Code of Conduct

Exclamation New Fragrance: Baldessarini Nautic Spirit

Nautic Spirit, the new fragrance for men by Baldessarini, tells a story of adventurer who lives an exciting life and his days spent at open sea. This fragrance offers a "metaphorical pause" and moments of relaxation in your everyday life and brings harmony of contrasts.

The composition begins with a combination of fresh passion fruit, mango and sea water. The heart contains a special ingredient of curry leaf, rarely present in the fragrances. This spicy accord is associated with more spices of cardamom and ginger. Musk, patchouli and sandalwood in the base contribute to the overall hot-cold impression of the scent.

Top notes: passion fruit, mango, sea water
    Heart: curry leaf, cardamom, ginger
    Base: musk, patchouli, sandalwood

The face of the perfume is Charles Schumann. The fragrance is available as 50 and 90 ml Eau de Toilette with an accompanying collection for body and face care.

Source: http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Bald...irit-5173.html
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Default Re: New Fragrance: Baldessarini Nautic Spirit

Thank you for sharing this info. Love the bottle design.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Sweet! I totally want to smell like I'm old and haggard. The bottle is gorgeous, and the scent sounds intriguing, but I don't get the ad at all. It looks like they snapped the shot at Denny's and then badly photoshopped him into what we see here. Hopefully he ordered Moons Over My Hammy, in keeping with the theme.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Worth trying a sample.

Ya the bottle looks pretty cool, looks like a wood grain type finish on the top. The notes sound interesting, I dunno about curry leaf though. We could all certainly use a nice designer fragrance with a good set of tropical top notes. The Baldessarini line has been pretty impressive to me, though I haven't tried anything after Marbella.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post

Sweet! I totally want to smell like I'm old and haggard. The bottle is gorgeous, and the scent sounds intriguing, but I don't get the ad at all. It looks like they snapped the shot at Denny's and then badly photoshopped him into what we see here. Hopefully he ordered Moons Over My Hammy, in keeping with the theme.
    Baldessarini never has been about the kiddos.

Perhaps they actually aren't advertising to the young and dumb and full of cum (and financially poor) late teens to early 20's crowd. Perhaps they're angling for a more mature crowd, because possibly it's more of a mature scent and not just your average young person's acquatics scent. Perhaps it's meant to portray wealth and maturity, and opposed to youth and stupidity. Perhaps.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Thank you for sharing this info. Love the bottle design.
    Terre del Mar!

LOL!

"You don't like my El Camino with homemade toolbox in the bed? Come see my yacht, you yuppie!"

If I just had a yacht, this fragrance would be perfect for me!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Ya the bottle looks pretty cool, looks like a wood grain type finish on the top. The notes sound interesting, I dunno about curry leaf though. We could all certainly use a nice designer fragrance with a good set of tropical top notes. The Baldessarini line has been pretty impressive to me, though I haven't tried anything after Marbella.
    Marbella? Sounds fascinating. Did you like that one?

Oh my. You totally have my sense of humor! Hilarious.

lol - yeah, the advertising agency may need to start looking for a new client, but the scent itself sounds pretty interesting!

I will sample for sure!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    lol - yeah, the advertising agency may need to start looking for a new client, but the scent itself sounds pretty interesting!
    LOL!

I was kind of wondering about this. They do seem to play the "men from the boys" thing to the hilt with the Baldessarini line. But never more than in this ad. I simply cannot believe that their target demographic is senior citizens, but maybe there is some sort of "there" there. Maybe they want EVERY age group to think they need to "move up" to a more old-guy fragrance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    LOL!

I was kind of wondering about this. They do seem to play the "men from the boys" thing to the hilt with the Baldessarini line. But never more than in this ad. I simply cannot believe that their target demographic is senior citizens, but maybe there is some sort of "there" there. Maybe they want EVERY age group to think they need to "move up" to a more old-guy fragrance!!!
    They're probably just trying to differentiate themselves from EVERY OTHER fragrance company that markets to the "under 35" age demographic. This scent appears to be another "acquatic" of sorts (even though looks could be deceiving, and it may not be)....and most people associate acquatics with young kids (or at least those under 25)....so they may be angling more towards a "mature acquatic, suitable for adults" (parents, professionals, etc.) type of advertising campaign.

I don't have the first clue what they're thinking with this one, but it's pretty clear that they are NOT catering to the youth, like so many fragrance companies (and basically, all advertisers) seem to. I actually kind of applaud them, in a way, for realizing that it's not only kids and those under the age of 30 that actually buy and use fragrances and being brave enough to go against the grain a bit.

I think the curry leaf in this will kill my interest for the scent. I don't mind it in Indian Cuisine but not in fragrances.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    They're probably just trying to differentiate themselves from EVERY OTHER fragrance company that markets to the "under 35" age demographic. This scent appears to be another "acquatic" of sorts (even though looks could be deceiving, and it may not be)....and most people associate acquatics with young kids (or at least those under 25)....so they may be angling more towards a "mature acquatic, suitable for adults" (parents, professionals, etc.) type of advertising campaign.

