & off at Sephora, so I doubt it's discontinued. Same with Gucci pH I, I have my doubts about it's discontinued, since I have seen it at Sephora, Ulta, and Kohl's.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I see this one on & off at Sephora, so I doubt it's discontinued. Same with Gucci pH I, I have my doubts about it's discontinued, since I have seen it at Sephora, Ulta, and Kohl's.
    Yea that's what I said when I saw plenty of Gucci Envy bottles in stock at Kohls a year or so before prices skyrocketed. Of course, I didn't buy any because I figured they'd be around some how. Nope.

IMO, just buy something if you have the urge and indication of discontinuation. The worst that happens is you resale it for the same or slightly less than what you paid. The best that happens is you ended up buying some of the last stock before it becomes difficult to find/price inflation.
    Last edited by G Man; 14th February 2014 at 05:48 AM.

Its been discontinued every other week for the past few years now. I'll believe it, when i don't see it!

If you want it, buy it!

This made me whip out my sample. I definitely smell how HiM by HM is so so similar. I'd say GP Homme II is a lighter version of HiM. Although I prefer the physical presentation of GPH II better, the smell of HiM is more lasting and impactful.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I see this one on & off at Sephora, so I doubt it's discontinued.
    That's the weird thing about it. One day, it's on the shelves. The next, it's not. A few months later, it's back. A few weeks later, it's gone again. It seems to come and go from my local Nordstrom. It's usually not there, but every now and then, it is. If you look at Gucci's website, you'll see that it's on the very end of their fragrances, and the style of the bottle doesn't match anything else they sell. I'm shocked that it's still around. Time will tell...
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for HdP 1725 or Bond Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

I doubt it's been discontinued - anyone checked the Gucci website lately? It's still on there. It's not sold in any retail outlets here, but I saw a lot of bottles of it, for sale at Berlin-Sch÷nefeld airport a few months ago. Also no problem getting it at Swedish retailers either I doubt it's been discontinued, but perhaps it's only sold at airports etc now?
    Winter top 5:
    Cartier Santos
    Varvatos Vintage
    Chanel Egoiste
    Ralph Lauren Polo Green
    Dior Fahrenheit Absolute

It's fairly easy to locate online in the UK, however I do have reason to believe that the sources I'm aware of simply have old stock.

I just checked fragrancenet and they have the 100ml priced at $49.92 after 21% off ($43.93 if you use ebates)... for whatever reason, probably error, the BNIB bottles are cheaper than the 100ml testers lol... I'd get a backup if my bottle wasn't 98% full. For some reason, even though I love this fragrance, it doesn't get as much use as it should.

Gucci Pour Homme II is semi-discontinued

Still in stock in many places, but not heavily advertised or mass produced either. Essentially, it's like a niche product now.

As long as it's still being sold like hotcakes, that's a good thing. This stuff is great!

Good thing NOBODY in my area wears this stuff. Whenever I put it on, people are astonished that I am wearing a Gucci fragrance that "they have never heard of."
    "All the best perfumes in history have something that smells like garbage in them; that's what keeps drawing you back."

If this were still in production, it would be great.

Limited or Selected Distribution.

U.S. Website specifies : "exclusive to gucci.com. your selection is available for pre-order and expected to ship between 03/01/2014 and 05/15/2014.

http://www.gucci.com/us/styles/179768999990099#