Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Insurrection pure by reyane = Aventus

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    The newest installment of the 'Aventus Killers'

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREED-AVENTU...16.m2518.l4276
    This stuff looks like something you'd buy in a dollar store.

Sent from Richard's Ipad
    Last edited by silentrich; 8th March 2014 at 01:35 AM.

Default Re: Insurrection pure by reyane = Aventus

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post

Sent from Richard's Ipad

Yea that name needs work.. haha

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    The newest installment of the 'Aventus Killers'
    Well, at least the name (Unpredictable Adventure) and the box sort of fit Aventus to a T. Especially the name. ;-)

I keep thinking about pulling the proverbial trigger on this, but I read the notes and accords of Aventus and am completely turned off by even the idea. I keep telling myself is a cheap way to see if I might like something so popular, but am reminded by the sweetness and fruity nature of the two that even for just 20 bucks I'd rather invest in something I might actually have a chance at enjoying.

Then that devil on the shoulder chimes in. What if you actually like it? There's an exception to every rule! Don't knock it til you've tried it. Expand your Horizons, try new things, etc, etc etc.

Ugh, so I remain to refrain and continue to think it over. If still available after I've tried all those on my shortlist I probably will, would be remiss not to, but for now, I simply cannot bring myself to do it.

Sent from Richard's Ipad
    Lmao! It totally does!!!

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Well, at least the name (Unpredictable Adventure) and the box sort of fit Aventus to a T. Especially the name. ;-)
    Haha so true

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
    I keep thinking about pulling the proverbial trigger on this, but I read the notes and accords of Aventus and am completely turned off by even the idea. I keep telling myself is a cheap way to see if I might like something so popular, but am reminded by the sweetness and fruity nature of the two that even for just 20 bucks I'd rather invest in something I might actually have a chance at enjoying.

Then that devil on the shoulder chimes in. What if you actually like it? There's an exception to every rule! Don't knock it til you've tried it. Expand your Horizons, try new things, etc, etc etc.

Ugh, so I remain to refrain and continue to think it over. If still available after I've tried all those on my shortlist I probably will, would be remiss not to, but for now, I simply cannot bring myself to do it.
    Save that precious $20.00 and put it toward something you really want! What kind of quality will you get for $20.00? Don't give in! Maybe someone can send you a sniff.

I wore it yesterday and when i awoke i can still smell it slightly. I can smell it pretty good on my shirt nonetheless.

Just saw this by chance today in the wholesale fragrance district in NYC as I was going in and out of shops for $9 net.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I was going in and out of shops for $9 net.
    LOL. Is it worth even that much?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Picasso View Post
    Save that precious $20.00 and put it toward something you really want! What kind of quality will you get for $20.00? Don't give in! Maybe someone can send you a sniff.
    Lol I've found plenty quality for $20. Don't know why others seem to think they can't. Seems to me they haven't tried hard enough. But, as always, and unfortunately, to each their own. No judgements here.

I actually like blind buying a bit. Being not much of a gambler this is really a huge kick for me. It's frustrating and nerve racking and all over 20 smackers!!! Lol guess I'm a tight wad. Hahahahaha

It's just a priority thing, for me fragrances are far down on the list. My other hobbies I've had no trouble dropping 1k or more on something, but with perfume, it's gone in a few months. I just can't see it as anything but a very poor investment with no justification. But again, no judgements, your spending habits have zero effect on me, so I just sit back and watch. ; P

But I appreciate the razzing, I like a good laugh at myself.

Basenotes Plus

Oh, don't get me wrong, there are some hidden gems that go for $20 or so, and I have personally bought a few myself and am quite happy with them - for the price, they are great! What I think is a little different here is that everyone wants to believe there is some magical $20 fragrance that is "just as good" as some expensive fragrance (insert name here) and people expect exactly the same scent as the more expensive fragrance, for a fraction of the cost. If your expectations are to have a cheapie be "just like" the expensive fragrance, your expectations will never be met, your soul will be crashed, and you would have wasted your money - as these cheapies are NEVER going to be as good as what you seek out in the first place. If you simply seek an inexpensive but great fragrance, and don't have preconceived connotations that it must smell like some other expensive fragrance but if it doesn't then it's useless, then you can find some great ones out there. Mr.Blass is incredible, $15 for a 4.2oz bottle. M Generation is around $30 for 3.4oz, also a good one. But people don't seek these out because they are imitations of other, more expensive fragrances, people seek them out because they are far better than their respective prices would suggest. They can stand on their own, head and shoulders above more expensive fragrances. That's I think the difference between inexpensive but good fragrances, vs cheap imitations of expensive fragrances that never measure up to what they aspire to.

