Code of Conduct

Default Which cheap (<$20) fragrance do you recommend for a first-time blind purchase?

I'll be honest, I've used Axe and Old spice body sprays most of my life so I'm actually brand new to the whole cologne deal. My favorites of those have been Axe: Excite and Old Spice Swagger and Matterhorn. I've found I don't have a particularly strong fragrance preference, although I enjoy both sweet scents and fresh scents alike. For cologne, I'm looking for something fairly strong but not overpowering, something that might draw compliments from people standing a couple feet away from me, but not turn heads from across the room.
    Right now I'm thinking about either Nautica Voyage or Thallium (regular version).

Here's a link to a brief description of each:

Nautica voyage
    http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html

Thallium:
    http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html

Any other suggestions from a veteran for a real cheap (again, less than 20 bucks) cologne are welcome I realize that finding a good cologne for less than 20 dollars is probably like finding a good bottle of wine for 10 bucks, but I appreciate any help/explanations you can give me.

Default Re: Which cheap (<$20) fragrance do you recommend for a first-time blind purchase?

Solara For men by Lomani $14 for 100ml

If located in the US:

https://www.namebrandsperfume.com/so...or-MEN/id/6707
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Which cheap (<$20) fragrance do you recommend for a first-time blind purchase?

Blog Entries

Check out Diesel Plus Plus Masculine by Diesel ... less than $15 for 2.5 oz bottle and Blue Jeans for Men by Versace ($18+ / 2.5 oz)

I would also suggest the following, but they're a little over $20 on Amazon:

Guess Marciano for Men by Guess...$21.57 for a 3.4 oz bottle.
    CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein ... $21.75 for 3.4 oz (the big bottle -- 200ml or 6.8oz, is a little over $30)
    360 Perry Ellis Red by Perry Ellis ... $24 for 3.4 oz bottle

The colognes mentioned above are pretty safe, and will get you noticed within an arm's length distance, based on my experience. Guess Marciano will leave a nice scent trail even after an hour and a half of application.

Good luck!

Animale Animale
    Michael Jordan by Michael Jordan
    Chrome Legend
    Lolita Lempicka au Masculin
    These can all be purchased for less than $20 on Amazon and are all safe, pleasant fragrances.
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Xerjoff Casamorati 1888
    Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal
    Bruckner Aoud 1
    Naomi Goodsir Or du Soreil
    Chanel bois des Iles

Banned
    Blog Entries

Horizon
    360 White
    R By Revillon
    Curve Appeal
    Bogart Silver Scent

All are at or under 20 bucks..

The Designer Imposter Line is a steal also
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/DESIGNER-IMP...item51b50e0702

Nautica Voyage

Nino Cerruti 1881
    Azzaro Chrome
    Nautica Voyage
    +2 Perry Ellis Red (great value and a very well made clone of Acqua Di Gio)
    Kenneth Cole Black
    Davidoff Coolwater
    Curve
    Mont Blanc Individuel

Available at almost any store (walmart, TJ MAXX exc. although 1881 might be a tad trickier to find)
    Well enjoying what you're wearing is crucial, it is of the utmost importance to wear something that others like as well.

Samba Skin is one of my new favorites... it's similar to Mugler's Pure Havane and can be had for $15 (use free shipping coupon)

http://www.fragrancenet.com/samba-sk...mf/en_US/23787

Quorum

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Samba Skin is one of my new favorites... it's similar to Mugler's Pure Havane and can be had for $15 (use free shipping coupon)

http://www.fragrancenet.com/samba-sk...mf/en_US/23787

+1 on this one. Great, enjoyable lasting scent. And Its inexpensive - an excellent value

Seconding especially Shock.

If you add $5 to your budget, Midnight In Paris EDT is a perfectly acceptable frag that smells a lot more expensive than it is. Same with Encre Noire.

CK One Shock is another excellent value

Also good old Cool Water - yup I am a convert for the Vintage script bottles . late to the game on CW but it's a great casual fragrance ")