Code of Conduct

Thread: Round 2!

Exclamation Round 2!

Allright guys, so I tried to find a new fragrance, a combination of the spicyness of Jaipur Homme, and the warmth/sweetness of Boss Bottled. I haven't found it yet, and maybe I'm on the wrong track. So time for round 2!

While I was sampling Chanel Egoiste the other day, I noticed I really liked the sugary vanilla sweetness combined with a very subtle leather in the background. Perfectly done, but it lasted way to short! But it learned me that I do really like the sugary vanilla sweetness.

So for the people who missed my previous topic, I used to wear Boss Bottled for a long time.
    What I like about it:
    - the warm and "woolly" vibe
    - the freshness
    - the vanilla sweetness (but not too sweet)
    To me this fragrance is elegant, warm and sexy/romantic, but quite fresh at the same time. Nice!

Last year I discovered Jaipur Homme.
    What I like about it:
    - the vanille sweetness
    - the spicyness
    I can always smell this fragrance on myself. It's a nice combination of sweetness and spicyness. This spicyness smells really good. Unfortunately I haven't been able to detect this same spicyness in any other fragrance.

One other fragrance I quite often wear, but didn't mention in my previous topic is (the cheap) Mexx Black.
    What I like about it:
    - the freshness
    - the sweetness
    It's not the best fragrance, but I do somehow like it. It gives a fresh feeling and smells quite allright. And... it's cheap.

So what I learned this past week, is that I do tend to like long lasting and good projecting fragrances that have quality sugary vanilla sweetness in them, maybe with a subtle touch of leather in the background. Besides that, I like the spicyness of Jaipur Homme, but I think I will not find this specific spicyness anywhere else so maybe I should forget about this. Also I like it when a fragrance is "woolly", warm, elegant and sexy (think of Boss Bottled). And I also like a touch of freshness, although I'm definitely not looking for a fragrance that smells fruity. So no fruity freshness.

What comes in to your mind when you hear all of this?
    - good quality sugary vanilla sweetness
    - optionally a very subtle touch of leather in the background
    - warm, "woolly", elegant and sexy/romantic
    - fresh

And maybe these fragrances give you an idea? Boss Bottled, Jaipur Homme, Mexx Black, Chanel Egoiste.

Oh, I do not like fragrances that smell like candy or forest, and I do not like "rough" fragrances that smell like dirt or oil. It needs to be elegant. Something one could wear on a business appointment, but also on a date. Classy, warm, sexy, elegant. Preferably I would like to hear the names of some well-known fragrances, because the "exotic" ones are quite hard for me to find. I think I will be visiting some stores tomorrow so if you have any suggestions I can try and find them.

Thanks for your input!
    Last edited by TheSnifferMan; 18th February 2014 at 10:57 PM.

Default Re: Round 2!

Not mentioned often, but give Lancome Hypnose Homme a try. No leather though.

Thanks! That's a coincidence. I already have a sample of that one which I brought from a store yesterday I wil try it tomorrow!

Hope more suggestions will follow!

If you haven't tried it yet I would recommend Eau des Baux. Not sure it fits all your wants but it is spicy and sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Centaure Cuir Ambre by Pierre Cardin

A cheapie - One Man Show
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Yes, I've tried it. Unfortunately it wasn't as good as I hoped for. Jaipur Homme is way better.

Here is the link in my previous post to get an idea of what i have already tried, but remember, I am looking for something different now! No more spicyness and sweetness. Here's my previous topic: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/375342-something-new

Guerlain Cuir Beluga

Thanks, added to the list!

Fresh vanilla: the classic is Caron pour un homme. Vanilla and lavender in perfect harmony. No leather though, and not especially sweet.

Otherwise, not very fresh, but not dark either, and satisfying all the requirements, there's Guerlain Shalimar. Marketed to women - not that it would matter. And Jicky too, this one marketed to men as well, though Jicky has a touch of animalics (but not especially dirty).

cacio

You might like Kenneth Cole RSVP. A former girlfriend of mine loved this fragrance so I used to wear it a lot for date nights. It definitely has the spice and sweetness the you're searching for, albeit slightly synthetic. It smells pretty good, though, and has a freshness to it, projects very well for the first couple of hours and longevity is about average.

Thanks, added to the list!

Any other suggestions? I will be leaving in 1 hour...

Seconding especially Caron pour un Homme.

Other possible suggestions: Dior DHI, YSL Opium Eau d'Orient, Guerlain Heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSnifferMan View Post
    What I like about it:
    - the warm and "woolly" vibe
    - the freshness
    - the vanilla sweetness (but not too sweet)
    To me this fragrance is elegant, warm and sexy/romantic, but quite fresh at the same time. Nice!
    To me, this perfectly describes Korrigan by Lubin.

Well I'm back from visiting the stores. Unfortunately, I was already afraid it would happen, they didn't have the fragrances you guys suggested... but, nevertheless I brought home some samples that seemed good when smelling them on a piece of paper.

What do you think. Good choice? Please let me know...

- Luna Rossa Extreme, Prada for men
    - Eau de Nuit, Giorgio Armani for men
    - L'Homme Parfum Intense, Yves Saint Laurent for men
    - Potion, DSQUARED▓ for men
    - Gaultier 2, Jean Paul Gaultier for women and men
    - Armani Code Ultimate, Giorgio Armani for men

I'm curious about your opinions!

Oops... no replies.

Are these shitty fragrances? :-s

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Absolue pour le soir
    I have not tried any of the fragrances you mentioned, however Jack Hunter has given potion by Dsquared2 high marks.
    Last edited by FISS80; 19th February 2014 at 06:46 PM.
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal Oud
    Bruckner Aoud 1
    Naomi Goodsir Or du Soreil
    Chanel bois des Iles
    Mona di Orio Oud

The only one I enjoy is DSquared2 Potion. The rest are not to my liking. L'Homme Parfum Intense being a gigantic disappointment when I tested it a few months back. At a time, I was really looking forward to that one...

Oops... no replies.

Are these shitty fragrances? :-s

I would try Habit Rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    I would try Habit Rouge.
    I actually sniffed it today.. but I think it's a bit too much penetrating. And it's not sweet.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Maybe give Chanel Allure Homme a sniff as well.
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal Oud
    Bruckner Aoud 1
    Naomi Goodsir Or du Soreil
    Chanel bois des Iles
    Mona di Orio Oud

Quote Originally Posted by FISS80 View Post
    Maybe give Chanel Allure Homme a sniff as well.
    Thanks, will keep that in mind...

I actually sniffed it today.. And it's not sweet.
    You may have tried something else by mistake. And I think you need to take your time before drawing conclusions. Testing two powerhouses in one evening, or quick sniffs at the store, have limited utility.

That's true... but I can't bring home samples of everything

Short update:

Annayake Tomo: starts strong and sour. The sourness disappears after 15 minutes and the remaining scent is quite pleasant. Unfortunately, within an hour it turns into a skin scent.

Hypn˘se Homme Lancome: to citrussy for me. Quite artificial as well. It gives me a light headache. Besides that I find it to "flat". It is just a bit sweet and that's it. To me there is nothing exciting / interesting or daring about this fragrance. It doesn't invite me to smell it or explore it. Maybe if you like citrus you might like this fragrance, although I think there are better alternatives.