Code of Conduct

Default Bestperfumesonline.com

Anybody have any experience with the online fragrance discounter? Some of their prices are VERY good, but I've never heard of them and a quick search here and on the web turn up nothing about them. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a purchase but am nervous about spending a decent amount of money through a "no-name" business. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Bestperfumesonline.com

I wouldn't. How much cheaper could it possibly be than the legit, well-known sites that are frequently used/talked about?

I think they posted a typo because it's half the "real" price

You get what you pay for.

If a deal seems too good to be true then it usually is.

Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post
    I think they posted a typo because it's half the "real" price
    Which frag/what price? BTW, I tried calling the # they have listed and it's a fax machine for what it's worth...

I'd tread carefully on this one also. As already mentioned, better to be safe paying a tad more for having peace of mind.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Personally, I have never dealt with this site. I would be very careful (in other words, I would pass).

This is what i received trying to get to the website. Notice the "scams or fraud" alert. It's a definite pass mate.

BPO.jpg

*Edit* SOrry that uploaded really small for some reason so i uploaded it online.

Last edited by AndyGee; 16th February 2014 at 05:16 AM.

They have a lot of fragrances that aren't usually faked (I don't think anyone is faking the latest Eva Longoria fragrance). Their prices are also quite high for some items (GIT is $314). I'd stay away from Brands like Chanel, and some of the more popular frags at first, but overall, the site seems legit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    They have a lot of fragrances that aren't usually faked (I don't think anyone is faking the latest Eva Longoria fragrance). Their prices are also quite high for some items (GIT is $314). I'd stay away from Brands like Chanel, and some of the more popular frags at first, but overall, the site seems legit to me.
    Apart from the reported online scams or fraud warning, Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGee View Post
    Apart from the reported online scams or fraud warning, Sure.
    Could you provide a link? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything to suggest a scam. Do you honestly believe that the $9 bottle of Cuba Gold that they're selling is actually a fake?

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Could you provide a link? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything to suggest a scam. Do you honestly believe that the $9 bottle of Cuba Gold that they're selling is actually a fake?
    Actually with these types of sites that nobody's heard about, it's not fakes I'd be worried about... rather them stealing your money/CC info. I remember posting a question about a similar site a while ago, and the owners of the site even responded here and offered a coupon code to try them out. Good thing I didn't, because the site was gone within a month.

Hi!
    Please note that this thread is being moved to the Shopping section.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Actually with these types of sites that nobody's heard about, it's not fakes I'd be worried about... rather them stealing your money/CC info. I remember posting a question about a similar site a while ago, and the owners of the site even responded here and offered a coupon code to try them out. Good thing I didn't, because the site was gone within a month.
    They allow paypal as a method of payment, which comes with some buyer protection. I think even your credit card company will reimburse you should you get scammed.

The site seems legit to me, but why not just use a trusted discounter like Fragrancenet or even Fragrancex? The prices at that site are not that impressive at all and can be found cheaper at Fragrancenet for example.
    Well enjoying what you're wearing is crucial, it is of the utmost importance to wear something that others like as well.

Thanks for the input