Code of Conduct

Default Was shocked by Creed Spice and Wood --- not in a good way

With Spice and Wood, it looks like Creed threw out it's own rulebook. Usually Creed scents are fresh, airy, citrus with a subtle ambergris drydown but this smells more like a Chanel Pour Monsieur or an old school fragrance than any Creed that I know of.

This is probably a good option for people who think men's Creeds are too clean-fresh-safe for their own good.

I smelled this in Neiman Marcus today (on the card - not on my skin ; maybe it calms during the dry down.) But I would say it's like 70% woody, 20% floral/spice and <10% citrus. I figured it would be more like Royal Oud, where it would have woody elements but be delicately balanced but this is all masculine. Like 70's male... uhm... adult-entertainer... masculine. But not cheap and horrible smelling like Aramis.

In the end, it's not something I'm particularly impressed with. I do like it in a way and I could warm up to it, but it's not worth Creed exclusive price.

Default Re: Was shocked by Creed Spice and Wood --- not in a good way

I like it a lot and am glad to have it in my collection. Creed did a good job with this one. It's something I AM impressed with. It's a very wearable fragrance in many scenarios.

I have not tried my sample yet. Now I have to bust it out.

My absolute favorite fragrance in my collection. 10 / 10 Masterpiece.

Does not smell "old school" at all to me.

Another good one from Creed. Gets better with repeat wearings. Too bad about the super-high price, though.

Blog Entries

What's odd about a frag called "Spice & Wood" being just that? I think this one really delivers. If you want light and fresh there are plenty of those already in the Creed line now as well as elsewhere.

I only have a sample of this one, and I am anxious to try a full wearing in the near future.

Sound Scents

I don't like it, but I don't think it smells old school. Maybe if it did I would find it more appealing... To me it was just boring.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Absolutely love this one also from beginning to end and everywhere between.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Sorry, you didn't tried this scent as it should be done and obviously not have taken it for an authentic test drive for a whole day to obtain its developmental mannerism and arrive at a justified verdict that holds water and if after that you still find it to be parallel to paper result , then I could respect that : my advise is that you should go back and have it sprayed on your skin to see how it blends with your chemistry ; so IMHO and all respect your judgment base on a smeared piece of paper is unfounded and In fact it does not situate you in a position to give a just indictment....peace
    Last edited by magnus611; 16th February 2014 at 02:48 AM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Wish I had brought this on our little trip to Charleston, SC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Sorry, you didn't tried this scent as it should be done and obviously not have taken it for an authentic test drive for a whole day to obtain its developmental mannerism and arrive at a justified verdict that holds water and if after that you still find it to be parallel to paper result , then I could respect that : my advise is that you should go back and have it sprayed on your skin to see how it blends with your chemistry ; so IMHO and all respect your judgment base on a smeared piece of paper is unfounded and In fact it does not situate you in a position to give a just indictment....peace
    Skin changes everything for me - I agree that you have to try it. My skin absolutely destroys this one. It removes all the non-woody notes and part of the woody ones, leaving a horribly dry scent that smells like a kitchen fire. But on paper it stays complex and balanced for hours. Royal Oud is much nicer - works on my skin or clothing easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Skin changes everything for me - I agree that you have to try it. My skin absolutely destroys this one. It removes all the non-woody notes and part of the woody ones, leaving a horribly dry scent that smells like a kitchen fire. But on paper it stays complex and balanced for hours. Royal Oud is much nicer - works on my skin or clothing easily.
    -Yes RO is in my top 5 and it's a gorgeous scent!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I really enjoy it, but the price is a bit high for me to buy a whole bottle. I like how they went for something not as fresh and clean this time.

Too bad you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    This.

It's all about the skin.

I think it's a solid fragrance. I don't think it's worth the Exclusive price, so I just bought a 50ml decant instead. At times, it reminds me of French Lover.

Basenotes Plus

I am going to get a flacon of this soon. I think it is absolutely wonderful.
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    I don't like it, but I don't think it smells old school. Maybe if it did I would find it more appealing... To me it was just boring.
    I'd say it's old school compared to Creeds in the past 10 years. But it's modern compared to most frags from the 70's and 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    What's odd about a frag called "Spice & Wood" being just that? I think this one really delivers. If you want light and fresh there are plenty of those already in the Creed line now as well as elsewhere.
    It's odd for a Creed. That's it. As I said, Creed threw out it's own rulebook.

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Sorry, you didn't tried this scent as it should be done and obviously not have taken it for an authentic test drive for a whole day to obtain its developmental mannerism and arrive at a justified verdict that holds water
    I'm not saying my verdict is a final one. I do want to try it on my skin. It's just less of a priority than others right now.

In my experiences, fragrances always smell the same on paper as they do on my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Absolutely love this one also from beginning to end and everywhere between.
    True words, nothing to add.