Code of Conduct

Default Any info on Orto Parisi?

Looks like the Nasomatto creator is releasing a new line. I couldn't find any other info though.

http://www.ortoparisi.com/index.php
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Default Re: Any info on Orto Parisi?

The bottles look similar except for the wooden caps of earlier. Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by sjg3839; 18th February 2014 at 07:32 PM.

I like their aesthetic and graphic…let's hope the juices will be just as good...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

The aesthetic is nice, let's hope it's not as pretentious as Nasomatto was. I'll be there tomorrow to smell the line.
    My current top five:

Tiffany - Tiffany for Men (vtg)
    Yves Saint Laurent - M7 (vtg)
    Fendi - Theorema
    Chanel - Antaeus (vtg)
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme

My sales thread | *NEW* Signoricci VTG BNIB, Capucci PH, Geo Trumper, Montana, Etro, Romeo Gigli...

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Orto Parisi Collection 9.jpg

I am very interested to hear opinions from people who have smelled Orto Parisi Parfums. I understand that they were on display at Esxence and by the time the show was over the bottles were empty, surely someone that has smelled them can offer up a few words.
    Last edited by Aromatic Vapor; 25th March 2014 at 11:35 PM.

The images for "BERGAMASK" remind me of the artwork of Mathew Barney's Cremaster Cycle!!!! My interest is sparked.

Colin Maillard, what did you think of the Orto Parisi fragrances? Where there samples or promotional materials available at Esxence?

Basenotes Institution

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

I like the look of viride.

Any update on this? Has anyone smelled them?

I got a chance to try all 5 fragrances when I was in Paris and ended up buying Boccanera after sampling it. It bears many similarities to Black Afgano ( dark spicy dirty woods, layered and strong) but has an amazing bitter chocolate note that pulls the whole piece in a more dessert/ anise like direction. As time goes on the fragrance mellows into a deep woody musk. I would also recommend Viride as its a bitter green scent with herbal elements in a novel combination.
    Last edited by the_silent_note; 11th October 2014 at 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling

I think Premiere Avenue now carries this line.
    Last edited by hednic; 11th October 2014 at 05:23 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Essenza Nobile has had the line for quite some time. They have only recently been allowed to show on website due to restrictions placed on them by Parisi.

Unworth any attention.
    My current top five:

Tiffany - Tiffany for Men (vtg)
    Yves Saint Laurent - M7 (vtg)
    Fendi - Theorema
    Chanel - Antaeus (vtg)
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme

My sales thread | *NEW* Signoricci VTG BNIB, Capucci PH, Geo Trumper, Montana, Etro, Romeo Gigli...

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Maillard View Post
    Unworth any attention.
    Thanks. Won't request any free samples of this house.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

After testing it, I'd say people who loved "Black Afgano" by Nasamatto, or people who love earthy, dirty, voluptuous scents will enjoy this line. Many of the options are a bit too similar to Gaultieri's previous releases or just smell horrific ( Stercus), but Viride and Boccanera are genuinely sumptuous, intoxicating scents.

I've tried them all and found them all to be pretty lousy. They're somewhat cozy and playful, I guess, but they're so poorly put together. At least three of them felt like sloppy remixes of Black Afgano (a scent I do actually like). Bergamask is a nuclear white floral that feels like you've coated your skin with neon yellow highlighter pen. Viride is both confused and confusing—a semi-green, vegetal thing. I wanted to like them so much more, and the bottles looked great in print but ridiculous in person (too clunky). I can see the appeal of Boccanera as a more chocolatey Black Afgano, but I personally thought BA was a better offering. I'd say if you disliked Nasomatto, stay far far away from these as it's a major step backwards in my opinion. Eau de Polder is still Gaultieri's best work to me.

Scent and Chemistry ran an analysis of Gaultieri's bases that he's notorious for and it was revealing to say the least.