Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Cédrat Enivrant by Atelier Cologne

This sounds great, I'd love to hear from those who've sampled it.

Now Smell This wrote a review of it today, where they said:

There's not one thing to dislike about Cédrat Enivrant...but it doesn't thrill or offer anything new in the "citrus cologne" realm. I've yet to find an effervescent citrus perfume to match my beloved Guerlain Eau de Cologne Impériale; though it lasts only five minutes on skin, I'll stick with that for a fresh blast of citrus that is intoxicating. However, I've not written off Cédrat Enivrant entirely; I plan on buying a bar or two of the soap (Atelier Cologne soaps are heavily scented with luxurious lather).
    Full review here.

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Default Re: Cédrat Enivrant by Atelier Cologne

Own a large bottle of this. A great refreshing, cool citrus fragrance. A minty, lemony up front blast. Longevity not spectacular, but didn't expect it to last all day.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

A bit off topic but the soap looks enticing.

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I agree
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I've been 'on the wagon' in February but will check this out soon. Thanks

It's hard to be innovative with citruses imo.

'Now Smell This' review is pretty down

I have this and orange sanguine and in my opinion, these two are close siblings. Orange sanguine is obviously orange-centric, but its spin is a very authentic Orange Juice smell akin to fresh squeezed florida OJ. The sweet, juicy fruit, the bitter aromatic peel, all of it in a well rounded package. To me, Cedrat Envirant is the LIME/LEMON juice variation of orange sanguine. Similar characteristics, similar qualities, similar note structure, only being LIME-centric. I feel they are redundant enough, being from the same house, that you should choose one of the two based on which fruit you prefer and for me that is orange.

Basenotes Institution

Everyone keeps mentioning grapefruit in the reviews (even though the notes don't list it) so I'm happy to hear from someone that it smells more like lime.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Its understandable since the citrus notes are more hesperidic and common to grapefruit rather than sweet citrus... plus people tend to just regurgitate what they read anyways. but there is no mistaking that "twangy" lime being both present and prominent in the composition.

Sniffed it today. A very natural lemon/lime topnote. It's juicy and tart. I smell some mint too. Unfortunately, it veers into lemon cleaner territory after an hour or so, but I still like it.

Sniffed it on strips a couple of times. I'm watching this one until the Spring starts to warm up, then I'm pulling the trigger.

Agree that this is quite close in spirit to Orange Sanguine, although its execution may actually be better. It seems to have a bit more character. Orange Sanguine literally smells like orange juice spilled on your shirt - albeit a really delicious orange juice. Cedrat comes across as more of a proper cologne, with a bit more complexity.

I'm a big fan of this house, and this one is on my short list, although I really need to sample it and give it a proper test wearing first.

Cant wait for spring on this one too. I tried it in Nieman's and really liked it. Liked it enough to buy a good decant. Please come warm weather....

My SOTD today. Absolutely love it.

I, too, am a big fan of this house -- own 3 of their 200ml bottles plus some minis. And I was really, really looking forward to Cedrat Enivrant. Thought it would be a 100% safe blind-buy, since citrus is probably my favorite "genre." However, after sampling this twice on paper and skin, I'm afraid I'm amongst the dissenters. Absolutely killer top and mid notes. But like JiveHippo above, it gets too chemical-ly for me in the drydown. Honestly reminds me of CK Eternity...a frag that I'm no fan of.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

I have been looking for a realistic lime scent for ages now, the kind of smell you get when you sip from a cocktail glass that has a bit of lime peel stuck on the border, like a tequila sunrise or a mai tai (depending on who prepares it). Might this be "it"? I am also hopeful for the new Aqua Allegoria.
    Last edited by LloydLlewellyn; 16th April 2014 at 05:03 PM.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Basenotes Institution

Lloyd - have you smelled Selection Verte by Creed? I love that lime note. Same for Virgin Island Water.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Lloyd - have you smelled Selection Verte by Creed? I love that lime note. Same for Virgin Island Water.
    I like Selection Verte very much, but find it more green than limey, and I LOVE and own VIW, that one has a very nice and natural smelling lime note, but it's more of a combination of lime and coconut, which, while being succulent, is not the lime soliflore I am looking for...