If you simply seek an inexpensive but great fragrance, and don't have preconceived connotations that it must smell like some other expensive fragrance but if it doesn't then it's useless, then you can find some great ones out there.
    Exactly. I bought this way before all the hype and never thought it was anything more than a decent scent for the asking price. Had no illusions. Just think it stands on its own meager merits.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Oh, don't get me wrong, there are some hidden gems that go for $20 or so, and I have personally bought a few myself and am quite happy with them - for the price, they are great! What I think is a little different here is that everyone wants to believe there is some magical $20 fragrance that is "just as good" as some expensive fragrance (insert name here) and people expect exactly the same scent as the more expensive fragrance, for a fraction of the cost. If your expectations are to have a cheapie be "just like" the expensive fragrance, your expectations will never be met, your soul will be crashed, and you would have wasted your money - as these cheapies are NEVER going to be as good as what you seek out in the first place. If you simply seek an inexpensive but great fragrance, and don't have preconceived connotations that it must smell like some other expensive fragrance but if it doesn't then it's useless, then you can find some great ones out there. Mr.Blass is incredible, $15 for a 4.2oz bottle. M Generation is around $30 for 3.4oz, also a good one. But people don't seek these out because they are imitations of other, more expensive fragrances, people seek them out because they are far better than their respective prices would suggest. They can stand on their own, head and shoulders above more expensive fragrances. That's I think the difference between inexpensive but good fragrances, vs cheap imitations of expensive fragrances that never measure up to what they aspire to.
    Agree, then disagree, then agree again.

I've tried several of these "high end" fragrances and found a few I absolutely loved, of course, but no more so than the love I found for several "low end" "designers".

Maybe my nose just isn't as fine tuned. If such is the case I hope it never is.

A little place called none of your business

I have the E01 batch of aventus, fresco, and insurrection pure and honestly....wait for it....I like insurrection best. Aventus does out perform it by a bit but i like the really fruity opening of insurrection. Insurrection does perform WAY better than i expected it to. I got a solid 6 hours out of it.

Basenotes Member

I just got my insurrection in this morning. I've been wearing it all day. I do like this scent, but it doesnt knock me head over heels. However, through presentation to bottle to scent, its well worth continuous wearing and a $20 purchase.

But I will be reaching for my "smokey" aventus bottle much more than insurrection. no matter the batch of aventus, I can still pick up the more "natural" smell. Insurrection does start out with a synthetic smell to me. its not overpowering, but i can pick up the $20 synthetics. I think later on, after more wearings of Insurrection, I will try to blend IP with Aventus.

So finally received Pure and gave it a test.

Sprayed it on my arm, paper strips and the girlfriend couldn't tell the difference at first and even after I told her which was which(including the pricing), she said she preferred Pure 0_o"

It may be due to the fruitiness.

To my newb nose, Pure is definitely less smokey/leathery, but has a more fruitier, sweeter and lighter open. Pure's projection was also noticeable weaker from Top to Drydown. On Paper it was much weaker to Aventus at the drydown.

I'm still testing this out, but on spraying, i find my throat gets irritated/sore. Like bad chemicals in the air. I'm not 100% sure it's Pure or something else, but both times testing it, i got the same reaction.

End of the day, due to owning a bottle of Aventus and with Pure's performance/smell/price considered, i would still buy Aventus over Pure.

But for those that have sniffed Aventus and like it, but don't own a bottle/decant due to it's $$$$ factor, this is definitely a good interim scent, but by no means a replacement.
    Last edited by jacewong; 18th March 2014 at 12:50 PM.

Agree, then disagree, then agree again.

I've tried several of these "high end" fragrances and found a few I absolutely loved, of course, but no more so than the love I found for several "low end" "designers".
    Can you cite any specific examples? I can't help noticing your wardrobe is empty and you don't mention any scents by name.

Trying several niche scents doesn't even scratch the surface. That's like saying "I know what the rest of the world is like. I've been to Canada and Australia."

