Code of Conduct

Default Only by looking at the Scent of the Day page...

... do you get a sense of just what a damn good smelling bunch we are.

Although, there are certain BNers that, how can I say this, seem to be taking layering to new extremes! Putting on a couple at once is fine, but 30 at the same time? Good lord man, you must reek​...

Default Re: Only by looking at the Scent of the Day page...

I never cease to be amazed by what good taste Basenoters have in their choice of what they wear on a daily basis.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

When I discovered the Scent of the Day page, I had a brief daydream of an island full of all the Basenoters, and how lovely it would smell. The country of Basenotopia!

I get most of my sampling/purchasing ideas from SotD. It's been a sure thing, even if a scent isn't totally me I can totally appreciate it as it's own construct and why it's enjoyable to others. A way better resource than ye olde department store!

Also: Peppermoon I lol'd at Basenotopia. If the Zombie apocalypse happens we all need a meet & establish plan

Many days I wear two fragrances; one during day, one at night after dinner. I often log them on Scent of the Day at the same time, but I rarely wear more than one at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by peppermoon View Post
    When I discovered the Scent of the Day page, I had a brief daydream of an island full of all the Basenoters, and how lovely it would smell. The country of Basenotopia!

for swap/sale:

SOTD is both an inspiration and an education for me. If a scent name seems interesting, or if an interesting member is wearing something unfamiliar, I will click on the fragrance and read all about it. It's another way, in addition to forum topics, that I have expanded my knowledge.

Regarding extreme multiple posts, especially of the same fragrance, I do not find that helpful. It might be someone manipulating the popularity stats.