Code of Conduct

Default Help me decide :P

Thanks for clicking on my thread well as stated above i need you guys's help on picking a new fragrance I'm 18 and about to start college so I'm willing to spend 100$ on at least two different colognes thanks for viewing.
    Colognes i own.
    1.Versace eau fraiche
    2.Spicebomb Viktor&Rolfe
    3.MontBlanc Legend
    4.Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua
    5.Nautica Voyage (and a few other nauticas dont know the exact name though :P)
    6.ysl L'homme
    Colognes ive been looking at on amazon ;P
    1.Jpg Le Male
    2.ysl la nuit l'homme
    3.L'eau D'issey
    4.1 million by Paco Rabbane ( im very nervous about this one just because a bunch of people have said it smells almost like woman's perfume)
    again thanks for looking and im hoping to hear your suggestions
    Last edited by houstono1g; 17th February 2014 at 02:58 AM.

Default Re: Help me decide :P

You have more fresh than warm ones. Not that it is a problem, you'll probably make more use of fresh perfumes in college. But Eau d'Issey seems a bit redundant as a marine when you already have a few of them. For fresh, you could instead check Lush Dirty (very fun minty fresh - a slightly weaker version is also available as body spray, where it's very inexpensive) or Lalique Encre Noire (vetiver, but it has some woods, so it'll do also as an evening/winter thing).

1 million does not smell like a woman's perfume. it's a typical sweet masculine. But I don't find it particularly interesting. Rather, for something warm, I'd look into Bulgari Black, an oriental with a fun rubber note.

cacio

Boss Bottled
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Lanvin Avant Garde $25
    Dior Homme $70

$5 left over (lunch money).

Bleu De Chanel
    Givenchy Play
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Personally, I like Eternity Aqua

I'd get Thierry Mugler Pure Malt and Hanae Mori HM... 100ml bottles of each can be had at fragrancenet for ~$95 combined

Basenotes Plus

La Nuit & One Million (I don't think this one is feminine...)

Gucci Pour Homme II and Thallium.

La Nuit and Serge Lutens Chergui. Women love that stuff.

Bleu de Chanel OR Allure Homme sport
    Lanvin Avant Garde (my favorite "cheap" fragrance)
    "All the best perfumes in history have something that smells like garbage in them; that's what keeps drawing you back."

At this point YSL la nuit l'homme is a sure thing so i only have one more spot and its between :
    1.L'eau D'issey
    2.1 million (still worried about this one)
    3.Bleu de Chanel
    4.Givenchy play /or the intense version

Quote Originally Posted by houstono1g View Post
    At this point YSL la nuit l'homme is a sure thing so i only have one more spot and its between :
    1.L'eau D'issey
    2.1 million (still worried about this one)
    3.Bleu de Chanel
    4.Givenchy play /or the intense version
    Of these, Bleu de Chanel would easily be my choice.

Basenotes Member

Bleu or Play intense would be the better of the two for your last choice. I would suggest one of the DH's as well.

+1 Boss Bottled
    +1 La Nuit de l'homme
    I recommend Rochas Man and Hanae Mori HM
    Current faves (Subject to change at a moments notice!!):
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

Try these two out:

YSL Rive Gauche
    Dior Homme

Since you have the fresh ones down (which is good) get something sweet/darker/warmer:

Dior Homme Intense
    Fahrenheit
    Rochas Man
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

+1 Givenchy Play/ Play intense
    can be found cheaper than Bleu and from what I understand less likely to be a fake (if ordered from a discount online source)

^ Yeah I'd say it's worth giving a trip down to the local mall and try play/play intense on. Walk around for a half an hour or so and see if you like it. Do it with a couple other fragrances that you think you may like.

I'd suggest against 1 million because a lot of people are wearing that one, especially college age and personally I don't like it. If you like it, go for it. Avant Garde by Lenvin is a good option, a lot of people prefer it over spicebomb. Blue by chanel has an incredible opening, the dry down leaves something to be desired though to put it softly. If they could recapture the opening and keep that constant, it'd be one of my favorite scents.

Oh, one thing about le male.... Make sure you try it on before you buy it. Best thing I ever did because it smells like baby powder and milk got dumped on me when I wore it. This too is worn by many, and I like to stand apart from others (this rule is secondary to just loving the scent for oneself however).

So, good luck with your stuff

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    You have more fresh than warm ones. Not that it is a problem, you'll probably make more use of fresh perfumes in college. But Eau d'Issey seems a bit redundant as a marine when you already have a few of them. For fresh, you could instead check Lush Dirty (very fun minty fresh - a slightly weaker version is also available as body spray, where it's very inexpensive) or Lalique Encre Noire (vetiver, but it has some woods, so it'll do also as an evening/winter thing)
    1 million does not smell like a woman's perfume. it's a typical sweet masculine. But I don't find it particularly interesting. Rather, for something warm, I'd look into Bulgari Black, an oriental with a fun rubber note.
    cacio
    Yeah BULGARI black is a real good one,if you can you might wanna sample first,not that BULGARI black is expensive but its always a good idea to sample before buying,especially expensive colognes,either spray it on in the store and leave for a few hours or more to get the full effect or buy some samples,when you buy blind a lot of times you will waste your money because its not what you thought it was.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Lanvin Avant Garde $25
    Dior Homme $70

$5 left over (lunch money).
    Dior HOMME at 18yrs old,you'll get all the women,young and old,MAGNIFICENT cologne in every way,probably my 2nd favorite cologne...

Quote Originally Posted by 601red View Post
    La Nuit & One Million (I don't think this one is feminine...)
    I doubt if he'll be able to fully understand La Nuit,its pretty complex in my opinion.

You need a classy one Gucci Pour Homme II.

+2 Givenchy Play Intense for sure. Just wait a few minutes for the opening to smoooth down a bit. Great frag/good price.

+1 for Encre Noir, your collection could use something really earthy.

CK Encounter and A*Men.