Code of Conduct

Default Creed Tabarome Millesime thoughts

Hey folks,

Just picked up a bottle, quite unique with an amazing tobacco and leather drydown. What are your thoughts on this one? Do you get good projection and longevity?

Nick

Default Re: Creed Tabarome Millesime thoughts

Love it. Longevity is below average for me. Good projection for 1-2 hours, but I'm never bothered about that - the fragrance is for me.

No leather for me.

To me it smells like a sweet Jasmine type fragrance that has been darkened with tobacco and ginger to make it more masculine type scent. It also has a combination to my nose of sandalwood, patchouli and vetiver , subtly blended with lighter , fresh aroma of Green Tea mandarin and lemon all woven together in a bouquet of sweet/tobacco scent reminisce of the 1950's. Or to put it simply a sweet tobacco scent. Lol

From memory I got about six hours or so with average projection. I like it as it has that old world gentlemen's club vibe going on.

it takes a lot of sprays to have decent sillage, once over the FB has not been replaced!

I dont get any leather, but it's a tremendously underrated Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    it's a tremendously underrated Creed.
    Is this even possible?

As a standalone it's just ok for me. Compared to 'Vintage' it fails miserably

Own this and love it and I personally have no problem with its longevity and its projection.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I get about average longevity and projection. It's a unique fragrance, and I don't really get any leather but the tobacco/ginger combo is quite nice. It's underrated for sure.

I usually enjoy Creeds but this one is a bit offputting. The opening is a noxious blast of ginger backed by an unimpressive tobacco note. It's dry-down is an all too common tale better told by GIT, Royal Oud and Himalaya.

It's a decade since I bought a bottle of this stuff - I liked it for a few years and then just sort of moved on. One of the more interesting ones from Creed, I thought.

Have it and enjoy it. Maybe I would like it better if the ginger was toned down.
    No issues with longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Is this even possible?

As a standalone it's just ok for me. Compared to 'Vintage' it fails miserably
    Yes.

As a standalone its great for me. I don't compare it against discontinued Creeds going for over
    $2,000, but I do favor it over Aventus, MI, and SMW.

Blog Entries

I agree. I find it soft and subtle. Interesting note- this is fine layered with ​Fleur du Thé Rose Bulgare.
    Last edited by kumquat; 21st February 2014 at 05:07 PM.

I've used up half of a 125ml bottle of this one.
    Never had one positive comment. Not even from my wife.
    Regards,
    Renato

Basenotes Junkie

For once, a Creed I don't get along with. I get too much ginger and wet tobacco reminding me on a chewed on cigar rather than the smokey aromatic tobacco I tend to like. It's just not a tobacco scent to me.

The projection and longevity is great on me as usual with Creeds, but the compliments never manifested and I ended up swapping it for something else in the end. Not a bad fragrance, just not what I wanted. Creeds Royal Oud fills that role.

My favorit Creed fragrance. One that actually could be my signature scent. It's both traditional and modern. It has a very classy gentlemans aura, and works great for both work and formal occasions. It opens with fresh ginger notes, and dries down to a wonderful tobacco aroma. Comparing to (the excellent) Tobacco Vanille, you can easily use Tabarome as a everyday-scent while the heavy Tobacco Vanille is more of a now-and-then scent. 2 sprays of Tabarome Millesime last all day on my skin, and projects very well. So, put on your white iron shirt, a couple sprays of Tabarome Millesime, and you will give a classy radiation to your surroundings.

Basenotes Plus

This is great layered with love in black. By itself, it's a very classy scent and a big compliment getter

I own and like this a lot. I don't wear it often, to me seems rather formal.

I love the ginger in this one. Spillage and projection seems quite strong for two hours or so then it becomes closer wearing for a total of about 6-8 hours.

100% agree with Oslo-Fjords comments above. Great scent.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

It can be a tough wear. But my then 7 year old son loved it on me. He's 18 now. My Wife thought it was ok. Not one of our faves. It's a little sharp in tone.

Hmm.. I never really considered this one before. I must sniff it next time I'm near the Creed counter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    To me it smells like a sweet Jasmine type fragrance that has been darkened with tobacco and ginger to make it more masculine type scent. It also has a combination to my nose of sandalwood, patchouli and vetiver , subtly blended with lighter , fresh aroma of Green Tea mandarin and lemon all woven together in a bouquet of sweet/tobacco scent reminisce of the 1950's. Or to put it simply a sweet tobacco scent. Lol

From memory I got about six hours or so with average projection. I like it as it has that old world gentlemen's club vibe going on.
    This describes my view of it very nicely!

