Code of Conduct

Default How to get rid of pimples?

On areas where you tend to have pimples, what do you do to remove them, or make them less noticeable? also is it more common to have pimples on hairy or hairless areas?

Default Re: How to get rid of pimples?

Regular use of products containing salicylic acid can help. They don't really remove them, but regular use prevents the formation of pimples and deals with smaller ones. Salicylic acid removes dead cells and disinfects, preventing inflammation. Many of these products are called "peeling" or "exfoliating". The same substance is also used to avoid ingrown hair.

I don't know about the hairy/hairless, I guess it's wherever pores can get clogged.

cacio

- - - Updated - - -

Regular use of products containing salicylic acid can help. They don't really remove them, but regular use prevents the formation of pimples and deals with smaller ones. Salicylic acid removes dead cells and disinfects, preventing inflammation. Many of these products are called "peeling" or "exfoliating". The same substance is also used to avoid ingrown hair.

I don't know about the hairy/hairless, I guess it's wherever pores can get clogged.

If you absolutely want to hide what is there, you can do concealing. Tom Ford just came out with a concealer in his men line, but I think that the thousands of concealers used by women work just as well.

cacio

I have pimples on my cheeks which are hairy...regular shaving keeps them off but not always ...basically oily skin here with a dry forehead

Use Vichy normaderm salicylic acid based face wash...certainly works for drying up the smaller pimples and gradually drying the big ones...

Certainly recommend trying something similar

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Ok thanx for the information so far. BTW since i dont want to be misunderstood, cause english is not my main language, whats really the difference between zits and pimples? I'm mostly referring to these small little red dots, with no puss filled inside.

Also the reason i'm asking if hair place a part, is because mostly i have some of them on the middle of my chest, and i'm wondering how will shaving my chest affect this. Will i be getting more of them if o dont have any chest hair?

Only a dermatologist can distinguish between acne type of pimples and other rashes, which could be due to other reasons (allergy and so on), and would require different treatments.

I don't think shaving will significantly change the situation. Shaving, on its own, could create ingrown hair (which also show up as red inflammation), and which can be prevented also with salicylic acid or the like.

cacio

You might have folliculitis, so go see a dermatologist.

I'm in my 40s and I've suffered with it on and off for years. At times, enough to where I've had to take antibiotics for a period of time. Ingrown hairs, on your neck area for instance, will get more irritated and possibly infected if you shave over them. Take a few days off from shaving.

I do agree with the others in regard to a face wash with salicylic acid in them. I use a drugstore brand and wash my face at least three times each day with it. Another suggestion would be to go get a liquid face mask that you can let dry on your face and peel off or a wash off clay mask.

It depends on the type of skin and varies with every individual. A good skincare routine that comprises of cleansing, exfoliation, toning and moisturizing should help.

To get rid of pimples, Witch Hazel can help. Applying a paste of Cinnamon Powder, Clove Powder and Nutmeg Powder mixed with honey can help deal with pimples effectively.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

I've read that cutting open an Advil (IB profen) liquid gel and putting a dab on a pimple makes it instantly shrink.

Blog Entries

Go to a dermatologist. Get some anti-biotics for staph infection. Don't pick at them. You'll spread the staph.

Basenotes Junkie

sounds like chest acne. Fairly common in men. Sal acid products help when used regularly. Exfoliating products with sal acid will help more. If you are in the US then you can get benzoyl peroxide based product over the counter which will be better still.

rick

After you wash your face use a good toner before moisturizing. Also a good diet can help as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk