Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can women really distinguish expensive cologne?

Various conversation topics can be used as ice breakers. If it happens to be cologne, happy times. But to search the internet for the perfect ice breaker cologne is in my opinion, with all due respect, utterly ridiculous. That is such a far-fetched solution to converse with women that I think the energy should be spent elsewhere.

And no, I don't think these types of inquiries should be censored. I'm just hoping that the "panty dropper cologne"-idea just dies a natural and peaceful death.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PWJ View Post
    Various conversation topics can be used as ice breakers. If it happens to be cologne, happy times. But to search the internet for the perfect ice breaker cologne is in my opinion, with all due respect, utterly ridiculous. That is such a far-fetched solution to converse with women that I think the energy should be spent elsewhere.

And no, I don't think these types of inquiries should be censored. I'm just hoping that the "panty dropper cologne"-idea just dies a natural and peaceful death.
    That would be nice. As someone who never looks at that thread on "what women like" I've found this to be quite an eye-opener. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be buying 1 or maximum 2 colognes this year, so obviously I want to get the best possible cologne I can get for my money. Now how do you measure what's "best"? For me it's how other women perceive the scent, the more women enjoy cologne, the better. Obviously I will take my own taste for particular cologne into consideration as well.

If you don't like the way I am choosing my cologne, then I cannot help you

What you find "ridiculous" others may find interesting and topic worthy. You say that you are against censorship, but yet seem to have a bit of an elitest "I know what's best" attitude when it comes to topics being discussed, or approaches and/or tactics one uses.

If you go back and re-read the OP (and actually, throughout the entire thread)...nowhere has the term "panty dropper" been used. Until YOU just used it.

The OP asked if women can differentiate between expensive versus inexpensive fragrances. For all we know, he's doing a research paper and looking for some links to studies that have been done.

My guess is it was a polite way to ask if buying more expensive cologne seems to have more of an effect on women liking the scent. And if that IS the purpose, then so be it. Ultimately, the goal may be for the OP to hope to be able to use a fragrance as a way to lure a hottie in to bed...and if that's the case, then so be it. Unless you're opposed to men attracting women, by whatever means and methods (???)

Post Thanks / Like

With my girlfriend, no. She thinks everything smells like wood lol.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW Americana Rust (tobacco and wood...no cherry or vanilla filler.) / NEW Engin (aldehydes/amber/wood/smoke.) / NEW NorOud (Oud and Hops - a Northerly bright fragrance.)

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy everyones commentary on this topic... Whether a woman can tell if a cologne is expensive?? Hmmmm; Interesting....

Okay lets get real, I wear pretty expensive colognes, and I still have 3 which are really super cheap.

With that being said, anytime I'm wearing the cheap stuff women hang around me more and strike-up more conversation versus when Im wearing the really good pricey stuff....

Go figure; I dont know, Im clueless. However anytime Im wearing Ralph Lauren Polo Blue... Hot damn, I get more attention than needed from women at work, and they love standing around to chat about the most random stuff one could only imagine.

Anytime Im wearing Creed, Hermessence, or Tom Ford Private Collection... The most I might hear is, "Hey, that fragrance smells nice."
    Last edited by FreshSmell; 23rd February 2014 at 10:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

[I'm just hoping that the "panty dropper cologne"-idea just dies a natural and peaceful death.[/QUOTE]

Panties RULE lol (*_*)

Post Thanks / Like

Panties RULE lol (*_*)

Quote Originally Posted by estranged View Post
    If you don't like the way I am choosing my cologne, then I cannot help you
    The problem is, you don't know what you're looking for other than it being something women like. If that's all you want, just buy Acqua Di Gio and be done with it. There is no universal cologne that all women like. Looking for one is dumb. Even if such a thing existed, it wouldn't do anything for you since it wouldn't be a reflection of your personality. It'd be Acqua Di No Personality. Acqua Di Just Like Anybody Else. Acqua Di She Can Do Better.

Here's a fact you probably don't know: roughly 50% of all men's fragrances are purchased by women. Want to know what women like? Go to sites that sell the stuff and sort the list by top sellers or highest rated. Those are what women like. Want proof? Read the reviews on the store website. Note how often reviews of men's scents are written by women.

Now that you know what women like so much they're willing to buy it.... problem solved. You're welcome.
    Anybody want to get rid of H.O.T. Always? Andy Warhol? I've got vintage M7 & others in my swap list here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The OP, ​has lost track of who is helping whom. This is pointless.