Code of Conduct

Default Please help me pick my next Creed... or other niche.

My first niche purchase I made was Creed's Original Vetiver. I'm so excited to wear it this coming spring and summer. I adore the clean-green soapy vibe and the drydown is divine with its gentle grassy dryness and yes I do get the vetiver. For my next Creed I'm quite interested in, of course... Aventus and GIT. I'm also quite interested in Royal Oud. Mind you I will be testing these first. Any other Creeds you would recommend testing? Any other niches I should try out? I've got Heeley's Sal Marin on my to test list. For warm weather I lean towards fresh, green and citrus. I'd also be interested in a higher end aquatic like Wall Street or the above... Sal Marin. I want something that I can wear to the office in a casual environment (jeans and t-shirt) but that will still be sexy and classy. Any input is quite welcome.

Default Re: Please help me pick my next Creed... or other niche.

Millesime Imperial is worth trying if you like Summer fragrances and so much better imo than Wall Street.

You might also want to check out these Creeds:

Green Valley
    Spice & Wood
    Jardin D'Amalfi
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

+ 1 for MI... might want to also sample Silver Mountain Water.
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

+1 Spice & Wood
    +1 Jardin d'Amalfi

Pure White Cologne

Royal oud✔️ and Millesime imperial, ohh yeah
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

In your experiences how do MI and SMW perform?

Quote Originally Posted by BottleJunky View Post
    In your experiences how do MI and SMW perform?
    Not nearly as well as Aventus and Royal Oud, which would be my recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Good to know... thanks JiveHippo.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

+1 Millesime Imperial
    +1 Silver Mountain Water
    +1 Jardin d' Amalfi

I recommend Xerjoff 1861. Green and citrusy. Sample first of course
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal Oud
    Bruckner Aoud 1
    Naomi Goodsir Or du Soreil
    Chanel bois des Iles
    Mona di Orio Oud

+1 silver mountain water. Right up your alley.

Aventus, Millesime Imperial and Jardin D' Amalfi.

Some great stuff above... so far I'm leaning towards testing Aventus, MI and Royal Oud. Surprised there's no GIT suggestions but it sounds like the others are more my thing... bright and fresh. Thanks for the input so far!

I would say pretty much all Creeds are worth at least trying out. For someone new to Creed, I would recommend Silver Mountain Water, Aventus, Virgin Island Water, and Himalaya.

Sound Scents

While I could think of many, many other niche (or designer) brands I would recommend over Creed, if you are looking to that house then Jardin d'Amalfi and GIT are tops, IMO.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    My decant of MI had pretty poor longevity and not much in terms of projection. As for SMW, my decant of that had better longevity and projected better too. Fast forward to my recently purchased fb of SMW, and I was surprised. 1 spray to the chest was projecting through my t-shirt the next day like a beast. I don't know what the difference is, but I'm extremely happy with this batch of SMW. Which is good because I love the scent.
    Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Himalaya
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Royal Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Tom Ford Italian Cypress
    Bleu de Chanel
    Serge Lutens Chergui
    Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

BJ, remind me to send you some MI , and point you to an aventus decant for cheap. I'm out or I would send some. Shoot me an email tomorrow
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

[QUOTE=Jack Hunter;3074818]Millesime Imperial is worth trying if you like Summer fragrances and so much better imo than Wall Street.[/QUOTE
    Agreed.]

Neroli Sauvage is a nice Creed scent that performs very well in the summer.

Also checkout Santal.

"For warm weather I lean towards fresh, green and citrus. I'd also be interested in a higher end aquatic."

A few non-Creed suggestions that might hit some of these notes and give you a sense of what exists beyond that line:

Humiecki & Graef's Skarb -- a comforting, slightly smoky, barley kind of scent. Quite uplifting.
    Masque's Terralba -- quite similar to Sel Marin but with a little more character to it.
    Hylnds' Isle Ryder -- interesting greens with a transparent jasmine.
    Serge Lutens' De Profundis -- fantastic iridescent violet with an earthy texture.
    Comme des Garcon's 2Man -- a waxy, aldehydic candle accord with a bright frankincense.
    Profumum's Acqua di Sale -- a more developed twist on Sel Marin.
    Tom Daxon's Salvia Sclarea -- an ephemeral, but crisp grass scent.
    Comme des Garcon's Blue Encens -- a chilly take on their infamous incense.
    L'Essence de Mastenbroek's Eau de Polder EdP -- a slightly buttery take on fresh grass.
    Comme des Garcon's Monocle Sugi -- an invigorating ginger carrot-like scent.
    The Different Company's Sel di Vetiver -- a striking, salty twist on vetiver.
    Bogue Profumo's Eau d'E -- a semi-aromatic modernized old-school cypress.

