Code of Conduct

Default Hmmm...A Fragrance "Primer" Spray? "Canvas and Concrete"

I guess that too many scents are so fleeting in staying power these days that someone has created a fragrance "primer" to use before your perfume.

"Canvas and Concrete's fragrance primer is specially formulated & tested to ensure that your fragrance lasts longer and stays truer to what the designer intended. "

I have never heard of such a product before! Interesting concept. Someone was bound to come up with the idea sooner or later. I wonder if it works.....it's rather inexpensive...{$19.50 / 100ml}.....what the heck could be in it?

Canvas-for a woman
    Concrete- for a man
    https://www.canvasandconcrete.com/
    also found online at Smallflower

Default Re: Hmmm...A Fragrance "Primer" Spray? "Canvas and Concrete"

[QUOTE=Meow7;3071394]I have never heard of such a product before! Interesting concept. Someone was bound to come up with the idea sooner or later. I wonder if it works.....it's rather inexpensive...{$19.50 / 100ml}.....what the heck could be in it?/QUOTE]
    It'll be a fixative of some kind, I assume -- a light, undetectable musk or something. Or water!

The price is quite reasonable though, even though I'm still skeptical.

"Reduces the amount of absorption into your body" Really? I was not aware that I absorbed any scent into my body...into the top layers of skin, perhaps, but no further. Am I really off base here, or could I unknowingly be saturating my circulation with sandalwood and citrus?

I don't really see the need for this product...part of the fun of fragrance to me is how it will smell on my skin. If I wanted to "stay true to what the designer intended" can't I spray on a test strip?

The concept is useful for those scents which seem to disappear within an hour, but how well it will work remains to be seen. I'm also quite curious as to why you'd need a male vs female version.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    I'm also quite curious as to why you'd need a male vs female version.
    For marketing purposes.

Someone here will try it, but yes, my money's on it being a light fixative.

Banned
    Blog Entries

From the Huddler days I think Evogel bought this

Yup, I had to take one for the team!

A light, slightly sticky, sorta physical barrier. Aloe juice and some other natural things, (sorry, I can't find the box that it came in).

Easy enough to use but you have to wait a few minutes until it dries before you apply your fragrance and if you apply to a wide area or multiple areas of your body, you've gotta match the fragrance application over your pre-applied Canvas & Concrete application. I tried it with a few of the things that don't last for me; Chanel Pour Monsieur, PdN Cologne Sologne, etc. and it made a slight difference in the longevity as well as holding on to the top notes for a while longer, sorta like applying to clothes.

Then, I tried the same thing with unscented moisturizer. And.....you guess it. The same result except,......the moisturizer wasn't annoyingly sticky on my skin and the Canvas & Concrete was. To it's credit, the Canvas and Concrete was much less of a mess than applying moisturizer plus it was quicker in the morning rush, even having to wait for it to dry. Plus, it comes in a bottle similar to what Slumberhouse used back in the day for the EdP's!

Is it worth it? You gotta decide that one for yourself. It's not a bad product and it's almost priced fairly. It's easy to use, it really is unscented and it can make your fragrances last a bit longer as well as drawing out the drydown if you like that sort of thing. As far as keeping the scent true to itself without the mingling of your body chemistry......maybe. I don't really have a problem with that. It's never something that has caused me any worry nor has my body chemistry ruined any scent or made it unwearable.

HTH!

Eric

I don't think I'd be interested in this

I'm intrigued by this. I love natural perfumes but they do tend to fade on me quickly which is a damn shame. I just threw down more money than I ever have on a single bottle of perfume, but I wear that nozzle out. I spray it on whether I'm going out or reading in bed, so this is something I'd be into if it works.

Sounds like a money -making gimmick to me
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I just read the website, they posted this on the male version description:

"It's even been shown to last until the next morning which is great for all of you "dirty stay outs", we can say that on the men's primer."

I'd encourage them to say what they "really" want to say on the women's primer, but I'm betting that witty "walk of shame" one liner they're alluding to isn't exactly an advertisers dream. I'd rather hose myself down with perfume than be suckered by artless word play fueled by shameless marketing hype of the gutless variety.

Their target consumer uses a product often described vividly and creatively to the point we sometimes laugh at the imagery and aspirational "poetry." They can keep their "body funk" and "dirty stay outs." Blech.

Thanks evogel, for your review! I think I'll keep using body lotion that doesn't have aloe vera in it.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Meow7 View Post
    Thanks evogel, for your review! I think I'll keep using body lotion that doesn't have aloe vera in it.
    I would tend to agree with you. Unless one has an extra $20 lying around and wants to experiment, I think that body lotion or different application techniques, (applying to clothes, hair, strategic body points, etc.) is the way to go.

I agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post

Blog Entries

Body primer- that's rich!

Here are the ingredients-

SD Alcohol (Ethyl Alcohol), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/Acrylamide Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower/Leaf (Chamomile) Extract, Water (Aqua)

The "Acrylates/Acrylamide Copolymer" is probably the main ingredient that creates a sort of water/oil proof barrier. Or more likely it mixes with the oils in the frag and prevents them from evaporating as quickly.
    I could not tell any difference when i tested it. You can probably get the same effect with some silicone based "moisturizer".
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

All you need is oil-based lotion. $2.99.