Code of Conduct

Default Heritage EDP - What do I have to look forward to?

I just saw Heritage EDP offered for a price I couldn't refuse. I've recently fallen for Habit Rouge and Shalimar EDPs and Mouchoir de Monsieur.

I've yet to test Heritage in any concentration but based on the reviews and conversations I've seen, the EDP sounds like a sure bet.

Does anyone care to share their experiences with recent formulations of the EDP?

Default Re: Heritage EDP - What do I have to look forward to?

I own both the EDT and EDP and with the EDP what I get is a smoother, deeper, richer Heritage that lasts hours longer than the EDT. As far as specific smell differences, I don't pick up any striking differences.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I have a sample of the EDP in my cooler. I will put it on now and report back this evening.
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Xerjoff Casamorati 1888
    Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal
    Bruckner Aoud 1
    Naomi Goodsir Or du Soreil
    Chanel bois des Iles

I haven't tried the edp but going by the edt, you are going to have something extremely rich and extremely long lasting as the edt is both of these things.
    I may even be slightly jealous

I have a bottle of the edp, like the one below. In a nutshell, I get a very classy dusty cedar/vanilla prominent with a little pepper and a little edge to it that pops up from time to time. Perfect for formal occasions.

guerlain-heritage-edp.jpg
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

I own the EdP version, and wear it frequently. It's rich, spicy, beautiful. Easily one of the best Guerlains, if not one of the all-around best men's fragrances. A superior acquisition. Congratulations.

I saw the price as well.
    After my very bad experience with the EDT, and the opening of L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme, there is no way I could buy to try the EDP.
    I just think its very unisex in experience with the EDT.
    To my nose, it smells very dated, and I'm just not into that sort of thing.
    The EDT was very bright, sparkling, but that "Guerlinade" thing just offends me.

Others seem to like it, so dont judge my words above that you will have a bad experience.

Im 33 and like scents similar to my signature below.
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective

For Sale - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 8/20

Subtle aromatic followed by an even more subtle woodsy base.

for swap/sale:

Subtle aromatic followed by an even more subtle woodsy base.

for swap/sale:

If you like those other classic Guerlains, you are more than likely going to appreciate Heritage too. I have recent iterations of both; I like the EdT but love the EdP. Enjoy!

I prefer HR. Heritage is nice but I find it a bit too formal and conservative for regular wearing.

Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences with the EDP.

@martinijo - It appears to still be in stock at Fragrancenet and at a wonderful price, if you're interested.

@MegaMav - Your comments give me hope actually, haha, since I'm coming to love the Guerlinade and the unisex qualities of their range. Different strokes, and all that.

@Kaern - Interesting. For some reason (from what I've read), Heritage sounded like more of a casual wear than HR (which I really enjoy in EDP).

I guess another question would be based on the positive experiences with other classic Guerlains, as Marais pointed out, where next? I'm thinking Jicky might be a good addition.

Quote Originally Posted by frostiblack View Post
    @Kaern - Interesting. For some reason (from what I've read), Heritage sounded like more of a casual wear than HR (which I really enjoy in EDP
    I don't know what you've read, but it's a pretty straightforward classic masculine ideally suited to formal occasions. I would call HR a more 'daring' wear.

I just saw Heritage EDP offered for a price I couldn't refuse. I've recently fallen for Habit Rouge and Shalimar EDPs and Mouchoir de Monsieur.

I've yet to test Heritage in any concentration but based on the reviews and conversations I've seen, the EDP sounds like a sure bet.

Does anyone care to share their experiences with recent formulations of the EDP?
    What do you have to look forward to ?......
    .....la creme de la creme !!!
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

I have the EdT and love it. I've read up a lot on the EdT vs. EdP... and from what I'm getting, it's a similar kind of thing with Dior Homme vs. Dior Homme Intense. They share a common base but have a notable variation from each other. So, I'd venture to say that if you're into DHI over DH, then you'd most likely enjoy Heritage EdP.