Maybe my nose just isn't as fine tuned. If such is the case I hope it never is.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I can swear there is a male fragrance that smells almost identical to Aventus. As soon as I sniffed Aventus I was like this reminds me of something. I may not be able to differentiate musk from Amber, or even musk from pineapple lol but I have excellent scent memory. All I need to do is think of a perfume and it's like I'm smelling it. I remember smelling it a while back, maybe 10-15 years ago, and it was popular in the Latin culture with the wealthy men. So I think the Aventus clone mystery is an Italian fragrance because Latin men really like Italian fragrances (not all of course, but just a personal observation) I can't put my finger on it but it will come to me eventually, hopefully.

This is pathetic. So people hear "Aventus killer" and start running to see for themselves. On March 21st, someone won Insurrection Pure for $67 plus shipping. And just a few days before, it was $91 plus shipping. You look at the bidders, and the winners are single digit feedback bidders. These are easily swayed desperate bidders, creating more hype than it's due.

I just learned about this fragrance and was going to seek out a bottle to sample it, but not now. PerfumeLand is out of stock with a last price of $24.95. What... is this going to become another Alexander da Costa Nobile Royalty thing? Ridiculous.

At this point, I am curious and want to try myself, but even when I was able to find it on a website, I later got an e-mail saying it was sold out. It's turned into something intriguing into something more frustrating. I think people are able to sell it up so jacked up on ebay because people just NEED to know.

Quote Originally Posted by mjpaol2 View Post
    At this point, I am curious and want to try myself, but even when I was able to find it on a website, I later got an e-mail saying it was sold out. It's turned into something intriguing into something more frustrating. I think people are able to sell it up so jacked up on ebay because people just NEED to know.
    Couldn't have said it better myself! I've just given up on being able to score a bottle of this for anywhere near it's "normal" $20 asking price...instead have moved on and just ordered a bottle of AB Silver Spirit instead!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself! I've just given up on being able to score a bottle of this for anywhere near it's "normal" $20 asking price...instead have moved on and just ordered a bottle of AB Silver Spirit instead!
    Nice, do tell once you've given it a thorough test drive

Nice, do tell once you've given it a thorough test drive
    Yep, will do! Although since it's coming from NY, probably will be a week or two until I get it and can put it though it's paces.

Threads like these really make you appreciate what an absolute powerhouse of a frag Aventus is, all these cheapo copycats trying to immitate the original masterpiece.

For those of you who really appreciate Aventus (and havn't already tried out what i'm about to suggest) i'd highly recommend checking out Mancera's Cedrat Boise which is the only scent that comes close to Aventus in terms of quality and performance both have a smoky fruity vibe sharing similarities but also being distinctly different especially in the dry downs for you to own both.

Quote Originally Posted by LeSamourai View Post
    Threads like these really make you appreciate what an absolute powerhouse of a frag Aventus is, all these cheapo copycats trying to immitate the original masterpiece.

For those of you who really appreciate Aventus (and havn't already tried out what i'm about to suggest) i'd highly recommend checking out Mancera's Cedrat Boise which is the only scent that comes close to Aventus in terms of quality and performance both have a smoky fruity vibe sharing similarities but also being distinctly different especially in the dry downs for you to own both.
    I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by LeSamourai View Post

and Cedrat Boise is almost as expensive as Aventus unfortunately.

and Cedrat Boise is almost as expensive as Aventus unfortunately.
    Not even close, atleast here in the uk. Aventus retail price for the 120ml is still £200 while you can search it out and buy it for £150, the 75ml is £165 while again I think you can pick it up for maybe £130 in comparison to Cedrat Boise where the 60ml is £58 and the 120ml is £100

I've seen Aventus go for around $200 for a 4 oz bottle on most websites and EBay sellers. Retail is out of the question. I've seen most Mancera fragrances go for $150+ here in the US. The 2.5 oz Aventus goes for $150 so really it's so close that unless you prefer it...

Sent from Richard's Ipad

Talking of clones, Bond No.9.com.......shockingly poor effort from a niche house at trying to copy another niche house.

I was in New York City today and I thought I might as well stop by in the fragrance district to look for Insurrection Pure. I went to Perfume American Wholesale and asked if they had it. Initially they said they didn't and were sold out, but the employees co-worker said that he might have a box due to a cancelled online order. Sure enough, he did and talked to me about how it sold out instantly and was flying off the shelf. After paying 18 dollars for 100ml, fresh in the box, I was pretty happy and excited to try out the hype train.