I don't have the first clue what they're thinking with this one, but it's pretty clear that they are NOT catering to the youth, like so many fragrance companies (and basically, all advertisers) seem to. I actually kind of applaud them, in a way, for realizing that it's not only kids and those under the age of 30 that actually buy and use fragrances and being brave enough to go against the grain a bit.
    Totally with you there! This may be the first time I've seen a fragrance ad where the guy is older than me - and he's not "grandpa" in the background.

Here is a really great blog post I found on how Azzaro sometimes breaks out of the box in their ads:

http://alexiwordell.blogspot.com/201...etter-man.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I think the curry leaf in this will kill my interest for the scent. I don't mind it in Indian Cuisine but not in fragrances.
    This item was in TDC Oriental Lounge, as I recall. I think it worked there OK, but that was obviously a spicy scent. Not sure what to expect here.

Blog Entries

I think this may be pointed toward the German market. Here is a German GQ mention:

http://www.gq-magazin.de/mode-stil/p...nder-dresscode

Here is a translation by Google, which is a hoot in itself!

Baldessarini Nautic Spirit

On adventure cruise: Nautic Spirit takes us on the expanse of the ocean. Aquatic fragrances are a new trend that pleases us very well. Because fresh because refreshing because dynamic. The tangy kick of passion fruit and mango followed by a spicy mix of curry leaves, ginger and cardamom, musk, patchouli and sandalwood determine the Fund. The result is a striking hot-cold effect.

If the smell would be a type, then ... a modern, urbane captain, who is guided by a stylish inner compass. A guy like Charles Schumann.

Baldessarini Nautic Spirit, Price: 50 ml Eau de Toilette - 52 euros. Available from March 2014
    And Charles Schumann, it turns out, is something of an iconic character in Germany - seems a bit like a fashionable tough-guy - maybe a Charles Bronson type? But kind of in a German way - surfer, boxer, pianist, barkeep, playboy.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Schumann

http://www.playboy.de/stars-stories/...arles_schumann

And that all makes sense now, because he has a very "nautical" complexion. So some truth in advertising!

I think this may be pointed toward the German market. Here is a German GQ mention:

http://www.gq-magazin.de/mode-stil/p...nder-dresscode

Here is a translation by Google, which is a hoot in itself!

And Charles Schumann, it turns out, is something of an iconic character in Germany - seems a bit like a fashionable tough-guy - maybe a Charles Bronson type? But kind of in a German way - surfer, boxer, pianist, barkeep, playboy.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Schumann

http://www.playboy.de/stars-stories/...arles_schumann

And that all makes sense now, because he has a very "nautical" complexion. So some truth in advertising!
    LOL!!! Well, turns out...I was right. Although I didn't KNOW it...I kind of suspected that WEALTH may be the angle they were going for:

Perhaps it's meant to portray wealth and maturity, and opposed to youth and stupidity. Perhaps.
    (that should have read "as opposed to")

But....apparently they ARE trying to portray wealth with this ad because....well...Charles Schumann IS a billionaire:

http://www.billionaire.com/taste/370...umann-bar-code

"I don't always have my picture taken, but when I do, I prefer a poorly lit booth at Denny's, because I get breakfast and I know they can photoshop me onto a boat later."

What the WHAT THE huh? He looks so stoned... and... yikes.

I'd like to try it. Hope it is easy to find.

Blog Entries

"I don't always have my picture taken, but when I do, I prefer a poorly lit booth at Denny's, because I get breakfast and I know they can photoshop me onto a boat later."
    LOL! Hey - maybe this stuff was meant to be layered!

What the WHAT THE huh? He looks so stoned... and... yikes.
    Totally. That's what's so ingenious about this ad - very memorable. It's just edgy, but you're supposed to beat up on yourself for thinking it's edgy. I have to say, I really find ads that play mind games like that extremely interesting. I didn't get the "stoned" aspect as much as the "alien abduction" / "freaky uncle" vibe. But the innocence of the ad pulls in direct opposition to that - which a lot of the Chrome ads seem to do. It's kind of saying "Chrome - your non-sexual, I'm just cool, work scent that's good for play. Wear it to work, wear it to school, wear it on vacation, etc., etc. Oh - and if it makes you so cool that you ARE desirable, we won't talk about that."

Down underneath, when you take away all that BS, it's the colors, IMO - it appeals to those who want an anti-cloying fragrance, or at least something that FEELS that way. Chrome really digs deep on the fresh and aquatic themes. I have to say, that's the part that appeals to me.

