Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: Insurrection pure by reyane = Aventus

I was in New York City today and I thought I might as well stop by in the fragrance district to look for Insurrection Pure. I went to Perfume American Wholesale and asked if they had it. Initially they said they didn't and were sold out, but the employees co-worker said that he might have a box due to a cancelled online order. Sure enough, he did and talked to me about how it sold out instantly and was flying off the shelf. After paying 18 dollars for 100ml, fresh in the box, I was pretty happy and excited to try out the hype train.

I made a video if anyone would wanna see, but it consists of poor lighting, me saying um and being poorly descriptive. I even wore Creed Aventus to the city today (what a long lasting scent), so my excitement was even on my skin. The presentation is really nice. The box is great, heavy, really subtle silver letting on the back. This "Reyane" house actually has a pretty cool logo reminiscent to Givenchy. It was made in Paris but there is Arabic lettering on it. Not sure why. No other languages besides English on it, and the Arabic chunk. The bottle is heavy, has a really intriguing multi-color gradient, but with like the box, it was subtle. Surprising that a supposed clone of a powerhouse scent like Aventus is advertising itself as "Pure" and with a very light and clean color/design scheme.

Initially, the first spray was really similar to Aventus. It was sweet, fruity, and somewhat smoky. Though, after a bit, the sweetness felt a little sugary/artificial, and the smokiness was more of a typical pine. The dominating top notes that turn envelop my bedroom into a pineapple and motorcycles love child that Creed gives you . . . not there. Plus, either the nose gets used to it really quickly or it just doesn't project very strongly.

On smelling my wrists, it really wasn't that similar. I really don't see why people are saying it's 95 percent the same thing and most people won't notice. It has a somewhat pine smell that really isn't that rich, and even smells slightly powdery. There's some vanilla in there that is actually quite enjoyable. I'd say the sweetness of it is more floral than fruity. The more I distance it from Aventus, the more I enjoy it. But it's definitely not Aventus. It's not a powerhouse. It doesn't have that unique, rich dominance. Frankly, there are some times I smell this and I think to myself that it smells halfhearted. The projection is not very strong. What it does have though, is a fresh, spring/summer smell. For people that like the juxtaposition that Aventus brings but not the smokyness or the sharp fruityness, you might actually enjoy this more. It's grown on me, and for 18 dollars, it was totally worth it. Even if it smelled like a mix of Axe body spray and my socks, it would be worth the 18 dollars for the presentation . . . and resale potential! I would probably pay around 40-50 dollars for this, but definitely not the Ebay prices. Though I had qualms with it in regards to its comparison, it's actually a cute, fresh scent. It doesn't offend, and I think it will be an everyday fragrance for when it warms up a little more here in New Jersey. It actually has some unisex potential for something more subdued.

Is it worth the hype? For a Creed Aventus killer, no. For a solid fragrance you can buy for under 20 dollars? Yes.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this Mjpaol2.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Aventus is still available, can't quite see why, if someone wants it so badly, they'd buy some knock off that will never smell exactly the same and surely will not feature real royal pineapple and history.

Basenotes Junkie

I really want to try this but it doesn't look like its ever coming to the UK

I like Aventus but don't want any of the smoke/ash. I just want the fresh/fruity top and this sounds the ticket. The drydown on Aventus makes me not want to wear it much, I get a strong smokey Iso E Super smell.
    Last edited by jhericurls; 7th April 2014 at 12:49 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Have you tried Ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    This is great news, because like you I don't enjoy the smokiness that's in Aventus. Unfortunately because of the hype with the video, this stuff is sold out everywhere
    Smokiness is one of the elements that makes Aventus a standout and appealing .
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Basenotes Plus

I found this fragrance at a local seller in Ft Lauderdale, and got a chance to test it. Not much like Aventus to my nose, honestly.
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Aventus is still available, can't quite see why, if someone wants it so badly, they'd buy some knock off that will never smell exactly the same and surely will not feature real royal pineapple and history.
    Agree, plus smokiness adds to its masculinity as many prefer a knockoff that has been emasculated.,..go figure
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Great analysis bro!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this Mjpaol2.
    Yes, great play by play analysis Mjpaol2.

Thanks so much for the review mjpaol2!!!

Glad you guys got something out of the review. After 8 hours it's become a faint skin scent that's like a powdery lavender with a little bit of Vanilla. Bizarrely enough, kind of reminds me of Le Male. Also, I believe as of this post it's in stock at Perfumeland.com if any of you guys are still intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by mjpaol2 View Post
    Glad you guys got something out of the review. After 8 hours it's become a faint skin scent that's like a powdery lavender with a little bit of Vanilla. Bizarrely enough, kind of reminds me of Le Male. Also, I believe as of this post it's in stock at Perfumeland.com if any of you guys are still intrigued.
    Thanks for the heads up, just ordered a bottle!!!

This "smells like Aventus" reminds me of a car advert you can see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omAwEPbHmV0

I guess price is the main answer for Aventus and the car!