Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 19 February, 2014.

Hi everyone - have a great day!

Trying a sample of Lumore by O'Driu today.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 19 February, 2014.

Hi everyone,

ErinK my bloody brillant b-night may have to be repeated soon. Sexy is state of mind, or at least that’s what I tell myself when I’m looking rather bedraggled on my morning run and a cute guy is coming the other direction.

Danie sending get-well vibes to your sweet George.

((ExtremeK)) and a . I’m all for manufacturing the ‘good’ in my day if it hasn’t come by on its own. I highly recommend this approach. Is it almost spa time?

FrouFrou Bacall can throw a death look like no other. How clever of you to tie in your décor motifs, I'm going have to get a plan together for my 'junk' soon.

Shadesofblue Chocolate cake and frosting? Awww, you're a good mum. Hope your son enjoyed his birthday.

30 Roses lob some snowballs my way? It’s unbearably warm here.

Vintage Derby today mossy, woody, green wonder. After the glorious citrus and florals fade away the leather, patchouli laced wood base is addictive sniffing. Missed Une Fleur de Cassie so that’s my SotE. Wishing you a wonderful day.

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran
    Currently wearing: Sycomore (new) by Chanel

Sous le Vent as it hits the right spot like no other at the moment.... effortless is the word
    Best to all

Iris Ganache in all her glory .

Blog Entries

Morning all & a happy hump day!

Encens Flamboyant today.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Sous le Vent as it hits the right spot like no other at the moment.... effortless is the word
    Best to all
    Larimar, and this is exactly how I'm feeling about Shaimar now. Each morning I try picking something else, and everything else falls short.

Have a great day, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

You sure smell divine, tdem! Just how long is that vintage extrait flacon going to last?

Royal White by Charriol

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Hello all,

Hello all.

Iris Oriental / Iris Taïzo 14 by Parfumerie Generale
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: 28 La Pausa by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !. 30 Roses, I'll have a few snowballs too if you can throw this far

SotD is Creed Royal Oud.

Won't be able to check in later, I'm afraid . Our home computer is going in for repair this afternoon, so I will have to settle for a quick in and out during work hours for the time being. Looking forward to being back on a regular basis again. See y'all tomorrow - take care, folks.

Get well soon, George
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 19th February 2014 at 01:03 PM.

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 19 February, 2014.

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes
    Currently wearing: Encre Noire by Lalique

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Xscent and Jon, consider the snowballs lobbed!

Looks like the next big storm may be coming a week from now. But warm weather is expected the next few days so some of this piled-up snow will melt.

Today's scent is L'Ombre Dans L'Eau.
    Babies have begun hatching on the Estonian osprey nests.
    All 3 eggs have hatched at Irma and Joosep's nest. Live webcam: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kalakotkas2.html

There are now 2 babies at Mai and Mikk's nest! Live webcam: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kalakotkas.html
    Osprey discussion forums: http://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/viewforum.php?f=56

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Sampling Bulgari Omnia today
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Cumming by Alan Cumming

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

"Typing" from my Kindle to say I just emptied a vial of Bois de Violette onto myself and my flannel shirt. Heading out for groceries for the first time in 15 days. The sun makes it feel springlike, but more cold, snow, wind, and thunder(!) are predicted.

Will say more when I get back and turn on computer.

Hey, 30Roses, regarding snowbanks: You show me yours, and I'll show you mine.

Danieq, in a few weeks I'll be seeing Arizona for the first time as I pass through on the train. Will wave atcha.
    Last edited by Quarry; 19th February 2014 at 05:30 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Kbe, where did you come across your Omnia?
    I am forever searching for some online, since it has
    been discontinued in favour of all the Green Jade,
    Cristalline, Amethyste side kicks. I really miss miss
    the original and hope you don't love it too much for
    your sake!!

I am wearing YSL "Y" and loving every moment of its development.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Basenotes Institution

30 Roses - I feel a little better today, so I think the workout yesterday (and lot's of chicken soup & rest last night) helped. I am so glad you like the Agua Lavanda. When I wear it now, I actually pour it from the bottle on me. It's a huge honking bottle and I can really splash it on. I like wearing it underneath Mouchoir de Monsieur and Jicky. Otherwise, I feel like on it's own, it's not really my thing.
    Curly11 - I think what Robin-in-Fl meant was that here in FL it can be so deathly-humid-hot that anything bordering on sweet or confectionery can feel cloying and invasive when we wear it. It's not just HOT, it's sticky hot. Of course, this is totally subjective & some people find wearing sweet scents in hot humid weather not a problem at all.
    ErinK - welcome back home. Please try the Prada. It's immediately discernible as an Andrier creation. It's not groundbreaking but it is very fresh and yet I do not think it screams 'masculine'.
    Danieq - ((bear hugs)) to George
    Quarry - how do you like the BdV? I never really 'fell' for the Luten's Bois scents. Most of them just left me sort of cold.
    Jon - that picture makes me think about my trip in Russia @ the St. Petersburg Museum & those magnificent palaces they have. Good luck with the IT work on your PC.

Robin-in-FL, I found my sample! So I'm in:

Reglisse Noire by 1000 Flowers

Wow, I see what you mean. This is more dusky, very brown-sugar-spicy & yet it has a nice, sheer almost aldehydic quality to the woods that keep it light and sort of transparent. It's not as minimal as the Hermes and not as 'thick' as the Slumberhouse, it manages to walk the middle line between both. Very nice. The radiance is wonderful, I am in a medium sized bubble of licorice. Thanks for the tip Robin. If anyone wants a sample of this, PM me, I have a huge sample & I can share.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 19th February 2014 at 04:01 PM.
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Chanel No. 18 today for AM meetings, and need to sample tonight, so this one won't still be around I do like it though, a different little iris.

Good morning, everyone! Another beautiful warm day in store for us today and I intend to enjoy it to the fullest. Starting Friday it's back below zero for the next week.

Wearing Cacharel Loulou from 1987 this morning, with notes including aniseed, iris, jasmine, cassia, lily, mimosa, plum, violet, cinnamon, heliotrope, orris root, orange blossom, pot marigold, tuberose, ylang ylang, benzoin, musk, sandalwood, vanilla and frankincense. This one is a powerhouse, but I love it!

Have a great day!!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 19th February 2014 at 02:16 PM.

Good morning, Mike I am happy you are enjoying the Reglisse Noire...I am on my second bottle of that, actually, even with it's seasonal fussiness.

Curly11, Mike hit it on the head, it just doesn't smell good in the heat, loses its transparency and, I don't know, just melts in an unpleasant way. it's a "cold" smell. By cold, of course, I only mean "not hot", it was 70F yesterday, that's our winter.

I'm in Alien this morning. One of the daughters loves it, the other recoils in horror. Very amusing.

Also - I am going to put a plug in here for the Cerave cream and lotion - these are very affordable and available in drugstores/target/walmart, are unscented so they don't interfere with your other smells, but the feel of them and the effectiveness are way out of proportion to how much they cost. They are gentle enough that I can put 'em on my face too, which is, in fact, what I use them for most often. No sunscreen, no fragrance, just very effective moisture.

Sampling Mona di Orio Musc today.

Robin-in-FL, thanks for the cream recommend, will check it out. I'm not happy with what I am currently using as it's unscented scent lasts and lasts.(Vaseline unscented).

George says thanks to all for the well wishes. His procedure is today so I'll report back when I know how he fares.

Quarry, I'll be the one jumping up and down while you wave. Enjoy the vistas, however brief!

I'm sampling El Attareine today. It's definitely Lutens but my initial impression says it's not quite FB worthy.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

queen of the universe

Off to water exercise in Fabergé Flambeau, one scent that holds its own against chlorine.

Staying strong for upcoming hip replacement surgery. Date set, Wednesday, April 9. Time to go higher protein, higher activity, lower carbs, and lower weight. I can do this.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Good morning!

Back to work after a few days off and trying not to be a grump about it. Also, will have to hit the gym today for the first time in a few days, and after the past few days of overindulging at home (homemade biscotti, homemade cherry pie which mom and I made - she taught me how to make pie crust, lots of dining out), I must get back to the diet and exercise. Bah. Humbug.

danieq
    , will be thinking of sweet George today

Taking ExtremeK's SOTD from yesterday for mine today: En Passant.

autochrome Belgium, c. 1912
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Just a spritz of Mauboussin.

SOTE

Profumum Fumidus for me today - wanted something smokey and this is smelling fantastic in the cold Montreal air.

Count me among those enjoying the warm temps and temporary reprieve from the snow and various vortices that have descended on the US this year. It's tripping my spring cravings. Yesterday was lilacs, today is orange blossom: Houbigant Oranger en Fleurs. Tomorrow -- more snow, so perhaps I'll join Xscent in UFdC

Speaking of joining Xscent, I'm with you on making your own fun, your own happiness, your own "here's what really matters to me." Now I have to practice it. Or, as I'm sure to hear at the spa starting in about 10 days (woo hoo!!!!!!), I need to practice living with greater intention.

Glad you and the Rockster are home safe and sound, ErinK -- embrace the treadmill! You'll smell lovely doing it, regardless.

More hugs for danie and George. I'll wave at you ( and maybe Quarry, too) when I land in Phoenix.

Happy hump day, all!

Terre D'Hermes