Code of Conduct

Default Any fragrances out there that smell like the dry-down of Aventus?

Title^

Sound Scents

Default Re: Any fragrances out there that smell like the dry-down of Aventus?

Definitely Royal Vintage by Micallef.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Definitely Royal Vintage by Micallef.
    I heard it was only similar to opening of Aventus. It doesn't have the oak moss, vanilla or amber that Aventus has.

May get some hate for this but Fresco is similar.

OP: Just wondering why you're asking? Don't you like Aventus's opening?

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    OP: Just wondering why you're asking? Don't you like Aventus's opening?
    Yes i do like it but I don't love it. It is to smokey at the top for me. It is also very expensive for a fragrance. I'm looking for an alternative that is more linear which has the smell of the dry down of Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by OverHypedOverRated View Post
    Yes i do like it but I don't love it. It is to smokey at the top for me. It is also very expensive for a fragrance. I'm looking for an alternative that is more linear which has the smell of the dry down of Aventus.

A lot of "me-too" fragrances are popping up that smell similar, have some similar notes, etc., but nothing smells quite the same as Aventus - especially not in the drydown.

Royal Vintage
    Fresco
    Scent of Peace for Him
    HTTP
    etc.

None of these smell quite like the Creed. Many of them are quite good as stand-alone fragrances, but they don't quite compare to Aventus. Bottom line: If you like Aventus, get Aventus.

But if the opening is too smokey, you should certainly try the Bond offerings (HTTP, Scent of Peace). They are both fairly linear (compared to Aventus), long lasting, and have less or no smokey notes with them. However, you will not be saving any money, since they are priced about the same. But worth a look - and may be able to find them cheaper somewhere if you like them.

Hi dougczar. Thank you for the suggestions. Could you please tell me what HTTP is?

That's the name of Bond's new fragrance. Its named after a website and supposedly it has similarities to Aventus.

Blog Entries

I believe it was 'Zara Gold' that I was given a sample of. I was told it is similar.

I think that it's hard to match the nice Aventus dry down. The fruity opening with pineapple and a little less smoke perhaps easier to find. That's what makes Aventus unique in its own way.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by OverHypedOverRated View Post
    I heard it was only similar to opening of Aventus. It doesn't have the oak moss, vanilla or amber that Aventus has.
    No, the dry down is *quite* similar, only much stronger. It pretty much focuses on the Aventus dry-down to the extreme. I can't stand the Aventus dry-down, and as such, I *really* can't stand Royal Vintage. That said, if that kind of thing is what one is looking for, then I am quite confident Royal Vintage will deliver in spades.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Nope, sorry.

On my skin anyway, Aventus doesn't have a drydown. It's pretty linear to me and smells almost exactly the same from start to end. IMHO though, a few have tried and failed. Royal Vintage starts out similar to Aventus but has a sour drydown on me and doesn't last very long. I also recently got a good sized spray sample of the HTTP Bond No. 9 scent and actually wore it today as my SOTD. This one is a bit closer to Aventus but doesn't have the smoke and, on me anyway, doesn't last as long as Aventus. A good 15 sprays from the vial and I could barely smell it when I got to work.

It's hard to beat the original....

Nothing will smell like Aventus bcuz it ain't Aventus....just that simple. Not that Aventus is the best or whatever....but 1) it carries Creeds dna which is unreplicated 2) no 2 fragrances smell exactly alike. Now to answer your question there are some frags that are of the same vein or share similar accords as Aventus. In my opinion from what I own and sampled the owns that do "Aventus" best and or better are

Mancera Cedrat Boise
    Bonds Scent of Peace for him

Both are very long lasting with good to excellent sillage. They both have a fruity fresh vibe over some woods. This seems to be an attractive accord amongst the ladies. They both smell good without smelling generic to my nose. I would say if you like Aventus, SOP for him or Cedrat Boise you may also look at Bonds Bleecker Street.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    May get some hate for this but Fresco is similar.

Not similar... EXACTLY I own both of them and I tell you what, its a dead ringer. I have fooled everyone I put to the test. Even switching sample bottles to see if i could get away with it during a family picnic. (My family has always been into Creed and not one of them could tell the difference) However There is a 250.00 $ difference and its AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by Laurdess View Post
    Not similar... EXACTLY I own both of them and I tell you what, its a dead ringer. I have fooled everyone I put to the test. Even switching sample bottles to see if i could get away with it during a family picnic. (My family has always been into Creed and not one of them could tell the difference) However There is a 250.00 $ difference and its AWESOME
    Like you I did think Fresco was very similar to Aventus when first sprayed, but it's longevity and especially projection was terrible IMO. Since then there are much better alternatives like Lomani AB Silver and Insurrection II now.