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I have been looking for a realistic lime scent for ages now, the kind of smell you get when you sip from a cocktail glass that has a bit of lime peel stuck on the border, like a tequila sunrise or a mai tai (depending on who prepares it). Might this be "it"? I am also hopeful for the new Aqua Allegoria.
    I wouldn't describe Cedrat Enivrant like that. Actually, the first thing that came to my mind from your description was the old reliable, Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts. Very nice lime in the opening with tequila, salt and guava. Smells good enough to drink. And you can't beat the price. Great if you're looking for a tropical, warm-weather scent.

The main thing I like about the St. Barts is the longevity. Most "limey" colognes have horrible longevity, but St. Barts really isn't too bad. It won't last all day, by any means, but it will get you through a few hours.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, L'Occitane The Vert, Numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...-Vert-*SAMPLES

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Himalaya, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, L'Occitane The Vert, Numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

I was able to get a sample of this, and enjoy it quite a bit/ It's a nice fragrance, and one of my favorites from this house. It's not groundbreaking, but I do like it enough to own a full bottle. It is great for this time of year.

I hear a lot of people talk about it very highly, but I am just not that blown away. I will have to sample it again today though

Saw this one in the for sale thread. Decided to pass after reading some reviews. I was hoping for more cedar given the name, however, it would seem from reading that it's more citrus than anything.

Cedar in French is cčdre. Cédrat refers to the citron fruit.

Four years of French didn't pay off for me! I thought citrus was agrumes (spelling might be off.)

Quote Originally Posted by Maque View Post
    Cedar in French is cčdre. Cédrat refers to the citron fruit.

Basenotes Plus

Cedrat is citron (lemon).
    Agrumes is citrus.
    Maybe

Basenotes Plus

Per Wiki, the citron is a fragrant citrus fruit, botanically classified as Citrus medica by both the Swingle and Tanaka systems.
    The Genus of Citron is Citrus.

Where are OPomone and Marais?

Basenotes Member

I'm a fan of Cedrat Enivrant, moreso than Orange Sanguine. However, not enough to purchase a full bottle of it yet. Definitely enjoy Vetiver Fatal a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    I wouldn't describe Cedrat Enivrant like that. Actually, the first thing that came to my mind from your description was the old reliable, Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts. Very nice lime in the opening with tequila, salt and guava. Smells good enough to drink. And you can't beat the price. Great if you're looking for a tropical, warm-weather scent.

The main thing I like about the St. Barts is the longevity. Most "limey" colognes have horrible longevity, but St. Barts really isn't too bad. It won't last all day, by any means, but it will get you through a few hours.
    Thanks for the tip. I found Set Sail a little synthetic though, and not tangy but rather sweet.

Basenotes Institution

I am finally wearing this today for the 1st time.

I like it, but I can't imagine wanting to own a bottle of this.

The citrus note is very realistic and borders on a note slightly more tart and raspy than lemon and not as sweet as the orange note in Orange Sanguine. What I also notice is something that reminds me of soap...or more specifically shampoo. I can't help but struggle with this association.

I think I'll keep my sample at my office desk and spray some on when I need to zing up my mood. But as far as a full blown fragrance for a full day's wearing I can think of about 10 different citrus scents that I would choose over this one.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    The Atelier Cologne soaps smell absolutely wonderful but my how they enflame my psoriasis.

Basenotes Institution

It started annoying me a tiny bit after about an hour on skin.

I'm going to give it another full wearing before I give up on it. But for now I am a bit disappointed.

-- Eckhart Tolle

I guess I'm just not a fan of Atelier Cologne. I tried Orange Sanguine, didn't like it. I tried Vetiver Fatal, liked it until the plum kicked in. Finally, I tried Cedrat Enivrant, and I really thought the composition was done well. However, it does give off a generic vibe.

I wouldn't buy these fragrances, but if it they were gifted to me, I would wear them, Cedrat Enivrant especially.

Nice and long lasting over more than 8 hours, have a 100 ml bottle.

the realistic ripe and bursting with juice lemony opening is nice and so are the mid and base notes and overall very easy to wear and nice fragrance.

Certainly a better choice for me than generic aquatics and other fleeting citrus frags in summer.

But I will admit somedays the lemony opening can be a bit trying...can't wait for it to get over the top notes and move to the base, I do sometimes wish the opening notes were not so in-your-face