Code of Conduct

Default Buying fragrances online

I've heard stories when buying fragrances online, where many times the fragrances are fake for the too good too be true price and being ripped off.

I never bought a scent online before and I want to avoid being ripped off, but I want to buy Pure Malt from Fragrancenet.com. Has anyone ever bought from there? Is it legitimate?

How likely is Pure Malt faked?

Default Re: Buying fragrances online

Sigh...basenotes has a search tool.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Yes, fragrancenet is legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Sigh...basenotes has a search tool.
    alas only if it was encompassing the whole screen

Quote Originally Posted by EddieG View Post
    I've heard stories when buying fragrances online, where many times the fragrances are fake for the too good too be true price and being ripped off.

I never bought a scent online before and I want to avoid being ripped off, but I want to buy Pure Malt from Fragrancenet.com. Has anyone ever bought from there? Is it legitimate?

How likely is Pure Malt faked?
    Welcome to Basenotes, and, yes, Fragrancenet is a good company - I've purchased a lot from them - especially recently.

Fragnet is legit, no worries there. People who get stumped with fakes are usually those who buy off Ebay. I know Pure Malt is a very popular fragrance, but to be honest, I don't think it's faked very often, if at all. However, this doesn't mean much, because you wanna buy one you can get a good deal on that has been well kept by a reputable seller, such as fragnet, amazon (as long as you buy direct from amazon -- because they get it direct from the manufacturer) scentedmonkey, the perfume spot, etc.

If you find a bottle for a great price, there's a higher chance it could be a tester, it could be unboxed, it could have just stored very poorly (which will effect the smell), or may have damage to the box, could be old stock. To be ensured you'll get the best, simply follow the above, and you'll be good.

Also, don't order from ljshopping.net, whatever you do. It's not worth the frustration. They probably have the lowest prices anywhere, but almost every time I have ordered from them, they have sent me a bad bottle. Just save yourself the stress, and avoid them all together, these guys need to be shut down for the crap they sell.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Buying fragrance online can be scary if you've not done it before. Just make sure the site you want to buy from is legit, and Fragrancenet is.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Fragrancenet is legit. Purchased many fragrances from them.

Blog Entries

I've never had any problems with FragranceNet and Amazon (as long as it is sold directly, as previously mentioned). TIP: Open an ebates account for some money back on top of FragranceNet coupon.

fragrancenet is legit. I have an order coming from them in a day or two. Just make sure you google up one of their coupon codes for an added discount.
    Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Himalaya
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Royal Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Tom Ford Italian Cypress
    Bleu de Chanel
    Serge Lutens Chergui
    Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    I've never had any problems with FragranceNet and Amazon (as long as it is sold directly, as previously mentioned). TIP: Open an ebates account for some money back on top of FragranceNet coupon.

This.
    Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Himalaya
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Royal Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Tom Ford Italian Cypress
    Bleu de Chanel
    Serge Lutens Chergui
    Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

There are a lot of really good ones. FragranceNet is among the best. But painfully slow shipping...
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. Puredistance - Black

5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    7. Brückner - Aoud 1
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Yes, when first dipping the toes on uncharted waters feels scary,hesitant as no one , wants to be had for a fool . As you become more knowledgeable and wise on this Shark infested waters you will look back in reflect on novice days....totally understand your Tentative demeanor...I stuck my trigger fingers with straight to manufacturer sites for a while and one day BAM! When for it and obtained some frags from fragancenet and return others that I was suspicious and got my money back but it was all in my head as this site aforementioned is one of the better ones out there and IMHO ARE LEGIT : I occasionally get something here and there but haven't for a while because the scents I'm into at the moment , they don't carry so I'm back to dealing with perfume houses directly...but go for it and if you're not happy tell them why and they will gladly take it back and no restocking or hidden fees : as my experience with their customer service has been a joyous one but I can't vouch for everyone , when it comes to CS....Cheerios
    Last edited by magnus611; 24th February 2014 at 06:07 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Beauty Encounter, "ships and sold by Amazon.com," FragranceX are all legitimate and those are the places I most recommend. Fragrancenet has been a mixed bag for me since some of their stock was either old, opened or the juice has gone off.

I've had good results with Fragrancenet and they are legit. I have used Fragrancex as well and they
    have great service. Their shipping is much faster than Fragrancenet to me. Both are legit though.