Code of Conduct

Question Ebay Seller - Jewelrack

In the last few months I've become fascinated / obsessed with fragrances thus I joined Basenotes.

I recently came across an Ebay seller, Jewelrack - who seems legit with over 100+ reviews & all being positive. Selling mostly Tom Ford in 50ml bottles marked with the traditional TF sample sticker. Being he doesn't sell it with the original decanter the product is almost $100 less the original $220 50ml price point.

I write this to ask u guys if anyone has dealt with him and or your thoughts.
    Appreciate any feed back.
    Best Regards

Default Re: Ebay Seller - Jewelrack

Hi & welcome, jrod85!

Just moving this thread to the Shopping section.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jrod85 View Post
    In the last few months I've become fascinated / obsessed with fragrances thus I joined Basenotes.

I recently came across an Ebay seller, Jewelrack - who seems legit with over 100+ reviews & all being positive. Selling mostly Tom Ford in 50ml bottles marked with the traditional TF sample sticker. Being he doesn't sell it with the original decanter the product is almost $100 less the original $220 50ml price point.

I write this to ask u guys if anyone has dealt with him and or your thoughts.
    Appreciate any feed back.
    Best Regards
    While I have not shopped with this particular individual, I don't recommend this method.

The reason is simple: It's too difficult to prove if what you receive is real or fake.

I would recommend for your own peace of mind saving up a little more money and buying the genuine article from a legitimate retailer. That way you will never once question the authenticity of your purchase or the fragrance's appropriate performance, and you'll get a nice bottle and box to go with it.

However, if you're really looking to save money through buying decants, one of the best places is here, in the market place, where there are many splits from trusted, respected sellers with detailed feedback coming from other base notes members. The TF Private Blends are often being split so you shouldn't have a hard time getting in on one.

He is 100% legit I just googled jewelrack in order to check out his other postings (and your thread popped up). I purchased Tuscan Leather from him and I also still have my 50ml bottle from Bloomingdales to verify. Jewelrack's smells and last exactly the same. I'm kinda upset that I missed this deal in the past. Def recommend this guy. I was looking at his pics beforehand ...and I could see he buys a 250 ml for $500 and decants to 5 50 ml bottles which he sells for $120-$130 a piece and nets the profit.
    Last edited by Kennyvze2vtnd; 20th February 2014 at 12:02 AM.

Buysblind --
    Thank you very much as I'm a newbie as stated; Had no idea about the BN's marketplace!, and appreciate the advice. All you BN'trs make a new guy on the scene feel very welcomed!

Kenny - Thx bro for the check on that! much much appreciated

No prob... Initially I was in the same boat as you and had thought I was dupped before I received the cologne. Usually in these situations its too good to be true but in this case it makes sense from a share business aspect. The larger the bottle...the more bang for your buck. In his case he sells for profit...I'd probably use the entire 250ml over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    While I have not shopped with this particular individual, I don't recommend this method.

The reason is simple: It's too difficult to prove if what you receive is real or fake.

I would recommend for your own peace of mind saving up a little more money and buying the genuine article from a legitimate retailer. That way you will never once question the authenticity of your purchase or the fragrance's appropriate performance, and you'll get a nice bottle and box to go with it.

However, if you're really looking to save money through buying decants, one of the best places is here, in the market place, where there are many splits from trusted, respected sellers with detailed feedback coming from other base notes members. The TF Private Blends are often being split so you shouldn't have a hard time getting in on one.
    I think this is great advice. Avoid buying Creed and Chanel on eBay - they are often faked. If you aren't in the position to buy a full bottle, it would be much better to buy from a Basenotes splitter. They make absolutely no profit and have no eBay fees to pay.
    http://www.basenotes.net/forums/142-...e-Splits-Board
    Last edited by socalwoman; 20th February 2014 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I think this is great advice. Avoid buying Creed and Chanel on eBay - they are often faked. If you aren't in the position to buy a full bottle, it would be much better to buy from a Basenotes splitter. They make absolutely no profit and have no eBay fees to pay.
    http://www.basenotes.net/forums/142-...e-Splits-Board
    No offense, but I seriously doubt the bolded... what's the point then? I think it would be extremely naive to believe that it's volunteer work/community service... surely there has to be incentive.
    Last edited by mjones602; 20th February 2014 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    No offense, but I seriously doubt the bolded... what's the point then? I think it would be extremely naive to believe that it's volunteer work/community service... surely there has to be incentive.
    There's a difference between selling decants, and selling splits. The former allows both profit and using bottles already in possession of the seller, and the latter allows for neither. Basenotes has not allowed the sale of decants since 2007. http://www.basenotes.net/threads/195...ermitted-on-BN
    Years later, the rules were relaxed to allow the sale of splits, but only when specific criteria was met and rules were followed.

The marketplace rules, including but not limited to the rules regarding splits, http://www.basenotes.net/threads/283...13-PLEASE-READ , are rigorously enforced by Stuigi. If you believe someone there is making a profit, let Stuigi know and he will look into it. When I used to split, my motives were in fact volunteer work/community service and if anything, I took a loss, no profit whatsoever. I cannot speak for the current splitters here, but I believe their motives also have something to do with providing a service for the Basenotes community and offsetting some of the costs of collecting by getting scents at cost per ml for the largest bottles. The SAs they deal with no doubt love them, and there may be some tangible value to that from time to time too.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 20th February 2014 at 07:20 PM.

Well said, socalwoman.