Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 24 February, 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Anyone hear from Twolf yet at all?
    I wrote to her last week, but I haven't heard back from her.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    ...I'm on a jasmine "kick" of late, so I'm exploring more & more jasmine scents. I especially LOVE grandifloral jasmine. Since jasmine is on the IFRA chopping block, or so I've read, I want to really explore the note.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    RHM jasmine is one of my favourite notes. ScentFan did a huge jasmine sniff rest a little while, I think one of the great finds was Demeter Jasmine. My favourites that get a lot of play are Nuda by Nasomatto, Intelligent Nutrients Jasmine Absolute and Magnetic Scent Untitled #1 (freakin' gorgeous). Montale Jasmine Full was also a big hit. I could go on but it's so well covered in the thread my comments would be a bit redundant.
    Victoria, from Bois de Jasmin blog, wrote a very lengthy post today on jasmine. You can read it here: http://boisdejasmin.com/2014/02/best...tml#more-19272

She name checks her 'favorite' which also happens to be mine: A La Nuit by Serge Lutens.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Vintage Shalimar

Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Mocha - I'm so sorry to hear that your shingles got worse.
    Xscent - I saw when you bought that bottle of Sartorial I thought to myself 'I'd love to smell that on a woman'. I think it smells like vintage Brut with more radiance. I need a decant of that, one of these days.
    ExtremeK - have a good trip!
    Larimar - you painted a wonderful picture of your day & setting (irregardles of the upside down photo lol). Wish I was there to join you
    ErinK - BIG congratulations on your free agent status. It must feel great.
    Mike I have happy scent memories with Brut, my uncle wore it and he was a dapper as they come, dressed like he was one of the Rat Pack. Sartorial is absolutely reminiscent of vintage Brut with refined edge, Bertrand Duchaufour did a brilliant job creating a classic fougere and damn if I didnít enjoy the lovely wafts of it all yesterday. How bout we make your one day today? Unless smelling on a women is the deal breaker in which case I could be persuaded to hop a plane to Miami. PM me details and let me send you out some.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Victoria, from Bois de Jasmin blog, wrote a very lengthy post today on jasmine. You can read it here: http://boisdejasmin.com/2014/02/best...tml#more-19272

She name checks her 'favorite' which also happens to be mine: A La Nuit by Serge Lutens.
    Mine, too. The first Serge Lutens I ever loved. And it's the fragrance that Tania Sanchez calls "death by jasmine," which cracks me up, since (i) it's funny, and (ii) it's true. If you like jasmine, though, that's not a bad way to go.

Me, three, Mike and Mocha -- I adore A La Nuit. I just bought a back-up bottle but as I'm about halfway through the first one, I don't think one back-up will be enough. I would be heartbroken if this one were lost to the IFRA Idiotic Overlords.

Mike, I couldn't agree more about SF. I has a romance and bonhomie that no other US city has. I think it's our "continental" gem

Kiliwia, we should just sample all of the Mazzolaris together. PM me if you're interested. I'm especially interested in Lui (I'll bet my eye teeth Xscent would live that one) and Fleur d'Oranger.

ErinK, I haven't tried Timbuktu, but I have sampled Dzongkha. And it took me three years to start getting it. I quite enjoyed it during my spa sampling.

And now, as I've been up for almost 19 hours, I'm falling into bed.