Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Insurrection pure by reyane = Aventus

I just saw a video in YouTube. They are saying insurrection pure is almost identical to Aventus. Has anyone tried this new frag out yet? Please let me know what you think. I will order it soon

Default Re: Insurrection pure by reyane = Aventus

I own both Insurrection Pure and Aventus and while I love Aventus and also like the Reyanne scent, I don't find them as similar as people would make them out to be. That's just me. Insurrection Pure is a very nice scent and very inexpensive.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I ordered this hopefully itll turn out good

Fresco... Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by ruoke1 View Post
    I ordered this hopefully itll turn out good
    Where did you order yours from Ebay or an online retailer? Did you get a good price?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I ordered it from perfumeland for 19$ free shipping

Quote Originally Posted by ruoke1 View Post
    I ordered it from perfumeland for 19$ free shipping
    Got it from the same place - excellent price for the product.

Uh oh!

I doubt it

Creed have taken out a patent on the notes pyramid of Aventus so there will be legal action if it is copied

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I own both Insurrection Pure and Aventus and while I love Aventus and also like the Reyanne scent, I don't find them as similar as people would make them out to be. That's just me. Insurrection Pure is a very nice scent and very inexpensive.
    What notes stand out on the Reyane release to you hednic?

Here comes the hype. I would have pulled the trigger on the Insurrection, but it looks to be sold out everywhere. Glad I didn't go for Fresco, that turned out to be a flop. Who's Ilum Dean anyhow? Reyane is actually an established house that's been around for a grip, and makes pretty decent scents, so I have some faith in them.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 28th February 2014 at 01:59 PM.
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Quote Originally Posted by M.T. View Post
    What notes stand out on the Reyane release to you hednic?
    For me what stand out are the ginger and the incense giving it a spicy and smoky quality.

Picked up a bottle on the 25th when it was still in stock. Haven't received a shipping number yet, but when I receive it I'll put in my two scents.If it smells anything like Aventus and lasts I'll be happy. Still have my bottle of Fresco which I still wear on very hot days when Aventus is too heavy. Hopefully Insurrection is more complex.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Picked up a bottle on the 25th when it was still in stock. Haven't received a shipping number yet, but when I receive it I'll put in my two scents.If it smells anything like Aventus and lasts I'll be happy. Still have my bottle of Fresco which I still wear on very hot days when Aventus is too heavy. Hopefully Insurrection is more complex.
    Looking forward to hearing your opinion on this one, I will keep this page bookmarked.
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    For me what stand out are the ginger and the incense giving it a spicy and smoky quality.
    Thanks

This is what happens when you set the bar, all others aiming at you , So Oliver should feel flattered as long as his bottom line doesn't flatline
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I do hope it's better than Fresco. I would love a slightly less smoky Aventus, but with quality retained (like some of the earlier Aventus batches). Sure, Fresco had some pineapple, but the quality was not there to me. I suppose I could not expect it to be for that price...
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

I also ordered a bottle just to check the hype. Will give my 2 cents when I can.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE Selling Bruckner Aoud 1 with box HERE

Quote Originally Posted by mikesc View Post
    I also ordered a bottle just to check the hype. Will give my 2 cents when I can.
    Where did you order from? I'm debating, but not sure I even want to spend the $20 to find out...

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    I do hope it's better than Fresco. After all, Fresco smelled like nothing more than Lemon scent Pledge furniture cleaner. I would love a slightly less smoky Aventus, but with quality retained (like some of the earlier Aventus batches). Fresco had absolutely no pineapple and the quality was that of the BOD Man series. I suppose I could not expect it to be for that price...
    ^^ fixed

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    ^^ fixed
    LOL interesting update to my quote. It's like what happens when the National Enquirer posts a quote from someone.

I can't say I disagree with the Lemon pledge comment, or the BOD Man series, but I do detect pineapple. I suppose you may detect a different fruit, but it's a fruit nonetheless.

Anyway still waiting to hear impressions of Insurrection. Hoping for the best.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Okay I am too curious. I pulled the trigger. For anyone having trouble finding a bottle that wants one you can get one shipped from jdtradingsite.com for $22, its actually $16.90 pre shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    LOL interesting update to my quote. It's like what happens when the National Enquirer posts a quote from someone.
    Haha.

Anyway, saw that you took a dive and got a bottle.

For $16.90 it's hard to be disappointed. Hope it smells good for ya!

Whats the word?
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

Basenotes Member

sold out at jdtrading too .

Just got this in the mail and I have to say that the packing, bottle, and sprayer are excellent. Honestly, just from the package it looks like a $100 + fragrance. As for the fragrance itself...well....it doesn't smell like Aventus at all to my nose. First off there's absolutely zero pineapple (accord), leather, or smokiness. Basically what I get is a ton of apple on a base of vanilla. This is much closer to an amped up version of Boss Bottled than Aventus. With that being said I think it's well worth the $20 or so dollars and if your a fan of Boss Bottled or fruity fragrances your probably going to enjoy this. This also comes off about as synthetic as Boss Bottled. I haven't tested longevity, but projection is good so far. I'm going to give this a full wearing tomorrow and see if maybe my nose is a bit off.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Just got this in the mail and I have to say that the packing, bottle, and sprayer are excellent. Honestly, just from the package it looks like a $100 + fragrance. As for the fragrance itself...well....it doesn't smell like Aventus at all to my nose. First off there's absolutely zero pineapple (accord), leather, or smokiness. Basically what I get is a ton of apple on a base of vanilla. This is much closer to an amped up version of Boss Bottled than Aventus. With that being said I think it's well worth the $20 or so dollars and if your a fan of Boss Bottled or fruity fragrances your probably going to enjoy this. This also comes off about as synthetic as Boss Bottled. I haven't tested longevity, but projection is good so far. I'm going to give this a full wearing tomorrow and see if maybe my nose is a bit off.
    Thanks for the info silentrich! I'm curious about how the longevity is going to be for you, please update us when you can!

On the one hand, I doubt this would be a replacement for Aventus. On the other hand, I also don't doubt that it could be quite good, and that's all that matters to me.

Please do update when you've given it a full wear!
    I have a 100ml Gucci Pour Homme 2003 that I'll swap for Reflection Man or De Bachmakov. PM me if interested.

If you want pineapple why not one of those terrible Jean Paul gualtier fragrances, think it's called black xs. That was pineapple to the extreme for me. Hated it, but I hate pineapple other than to eat. But real pineapple isn't sickeningly sweet like all these gross perfumes, it's bitter sweet, textured, watery and quenching.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk