Givenchy Gentleman
    Givenchy Pi
    L'Occitane Eau Des Baux
    Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille
    Thierry Muggler A*Men Pure Havane
    Dior Homme Intense
    Jean Paul Gaultiere Le Male
    Thierry Muggler A*Men Pure Malt

Can't wait! First purchases from the perfumed court. So we'll see how that goes!

(For those that saw my other thread i also ordered tom ford TV to see if my samples i already have are legit)

Would never have known about the perfumed court if it wasn't for basenotes so cheers!

Default Re: Blind Buys! Really excited.

You got a good few to test, enjoy!

I love Blind Buying the way you just did. Blind buying samples! It's the safer way to sniff around. Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille is on my list for my next sample splurge.

Another great place to get samples is from decantshop.com ...they ship a million times faster than the Perfumed Court and their customer service is awesome. Oh, and if you want to sample Amouage, check out Parfums Raffy.

...enjoy!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I love Blind Buying the way you just did. Blind buying samples! It's the safer way to sniff around. Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille is on my list for my next sample splurge.

Another great place to get samples is from decantshop.com ...they ship a million times faster than the Perfumed Court and their customer service is awesome. Oh, and if you want to sample Amouage, check out Parfums Raffy.

...enjoy!
    I love doing it too. I always buy 5+ at once. Love it. Better to have comparisons IMO

Good advice about the decantshop.com. Does the perfumed court take a long time to ship? Wish i knew that before i ordered from them haha

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGee View Post
    Does the perfumed court take a long time to ship? Wish i knew that before i ordered from them haha
    It takes them AGES. Don't be surprised if your order doesn't arrive until sometime in March.

I ordered a bunch from Decantshop and the Perfumed Court on the same day last year. The decantshop package arrived in my mailbox the day before I got an email from the Perfumed Court acknowledging that they were PROCESSING my order! I was pissed. Also, the Perfumed Court cheats you on juice. .7ml is the size of the vial they use, not the amount of juice you get.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What a nice haul of scents you got!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    It takes them AGES. Don't be surprised if your order doesn't arrive until sometime in March.

I ordered a bunch from Decantshop and the Perfumed Court on the same day last year. The decantshop package arrived in my mailbox the day before I got an email from the Perfumed Court acknowledging that they were PROCESSING my order! I was pissed. Also, the Perfumed Court cheats you on juice. .7ml is the size of the vial they use, not the amount of juice you get.
    WTF - that's all the juice you get? Plus terrible shipping times? Why would anyone use this site???

Oh, no... Those samples are ones I've used. I just meant you get more for your money on decant shop and elsewhere. The samples you get will be full!

Excellent load! You picked out some great ones, and I'm excited to hear your thoughts. I'd have to agree that The Decant Shop is a wonderful place to purchase decants and samples. I've had nothing but excellent service from them.

Awesome sample picks there.

I'm sure you will find some gems in there to your liking.

It would be great if you let us know which ones you end up favouring and if you plan on pursuing any of them

Right on man, blind buying is fun and exciting! And like others have said, you got some really good ones coming!

You got some good ones there. Enjoy!

Congratulations on your samples! I have ordered from TPC many times - very expensive, but they ship fairly quickly (now - not so much in the past) and are very professional. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Congratulations on your samples! I have ordered from TPC many times - very expensive, but they ship fairly quickly (now - not so much in the past) and are very professional. Enjoy!
    Oh so they ship quickly now?

I spose either way it's going to take a long time seeing as it's international...

Super excited. There are some ones on there that i havent been able to find but have been on my list for a while. I will definitely post my thoughts on them once i get them. Hoping to find at least one or two new favourites.

Surrender to Chance ships much quicker than perfumed court. By the way it's not possible to blind buy samples, sampling is what we do to avoid blind buying.

Oh so they ship quickly now?

I spose either way it's going to take a long time seeing as it's international...

Super excited. There are some ones on there that i havent been able to find but have been on my list for a while. I will definitely post my thoughts on them once i get them. Hoping to find at least one or two new favourites.
    I think the last 3 times I have ordered from them, they shipped out within 3 days of receiving my order. I didn't even realize they had international shipping though - hopefully you will get it quickly - and hopefully you will like your choices!

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    Surrender to Chance ships much quicker than perfumed court.
    I agree with StC as a great alternative - ordered from them for the first time about a month ago. Service was good. I will certainly be ordering from them again in the future.

Boucheron Jaipur Homme (not Boucheron Jaipur Pour Homme) I like very much! I own the EdP and am very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    Surrender to Chance ships much quicker than perfumed court. By the way it's not possible to blind buy samples, sampling is what we do to avoid blind buying.
    Well... I mean... They do have stores where you can go and sample stuff (and sometimes take a decant home). That wouldn't be blind...

But seeing as I live in Australia and most fragrances are hard to come by if they're not a super common designer, this is the only alternative i have haha. I did blind buy full bottles of YSL M7 and YSL la nuit de l'homme and wasn't disappointed though. Come to think of it YSL is a designer i keep coming back to... Oh, Opium Pour Homme too.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I agree with StC as a great alternative - ordered from them for the first time about a month ago. Service was good. I will certainly be ordering from them again in the future.
    Wow. Getting some really good alternatives here. I've already bookmarked both sites and will try them out!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSnifferMan View Post
    Boucheron Jaipur Homme (not Boucheron Jaipur Pour Homme) I like very much! I own the EdP and am very happy with it.
    Forgive me. The perfumed court listed it as Pour Homme.

http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...CHERHOMME.aspx

That's a a majority of orientals that you've bought.
    Interesting to see what you think of Le Male.
    Regards,
    Renato

You're forgiven

I see it's the EdT. If I were you I would definitely try the EdP

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Regards,
    Renato
    To me, Le Male (if I remember correctly) smelled like candy... don't like candy-like flavors.

Nice haul!
    How much did you pay for shipping?
    its free today if you spend over 25 dollars at decantshop

Quote Originally Posted by TheSnifferMan View Post
    You're forgiven

I see it's the EdT. If I were you I would definitely try the EdP
    Where can i get it from? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I ALWAYS buy an EdP if i can.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Regards,
    Renato
    What defines an "oriental"?

My everyday scent is YSL M7 or Tom Ford TV/TL. Are they orientals too?

Where can i get it from? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I ALWAYS buy an EdP if i can.
    Where I live it's available in stores. I think the EdP is better than the EdT. It has a nice smell and lasts long.

Interesting lineup, hopefully you will enjoy these fragrances. Some of them are not just my favorites in the vanilla category, but also among my highest ranked favorites in general.

Yes, they have it that way in the title, but in the details they have it the correct way: "Jaipur Homme by Boucheron is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men, launched in 1998. The nose behind this fragrance is Annick Menardo."

Anyway, it's a very nice potent EdP. Strong sillage and decent longevity. You've put together a nice list--enjoy!

Banned

How do you blind buy samples?