Blog Entries

LOL!!! Well, turns out...I was right. Although I didn't KNOW it...I kind of suspected that WEALTH may be the angle they were going for:

(that should have read "as opposed to")

But....apparently they ARE trying to portray wealth with this ad because....well...Charles Schumann IS a billionaire:

http://www.billionaire.com/taste/370...umann-bar-code
    Thanks for that link! Yup. That would make sense. Money and success - the exact image the line is going after.

I really want to sniff Marbella - my wife and I visited that city on the coast of Spain, and she was absolutely entranced. But - yeah - there is a lot of money and success, as well as youth and beauty, walking around that place.

http://www.marbella.es/inicio/
    Last edited by Redneck Perfumisto; 16th February 2014 at 02:22 AM.

I didn't get the "stoned" aspect as much as the "alien abduction" / "freaky uncle" vibe.
    I was just thinking "Please tell me that's not his date." He doesn't look old enough to be that kid's dad. And what kid wears a scarf that way? The whole thing creeps me out!

Blog Entries

I was just thinking "Please tell me that's not his date." He doesn't look old enough to be that kid's dad. And what kid wears a scarf that way? The whole thing creeps me out!
    LOL!!! Yes - I think I had the exact same thought. Which you KNOW they wanted you to have.

Exactly - it's creepy, and you are forced to dig deeper to make it uncreepy. Just ingenious. They build on his eyes - which seem wrong at first, and it just expands from there.

There are certain people who are beautiful in that way, and I always find them fascinating. They appear to be a special case of the idea that we are drawn toward averages as the central point of beauty, and they're some kind of instance of a highly dipolar averaging. There is an odd way that deviations can achieve balance, and if our mind looks for it and finds it, it's satisfying.

This is what I imagine Danny Trejo would look like if portraying a rich sailor instead of Mexican gangsters

I can almost see his hand moving up the leg in that picture.

The underlying message I see it saying: "Happy Valentines Day! -- from NAMBLA"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloke View Post

This is what I imagine Danny Trejo would look like if portraying a rich sailor instead of Mexican gangsters
    Totally! Though Danny has a cuddly side, too!

Blog Entries

*screaming laughter*

I personally find the older gentleman in the Nautic Spirit ad to be quite attractive. Sorry boys!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    I personally find the older gentleman in the Nautic Spirit ad to be quite attractive. Sorry boys!
    LOL!

And apparently you're not alone!

("C'mon boys - let's go back to the playground! This boat place is BORING!")

Marbella? Sounds fascinating. Did you like that one?
    I enjoyed this one. It was a tropical type scent, I got notes of grapefruit, orange and coconut mainly, on a woodsy base. The first time I tried it from my sample it was very nice, but the 2nd time, which was months after the first time I tried it, it wasn't as appealing to me. Still quite nice, worthy to try, I wouldn't blind buy it, because some may find it boring.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

If its aimed for older men im sure it will be stronger and well composed but that being said they should have used a younger model lol. Are they going to advertise at retirement homes,
    Curry Leaf has very strong vegetal smell , I am curious to smell this.

I wouldn't touch that joke with a ten inch pole.

Anyone come across this yet?

That's a very thoughtful masculine fruity fragrance. I can't name it aquatic, it does combine three dimensions: fruity (mango), marine and spicy (cardamom). I would describe it as green mango fragrance, done in the direction of Ralph Lauren Polo Double Black, but juicier . I like that mango note is noticable though not excessive, the scent doesn't roll down to a sweet fruity genre remaining beautifully sophisticated with a tropical twist. In the dry down this tropical note in a green spicy background begins to remind Aventus a bit, just a bit. Highly recommend this new Baldessarini creature.

The bottle is awesome: heavy, expensive with a genuine woody insert.

image.jpg
    Last edited by AntonPan; 26th June 2014 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Indeed but the mango note is interesting, are there any other frags that have a prominent mango note?

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    That's a very thoughtful masculine fruity fragrance. I can't name it aquatic, it does combine three dimensions: fruity (mango), marine and spicy (cardamom). I would describe it as green mango fragrance, done in the direction of Ralph Lauren Polo Double Black, but juicier . I like that mango note is noticable though not excessive, the scent doesn't roll down to a sweet fruity genre remaining beautifully sophisticated with a tropical twist. In the dry down this tropical note in a green spicy background begins to remind Aventus a bit, just a bit. Highly recommend this new Baldessarini creature.

image.jpg
    Crippity crap, was hoping it would be a red mango frag. How does it perform and thanks for the review.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post

image.jpg
    Nice, because I own both Black and Double Black, and find the mango note to be weak in both (especially Double). How about this curry note in here.. is it noticeable? That's the one note I was worrying about.. making the fragrance smell like an armpit.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Nice, because I own both Black and Double Black, and find the mango note to be weak in both (especially Double). How about this curry note in here.. is it noticeable? That's the one note I was worrying about.. making the fragrance smell like an armpit.
    Not noticeable at all.