Where are you guys seeing the low price for this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@MegaMav - Your comments give me hope actually, haha, since I'm coming to love the Guerlinade and the unisex qualities of their range. Different strokes, and all that.
    Im glad even my poor experience with it, offers some good information.
    Best of luck!
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective

For Sale - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 8/20

FragranceNet. You can get a 20% off coupon by signing up for their mailing list. With that plus their current price offering, the price comes down to just under $54. Add a few samples or another fragrance to get it above $59 and you've got free shipping.

Guerlainista

Don't forget the Ebates 6% back as well. There's also a 21% off coupon you can get on RetailMeNot, for a total of 27% off/back.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Guerlainista

Oh, and as far as the EdP, it's pretty fantastic. Its more a classic masculine (I wouldn't call it unisex at all) than Habit Rouge, which is sweeter and more floral. But it's still solid Guerlain. It's a warm spicy oriental with a big bold opening. It's very dense and well blended - I don't think any particular note stands out. The overall effect is smooth, refined, masculine, and effortlessly elegant. Silage is pretty huge, so keep that in mind. I like the EdP better. It's a bit more tart and animalic - more intense. I'd say the EdP is more suited to wearing for an evening out, while the EdT more suited to day time or work.

if you like HR, MdM, and Shalimar, you're going to like it, and probably love it.

Try Jicky EdP and Derby next. Jicky is a warmer sweeter MdM. Derby is a dry leather chypre and one of the best masculines in existence. It is also a Guerlain masculine you can wear in the heat. I've worn it in 120 degree weather and it was fucking fantastic.

After those, there are Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, and Vol de Nuit...

^ Thanks for your more detailed experience with Heritage EdP. I'm now more intrigued to try it. And I didn't know about eBates--very cool!

Guerlainista

I'm wearing Heritage EdP today! I've neglected it for too long.

I should buy a backup bottle too. I only have the one weird vintage 70ml bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    Oh, and as far as the EdP, it's pretty fantastic. Its more a classic masculine (I wouldn't call it unisex at all) than Habit Rouge, which is sweeter and more floral. But it's still solid Guerlain. It's a warm spicy oriental with a big bold opening. It's very dense and well blended - I don't think any particular note stands out. The overall effect is smooth, refined, masculine, and effortlessly elegant. Silage is pretty huge, so keep that in mind. I like the EdP better. It's a bit more tart and animalic - more intense. I'd say the EdP is more suited to wearing for an evening out, while the EdT more suited to day time or work.

if you like HR, MdM, and Shalimar, you're going to like it, and probably love it.

Try Jicky EdP and Derby next. Jicky is a warmer sweeter MdM. Derby is a dry leather chypre and one of the best masculines in existence. It is also a Guerlain masculine you can wear in the heat. I've worn it in 120 degree weather and it was fucking fantastic.

After those, there are Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, and Vol de Nuit...
    Thanks so much for the comments and recommendations. I'm really excited to receive this one now.

Derby is definitely on my bucket list, but the affordability of the others in the range make them more compelling to me at the moment. I'll go for Jicky EDP next, I think.

Guerlainista

I know. The Derbs is sadly super expensive. One of the ways in which the previous generation messed up the world. ;-)

If they had made it a commercial success it would be part of the regular "classic" lineup today. We'd be buying 100ml bottles of it for $50 on FN.

Yeah it's a shame they went the "super exclusive" route with Derby. Maybe they just weren't confident in how much would sell. Would there be a long line of people who loved the old Derby ready to snatch up a bottle or two once available for sale, and a greater number of newer people joining in? Or would it be more like a cult following, with a spike in initial sales followed by a steep drop-off as people reached their maximum stockpile limits?

Guerlainista

It was a normal line release initially, before Guerlain had any super expensive "niche" line. It just flopped commercially, so they relaunched it as a Parisien exclusive in the 125ml bee bottle.

They did this with a few others. If they don't sell enough, they get pushed to the exclusive line so the people that want them can still buy them, though at a higher price.

Heritage EDP arrived today. What a treat! It's a 2013 batch from what I can tell (3W01) and boy, is it rich. The opening felt surprisingly sharp, and very "big" - and read it as spicy/woody right off the bat.

It's definitely more masculine than the other Guerlain offerings I've tried. It doesn't feel as sweet.

These are preliminary thoughts, but it appears to be another beautiful product in the range. Glad to have purchased this.