It's interesting - I believe there is a lot of Iso E Super in it, but it's such a different scent from "the usual suspects", that it sneaks under the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I agree. I find it soft and subtle. Interesting note- this is fine layered with ​Fleur du Thé Rose Bulgare.
    Interesting combination - I can imagine that would be a nice combination. There are many subtle similarities that would make this combination very compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    Hmm.. I never really considered this one before. I must sniff it next time I'm near the Creed counter.
    It rarely gets mentioned as a ladies scent, but even the Creed "celebrity sheet" lists some of their women customers as loving it. When I pay attention to it, I realize that it's a very floral scent. Woody floral, but floral. I think kumquat's layering idea makes a lot of sense, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    It rarely gets mentioned as a ladies scent, but even the Creed "celebrity sheet" lists some of their women customers as loving it. When I pay attention to it, I realize that it's a very floral scent. Woody floral, but floral. I think kumquat's layering idea makes a lot of sense, too.
    I'm kind of digging wearing Men's scents lately even though I didn't used to. I am glad to hear it has female followers. Now I am very interested. Thanks for the comment!

I'm getting dizzy with all the creed threads

need to clear all the synthetics claimed as all natural; sorry for trolling this thread

Quote Originally Posted by SereneGreen View Post
    I usually enjoy Creeds but this one is a bit offputting. The opening is a noxious blast of ginger backed by an unimpressive tobacco note.
    Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    For once, a Creed I don't get along with. I get too much ginger and wet tobacco reminding me on a chewed on cigar rather than the smokey aromatic tobacco I tend to like. It's just not a tobacco scent to me.
    This is about how I feel. There are only about 4 Creed fragrances that I just don't care for. This is one of them. My wife likes it on me, but I find it to be borderline scrubber.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

This is actually my favorite Creed. I don't know why it doesn't get much love here on BN.

To me, it's complex and eventful.

Ginger, tobacco and a very nice leather in the drydown.

I'm a huge fan of the house of Creed, but I didn't really care for this fragrance. Got too much ginger and zero tobacco. I sampled it about a couple years ago, may revisit in the future to see if my opinions change.

Nice juice. Good for work. But one of my weaker Creeds.........I rate it 7/10
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Decent fragrance IMO. Not FBW though.

Smelled this last year, and just bought a bottle off of BeautyEncounter tonight, as I remembered liking it a fair bit from the decant I had of it last winter. Hopefully no longevity issues with this one (and that I get something decently recent from B.E. :P)

The longevity is pretty good on this from what I remember. It's a ginger bomb which is what I think ruins it for a lot of people. The citrus and tobacco notes are actually really nice if you can survive the ginger.

double post

I need to try it again, but off hand it was strange. It sorta walked that fine line of being between funky and smelling interesting.

Infinitely the same as other "Milesime" offerings. Pales in comparison to the vintage version.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Preston H View Post
    This is great layered with love in black. By itself, it's a very classy scent and a big compliment getter
    GREAT idea!

Love in Black is just way too strong on the violet for me, but lighter violet supporting notes like wood is always great for me. I'll have to try that mixture!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

The intense ginger is a deal-breaker for me. Its the only Millesime i do not like. I wasnt too sad when my almost full bottle got broken.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Rather simple, but still smooth tobacco, overall a balanced fragrance with decent longevity on my skin. As I also fully enjoy tobacco notes, the way this particular fragrance theme is interpreted here becomes the more satisfactory.

Cold.

A clear, almost watery tobacco, with a slight bitter-sweet quality. Lacking in character and personality. I didn't care for it. I'd probably give it 3 out of 5 stars.

Sodden, messy, grating, a cheap woody amber with giant squid tentacles sucking on a homeopathic tobacco.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Sodden, messy, grating, a cheap woody amber with giant squid tentacles sucking on a homeopathic tobacco.
    personally i really like the giant squid tentacle note. to each their own i guess...

I'd thought I'd like to try it, but after hearing about the prominent ginger, I'll pass.