Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a cheap bodywash ($10) to compliment Thallium cologne

First of all, here is a description the cologne, so you can get an idea of what its like: http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html

I'm looking for some soap or bodywash to use in the shower that is somewhat mild and if detected on my body along with the cologne, won't clash. Right now I'm looking at Every man. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003U63WXS/ref=biss_dp_t_asn

I really have no idea what I'm doing and the only reason I picked this was reviews said it had a light and not lasting scent, and because the cedar scent matched one of the "heavy" base notes supposedly in the Thallium. I was also thinking about the every man jack citrus scrub.

Any opinions or alternate suggestions?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Looking for a cheap bodywash ($10) to compliment Thallium cologne

Hi & welcome, Jared727!

We'll move this thread to Men's Grooming.

Thanks.
    Last edited by lpp; 14th February 2014 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared727 View Post
    First of all, here is a description the cologne, so you can get an idea of what its like: http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html

I'm looking for some soap or bodywash to use in the shower that is somewhat mild and if detected on my body along with the cologne, won't clash. Right now I'm looking at Every man. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003U63WXS/ref=biss_dp_t_asn

I really have no idea what I'm doing and the only reason I picked this was reviews said it had a light and not lasting scent, and because the cedar scent matched one of the "heavy" base notes supposedly in the Thallium. I was also thinking about the every man jack citrus scrub.

Any opinions or alternate suggestions?
    What about Nivea for Men Active 3 Body Wash - 17 oz for around $5. Doesn't necessarily match Thallium's notes but it is light?
    Last edited by hednic; 14th February 2014 at 07:34 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Welcome!

We've had some similar threads in the past. Most people think that shower gels and the like are very fleeting, they're gone in 10 min, so you shouldn't worry about matching. Just get whatever you like.

Somewhat unrelated, it is always best to wait 10-15min after a shower before applying a perfume. The skin is dry right after a shower, which would make the perfume last a shorter time.

cacio

Dove body washes usually range within this price category and are also very skin friendly. Apart from being mild and moisturizing (thus marginally increasing the longevity and projection of any fragrance), they can also be quite diverse in terms of scenting: ranging from unscented to 2-3 fragranced product ranges for men.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Dove body washes usually range within this price category and are also very skin friendly. Apart from being mild and moisturizing (thus marginally increasing the longevity and projection of any fragrance), they can also be quite diverse in terms of scenting: ranging from unscented to 2-3 fragranced product ranges for men.
    Thank you very much for the suggestion! I'll look into the dove products. Even though body wash scents fade quickly, in my experience there is still a very faint trace that remains on you for 3-4 hours that someone might detect if they were to come in close contact, like a hug. Is there a particular dove scent that would match, or at least not clash with the sugary, fruity scent of thallium?

Well, one particular Dove scent is rated (in a few BN threads from the past) as quite similar to JPG Le Male, so its sweetness, slightly gourmand style might be an interesting completion to the notes of Thallium, possibly without the two scents clashing.

Other than that, should the male fragranced products by Dove not work, perhaps the Extra Sensitive, almost unscented and very neutral, might.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 23rd February 2014 at 09:40 PM.

Whatever you get, make sure it isn't a strong bodywash. I may clash with Thallium (which is a good cheapie).

Wow, you must have very good skin for perfume if shower gels last so long.

If you want something unscented, I use Eucerin dry skin body wash, it is not perfumed (and in fact I like to add some scented oil to it).

cacio