Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Creed Tabarome Millesime thoughts

Hey folks,

Just picked up a bottle, quite unique with an amazing tobacco and leather drydown. What are your thoughts on this one? Do you get good projection and longevity?

Nick

Default Re: Creed Tabarome Millesime thoughts

Love it. Longevity is below average for me. Good projection for 1-2 hours, but I'm never bothered about that - the fragrance is for me.

No leather for me.

To me it smells like a sweet Jasmine type fragrance that has been darkened with tobacco and ginger to make it more masculine type scent. It also has a combination to my nose of sandalwood, patchouli and vetiver , subtly blended with lighter , fresh aroma of Green Tea mandarin and lemon all woven together in a bouquet of sweet/tobacco scent reminisce of the 1950's. Or to put it simply a sweet tobacco scent. Lol

From memory I got about six hours or so with average projection. I like it as it has that old world gentlemen's club vibe going on.

it takes a lot of sprays to have decent sillage, once over the FB has not been replaced!

I dont get any leather, but it's a tremendously underrated Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    it's a tremendously underrated Creed.
    Is this even possible?

As a standalone it's just ok for me. Compared to 'Vintage' it fails miserably

Own this and love it and I personally have no problem with its longevity and its projection.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I get about average longevity and projection. It's a unique fragrance, and I don't really get any leather but the tobacco/ginger combo is quite nice. It's underrated for sure.
    Currently wearing: Coney Island by Bond No. 9

Banned
    Blog Entries

I usually enjoy Creeds but this one is a bit offputting. The opening is a noxious blast of ginger backed by an unimpressive tobacco note. It's dry-down is an all too common tale better told by GIT, Royal Oud and Himalaya.

It's a decade since I bought a bottle of this stuff - I liked it for a few years and then just sort of moved on. One of the more interesting ones from Creed, I thought.

Have it and enjoy it. Maybe I would like it better if the ginger was toned down.
    No issues with longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Is this even possible?

As a standalone it's just ok for me. Compared to 'Vintage' it fails miserably
    Yes.

As a standalone its great for me. I don't compare it against discontinued Creeds going for over
    $2,000, but I do favor it over Aventus, MI, and SMW.

Blog Entries

I agree. I find it soft and subtle. Interesting note- this is fine layered with ​Fleur du Thé Rose Bulgare.
    Last edited by kumquat; 21st February 2014 at 05:07 PM.
    Currently wearing: Azurée by Estée Lauder

I've used up half of a 125ml bottle of this one.
    Never had one positive comment. Not even from my wife.
    Regards,
    Renato

Basenotes Junkie

For once, a Creed I don't get along with. I get too much ginger and wet tobacco reminding me on a chewed on cigar rather than the smokey aromatic tobacco I tend to like. It's just not a tobacco scent to me.

The projection and longevity is great on me as usual with Creeds, but the compliments never manifested and I ended up swapping it for something else in the end. Not a bad fragrance, just not what I wanted. Creeds Royal Oud fills that role.

My favorit Creed fragrance. One that actually could be my signature scent. It's both traditional and modern. It has a very classy gentlemans aura, and works great for both work and formal occasions. It opens with fresh ginger notes, and dries down to a wonderful tobacco aroma. Comparing to (the excellent) Tobacco Vanille, you can easily use Tabarome as a everyday-scent while the heavy Tobacco Vanille is more of a now-and-then scent. 2 sprays of Tabarome Millesime last all day on my skin, and projects very well. So, put on your white iron shirt, a couple sprays of Tabarome Millesime, and you will give a classy radiation to your surroundings.

Dependent

This is great layered with love in black. By itself, it's a very classy scent and a big compliment getter

I own and like this a lot. I don't wear it often, to me seems rather formal.

I love the ginger in this one. Spillage and projection seems quite strong for two hours or so then it becomes closer wearing for a total of about 6-8 hours.
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

100% agree with Oslo-Fjords comments above. Great scent.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

It can be a tough wear. But my then 7 year old son loved it on me. He's 18 now. My Wife thought it was ok. Not one of our faves. It's a little sharp in tone.

Hmm.. I never really considered this one before. I must sniff it next time I'm near the Creed counter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    To me it smells like a sweet Jasmine type fragrance that has been darkened with tobacco and ginger to make it more masculine type scent. It also has a combination to my nose of sandalwood, patchouli and vetiver , subtly blended with lighter , fresh aroma of Green Tea mandarin and lemon all woven together in a bouquet of sweet/tobacco scent reminisce of the 1950's. Or to put it simply a sweet tobacco scent. Lol

From memory I got about six hours or so with average projection. I like it as it has that old world gentlemen's club vibe going on.
    This describes my view of it very nicely!

It's interesting - I believe there is a lot of Iso E Super in it, but it's such a different scent from "the usual suspects", that it sneaks under the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I agree. I find it soft and subtle. Interesting note- this is fine layered with ​Fleur du Thé Rose Bulgare.
    Interesting combination - I can imagine that would be a nice combination. There are many subtle similarities that would make this combination very compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    Hmm.. I never really considered this one before. I must sniff it next time I'm near the Creed counter.
    It rarely gets mentioned as a ladies scent, but even the Creed "celebrity sheet" lists some of their women customers as loving it. When I pay attention to it, I realize that it's a very floral scent. Woody floral, but floral. I think kumquat's layering idea makes a lot of sense, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    It rarely gets mentioned as a ladies scent, but even the Creed "celebrity sheet" lists some of their women customers as loving it. When I pay attention to it, I realize that it's a very floral scent. Woody floral, but floral. I think kumquat's layering idea makes a lot of sense, too.
    I'm kind of digging wearing Men's scents lately even though I didn't used to. I am glad to hear it has female followers. Now I am very interested. Thanks for the comment!

I'm getting dizzy with all the creed threads

need to clear all the synthetics claimed as all natural; sorry for trolling this thread

Quote Originally Posted by SereneGreen View Post
    I usually enjoy Creeds but this one is a bit offputting. The opening is a noxious blast of ginger backed by an unimpressive tobacco note.
    Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    For once, a Creed I don't get along with. I get too much ginger and wet tobacco reminding me on a chewed on cigar rather than the smokey aromatic tobacco I tend to like. It's just not a tobacco scent to me.
    This is about how I feel. There are only about 4 Creed fragrances that I just don't care for. This is one of them. My wife likes it on me, but I find it to be borderline scrubber.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Creed - Original Cologne
    2. Xerjoff - Nio
    3. Creed - Aventus
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    6. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    7. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    8. Dior - Homme Sport 2012
    9. Creed - Virgin Island Water
    10. Kenneth Cole - Black

This is actually my favorite Creed. I don't know why it doesn't get much love here on BN.

To me, it's complex and eventful.

Ginger, tobacco and a very nice leather in the drydown.

I'm a huge fan of the house of Creed, but I didn't really care for this fragrance. Got too much ginger and zero tobacco. I sampled it about a couple years ago, may revisit in the future to see if my opinions change.

Nice juice. Good for work. But one of my weaker Creeds.........I rate it 7/10
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Decent fragrance IMO. Not FBW though.
    Currently wearing: Memoir Man by Amouage

Smelled this last year, and just bought a bottle off of BeautyEncounter tonight, as I remembered liking it a fair bit from the decant I had of it last winter. Hopefully no longevity issues with this one (and that I get something decently recent from B.E. :P)