There's a few to give you some alternates to the Creed/Bond/Tom Ford type stuff.
    Last edited by deadidol; 19th February 2014 at 08:28 AM.

Bois de Portugal is a must..imo!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Millesime Imperial is worth trying if you like Summer fragrances and so much better imo than Wall Street.
    I agree. MI is by far the best Creed out there, or if you can afford getting a humongous bottle, Selection Verte is also fantastic.

I too started with Original Vetiver but strangely enough have gone off it since. Sometimes I justify getting a little bottle which I'll wear only every now and then.

I like Original Santal. Its dryness makes it a good, non-cloying summer scent and its cinnamon spicineess is perfect for fall and winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    I like Original Santal. Its dryness makes it a good, non-cloying summer scent and its cinnamon spicineess is perfect for fall and winter.
    Thank you for your suggestion. I own Mont Blanc individuel which I've heard from many is very similar to OS. I would however sample OS as I've heard it's got better quality.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    "For warm weather I lean towards fresh, green and citrus. I'd also be interested in a higher end aquatic."

A few non-Creed suggestions that might hit some of these notes and give you a sense of what exists beyond that line:

Humiecki & Graef's Skarb -- a comforting, slightly smoky, barley kind of scent. Quite uplifting.
    Masque's Terralba -- quite similar to Sel Marin but with a little more character to it.
    Hylnds' Isle Ryder -- interesting greens with a transparent jasmine.
    Serge Lutens' De Profundis -- fantastic iridescent violet with an earthy texture.
    Comme des Garcon's 2Man -- a waxy, aldehydic candle accord with a bright frankincense.
    Profumum's Acqua di Sale -- a more developed twist on Sel Marin.
    Tom Daxon's Salvia Sclarea -- an ephemeral, but crisp grass scent.
    Comme des Garcon's Blue Encens -- a chilly take on their infamous incense.
    L'Essence de Mastenbroek's Eau de Polder EdP -- a slightly buttery take on fresh grass.
    Comme des Garcon's Monocle Sugi -- an invigorating ginger carrot-like scent.
    The Different Company's Sel di Vetiver -- a striking, salty twist on vetiver.
    Bogue Profumo's Eau d'E -- a semi-aromatic modernized old-school cypress.

There's a few to give you some alternates to the Creed/Bond/Tom Ford type stuff.
    My cup runneth over! Thanks for all those non-Creed suggestions. I'm going to copy and paste these into my to test list. Thanks deadidol! I do own CDG 2 Man and love it. Thanks to everyone for their great recs! This is going to be fun!

Ninfeo mio At the time, Camille Goutal and Isabelle Doyen were working on a formula inspired by the legendary garden of the Hesperides. Each absolute, each essence chosen added another brush stroke to their burgeoning masterpiece, to the garden they fantasized about and spoke of as is they knew every single square inch.
    Then, they learned of the existence of a garden mirroring their description in every way, and immediately departed for the gardens of Ninfa, near Rome. They found a safeguard Eden, in which medieval ruins crowned in emerald green and all of the plants that had fired the imagination of the two perfumers can still be found. Through the garden flows the Ninfeo river in which is reflected the forest bark, the leaves of branches, ripe citrus fruit and luscious figs.
    In the shade of a pine tree, without warning, they were overwhelmed by a shared emotion : their perfume was right there, in the air, intense around them, the perfume they had been perfecting for months. And its name came to them quite naturally : Ninfeo mio.

Fascinated by the mysterious and spellbinding mandrake, Camille Goutal and Isabelle Doyen wanted to capture the powers of this plant to the multiple legends to create a unique fragrance, where the feminine and the masculine merge in a secret harmony.
    Mandragore... Its very name is reminiscent of ancient times, when men kept secret their knowledge of the power of plants. A mysterious name for a perfume at the uncommon elegance.

Eau du Sud awakens memories of Annick's travels in Provence and Tuscany. This fragrance conjures up carefree summers, the caressing warmth of the sun, and long evenings when daylight seems to last forever.
    A fragrance that makes you want to bite into a delectably juicy fruit and quench your thirst with cool water on a fresh sunny day under the shade of Roman arches.

Great stuff abover! Cut and paste! Thanks!

I'm against layering, but I once mixed Original Vetiver and GIT on a shirt and it smelled like a unicorn's breath!!!
    Last edited by Flatbush Ave; 19th February 2014 at 02:04 PM.