Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default YSL Pour Homme...red ??? black??

In checking the Target.com website, a great place for finding fragerances, I ran across YSL Pour Homme. They show two dirrent types, “red” and “black” each in a corresponding colored bottle. In looking at the Bassnotes directory I see no such listing. Does anyone know the difference?

Default Re: YSL Pour Homme...red ??? black??

There was another thread on this, with older basenoters mentioning that the black was an earlier version, red being the current version.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Somehow, i can't access the target.com site from here, but the red version should be the reguar YSL pH while the black one should be the Haute Concentration edition. The Haute Concentration higlights lemon a lot.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Tend to agree that the difference between the two are the different concentrations.

I just had a look at Target website. Yes, the red one is Yves Saint Laurent Pour Homme and the black one is Yves Saint Laurent Pour Homme Haute Concentration, more intense version.

Basenotes Member

Thanks for the responses, I knew there had to be a difference.

Both listed as "Currently unavailable online-not sold in stores".

Ummm.... ok?

I have the original. I wrote about it here: http://www.jasonnewton.net/blog/2014...our-homme-1971

Kind Regards

The black one lasts much longer on my skin than the red.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Back in the day, I owned a splash with the red cap twice. I now own the red cap and black cap with sprayers. The thing is, I remember the vintage splash being much lighter and more citrusy throughout the longevity of the fragrance. It could be my failing memory...

Does anyone know if the splash was a different concentration besides the Edt and the Edt concentree?

The red cap is the first formulation and the placing of the YSL logo is important to look for too. I've never tried the concentree even back in the day (1980s). I don't even know if it came in that form back then.

Quote Originally Posted by jason_newton View Post
    The red cap is the first formulation and the placing of the YSL logo is important to look for too. I've never tried the concentree even back in the day (1980s). I don't even know if it came in that form back then.
    I gave the concentree a full day's wearing and it is closer to what I remember my vintage 6oz splash smelling like. I think the key is application here. I poured some into my hand and slapped it on my neck and shirt and I smelled great! All I had to was overapply and voila! The lemon blast lasted longer and that sweet drydown is just heavenly.

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    Both listed as "Currently unavailable online-not sold in stores".
    I thought that one or both of these had been discontinued several years ago. This might explain the unavailability.