I made a video if anyone would wanna see, but it consists of poor lighting, me saying um and being poorly descriptive. I even wore Creed Aventus to the city today (what a long lasting scent), so my excitement was even on my skin. The presentation is really nice. The box is great, heavy, really subtle silver letting on the back. This "Reyane" house actually has a pretty cool logo reminiscent to Givenchy. It was made in Paris but there is Arabic lettering on it. Not sure why. No other languages besides English on it, and the Arabic chunk. The bottle is heavy, has a really intriguing multi-color gradient, but with like the box, it was subtle. Surprising that a supposed clone of a powerhouse scent like Aventus is advertising itself as "Pure" and with a very light and clean color/design scheme.

Initially, the first spray was really similar to Aventus. It was sweet, fruity, and somewhat smoky. Though, after a bit, the sweetness felt a little sugary/artificial, and the smokiness was more of a typical pine. The dominating top notes that turn envelop my bedroom into a pineapple and motorcycles love child that Creed gives you . . . not there. Plus, either the nose gets used to it really quickly or it just doesn't project very strongly.

On smelling my wrists, it really wasn't that similar. I really don't see why people are saying it's 95 percent the same thing and most people won't notice. It has a somewhat pine smell that really isn't that rich, and even smells slightly powdery. There's some vanilla in there that is actually quite enjoyable. I'd say the sweetness of it is more floral than fruity. The more I distance it from Aventus, the more I enjoy it. But it's definitely not Aventus. It's not a powerhouse. It doesn't have that unique, rich dominance. Frankly, there are some times I smell this and I think to myself that it smells halfhearted. The projection is not very strong. What it does have though, is a fresh, spring/summer smell. For people that like the juxtaposition that Aventus brings but not the smokyness or the sharp fruityness, you might actually enjoy this more. It's grown on me, and for 18 dollars, it was totally worth it. Even if it smelled like a mix of Axe body spray and my socks, it would be worth the 18 dollars for the presentation . . . and resale potential! I would probably pay around 40-50 dollars for this, but definitely not the Ebay prices. Though I had qualms with it in regards to its comparison, it's actually a cute, fresh scent. It doesn't offend, and I think it will be an everyday fragrance for when it warms up a little more here in New Jersey. It actually has some unisex potential for something more subdued.

Is it worth the hype? For a Creed Aventus killer, no. For a solid fragrance you can buy for under 20 dollars? Yes.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this Mjpaol2.

Aventus is still available, can't quite see why, if someone wants it so badly, they'd buy some knock off that will never smell exactly the same and surely will not feature real royal pineapple and history.

I really want to try this but it doesn't look like its ever coming to the UK

I like Aventus but don't want any of the smoke/ash. I just want the fresh/fruity top and this sounds the ticket. The drydown on Aventus makes me not want to wear it much, I get a strong smokey Iso E Super smell.
    Last edited by jhericurls; 7th April 2014 at 12:49 PM.
    What coach Rob says determines what I spray

Have you tried Ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    This is great news, because like you I don't enjoy the smokiness that's in Aventus. Unfortunately because of the hype with the video, this stuff is sold out everywhere
    Smokiness is one of the elements that makes Aventus a standout and appealing .
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Basenotes Plus

I found this fragrance at a local seller in Ft Lauderdale, and got a chance to test it. Not much like Aventus to my nose, honestly.
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Aventus is still available, can't quite see why, if someone wants it so badly, they'd buy some knock off that will never smell exactly the same and surely will not feature real royal pineapple and history.
    Agree, plus smokiness adds to its masculinity as many prefer a knockoff that has been emasculated.,..go figure
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Great analysis bro!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this Mjpaol2.
    Yes, great play by play analysis Mjpaol2.

Thanks so much for the review mjpaol2!!!

Glad you guys got something out of the review. After 8 hours it's become a faint skin scent that's like a powdery lavender with a little bit of Vanilla. Bizarrely enough, kind of reminds me of Le Male. Also, I believe as of this post it's in stock at Perfumeland.com if any of you guys are still intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by mjpaol2 View Post
    Glad you guys got something out of the review. After 8 hours it's become a faint skin scent that's like a powdery lavender with a little bit of Vanilla. Bizarrely enough, kind of reminds me of Le Male. Also, I believe as of this post it's in stock at Perfumeland.com if any of you guys are still intrigued.
    Thanks for the heads up, just ordered a bottle!!!

This "smells like Aventus" reminds me of a car advert you can see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omAwEPbHmV0

I guess price is the main answer for Aventus and the car!