Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Interlude Man - Magnetic cap ?

Maybe I'm late to party, but my 5 other Amouage all have standard heavy caps.
    My new Interlude man came with a magnetic cap, like the same design as BLEU de Chanel, but more expensive looking and feeling.

Anyone heard about that ?
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Default Re: Amouage Interlude Man - Magnetic cap ?

News to me; Amouage bottles were already solid, mag., caps will be even better...

Is the Interlude nice & strong or has it been subject to the watering down as well?

Is yours a 100ml bottle, and is the magnetic strength light? I'm pretty sure mine has a magnetic cap, but it's easy to not even notice that its magnetic since the cap fits with precision, but if you pay attention, there's a bit of an extra pull at one point that suggests its magnetic. As for the scent... it's strong as hell!!! They could have cut the strength in half and it would still wear stronger than most scents. I get 24+ hours of longevity from 2 sprays. Holy cow, never more than 2 sprays! And that's 2 sprays from a very weak sprayer. Oh, thank god the sprayer is so weak!

I love the stuff. Interlude is easily in my top 5. It might be my all time favorite.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Maybe I'm late to party, but my 5 other Amouage all have standard heavy caps.
    My new Interlude man came with a magnetic cap, like the same design as BLEU de Chanel, but more expensive looking and feeling.
    Is the cap still heavy and shaped the same as other Amouage caps?

Basenotes Junkie

My other 100 ml and 50 ml Amouage fragrances have normal caps, but my newly aquired Fate Man 100 ml (bought straight from the Amouage brand store on Dhoa airport) has the magnetic cap. Interestingly enough, others with the 50 ml Fate Man reports not getting the magnetic cap.
    Knowing all this, it seems that you might get the magnetic cap for ponying up the cash for the 100 ml bottle of the newest releases contra the 50 ml or older bottles. Alternatively, it's just a part of the marketing and a nice upgrade of the decent but slightly flimsy caps that are currently in circulation.

Also - congratulations on a new heavy-hitting fragrance. My Fate Man is also nuclear in strength. It's pretty insane, actually - and I just love it. Longevity is king to me. Go team Amouage!

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    Also - congratulations on a new heavy-hitting fragrance. My Fate Man is also nuclear in strength. It's pretty insane, actually - and I just love it. Longevity is king to me. Go team Amouage!
    Nice! I've been loving Fate Man this Fall/Winter. Definitely a great purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    News to me; Amouage bottles were already solid, mag., caps will be even better...

Is the Interlude nice & strong or has it been subject to the watering down as well?

Actually I only just opened it today. It's for my birthday this Thursday - my GF's gifted me this and I bought a couple of other bottles along with Interlude in the escentual.com 25% off late winter sale they had last week (ended now)

I bought Serge Lutens Arabie (Crazy curry, tobacco & amber spicebomb - this is what V&R Spicebomb really shopuld smell like LOL), Amouage Memoir Man 100 ml, Valentino Uomo 100 ml, Olfactory Still life 50 ml, Jovoy Private Label 100 ml (awesome juice, very underrated), Dior Homme 150 ml (the big bottle - also have the 150 ml version of DHI en route to me, love the big bottles of two scents that could be my signature frags, but I already own 350 frags, of which 50 or so frags could be my signature scents)
    Got 25% off on it all. Then my GF added Amouage Interlude Man in 100. I only owned a 10 ml decant of this.

FYI To be honest I never felt like Interlude was that sillage monster so many talks about - both this and my 10 ml decant from last year, both smell very niche like. I get a semi sweet spice note in the beginning (think it's fresh oregano thay try to emulate), then the incense and barnfire ash vibe starts to appear. Then I get a little bit of a mild fougere vibe, a well hidden fougere vibe that stays on for the entire life of the fragrance.
    I get 10-14 hours longevity, then its a skin scent for another 4-6 hours.
    I feel both my decant and the new bottle seems more watered down as compared to the crazy stories I hear about 24+ hours longevity.
    Interlude Man is not a scent that many would dare to make in a fake version, it's simply too special for copycats to start making fakes of this juice. This fragrance is for niche heads, and not even most Creed fans will enjoy Interlude Man (I'm a bit of a Creed fan, and I do enjoy Interlude man, but it will certainly pull a good deal of people away in disgust over the ashy incesy vibe this fragrance has.)

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Is yours a 100ml bottle, and is the magnetic strength light? I'm pretty sure mine has a magnetic cap, but it's easy to not even notice that its magnetic since the cap fits with precision, but if you pay attention, there's a bit of an extra pull at one point that suggests its magnetic. As for the scent... it's strong as hell!!! They could have cut the strength in half and it would still wear stronger than most scents. I get 24+ hours of longevity from 2 sprays. Holy cow, never more than 2 sprays! And that's 2 sprays from a very weak sprayer. Oh, thank god the sprayer is so weak!

I love the stuff. Interlude is easily in my top 5. It might be my all time favorite.

It's a 100 ml bottle yes, Sir.

The magnetic cap is not quite as strong as my two Bleu de Chanels - but is quite strong - i just need to place it close to the bottle and it will be drawn on to the bottle by the magnetic field. The base where the caps sits, reminds me of a thinner Belu de Chanel cap base - and it says Interlude there on the base where the cap rests on the bottle, not sure it says Interlude on the cap itself (can't remember, I'm at work right now) like it says on my 5 other 100 ml Amouage frags, which all are NON magnetic.

The bottle looks prestine and fantastic and the added magnetic cap makes the fragrance that more exclusive and outstanding to look at.
    It also has Interlude in gold writing on both sides of the bottle. Not something I have on my 5 other 100ml Amouage bottles.

It makes my Bleu de Chanel bottle look like almost crap appearance wise.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Is the cap still heavy and shaped the same as other Amouage caps?

Yes, the cap is heavy, but not as heavy as my other 5 100 ml Amouage bottles. It's 25% or so lighter, which still makes it feel pretty heavy, as the regular Amouage cap is so heaqvy it can be used as a weapon to be honest.
    I have had minor problems fitting the Amouage caps precisely to the bottle, only minor fitting problems, but this addition of a magnetic cap solves this problem completely. Koudos to Amouage - thhis Interlude man arguably is the finest looking and fitted quality perfume bottle I have in my collection. The juice is not in my personal Top 50, maybe in my Top 100 - but it's very nice. Definitely high quality niche juice. Not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    My other 100 ml and 50 ml Amouage fragrances have normal caps, but my newly aquired Fate Man 100 ml (bought straight from the Amouage brand store on Dhoa airport) has the magnetic cap. Interestingly enough, others with the 50 ml Fate Man reports not getting the magnetic cap.
    Knowing all this, it seems that you might get the magnetic cap for ponying up the cash for the 100 ml bottle of the newest releases contra the 50 ml or older bottles. Alternatively, it's just a part of the marketing and a nice upgrade of the decent but slightly flimsy caps that are currently in circulation.

Thanks. Will consider getting Fate Man next time escentual.com have their 25% off sale (some time in june or july 2014)
    Last edited by CHSeifert; 24th February 2014 at 11:51 PM.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    FYI To be honest I never felt like Interlude was that sillage monster so many talks about

I feel both my decant and the new bottle seems more watered down as compared to the crazy stories I hear about 24+ hours longevity.
    I bought Interlude Man a few months ago, and I'm getting 24+ hours from it. I get strong projection, but I don't think it's a sillage monster. Royal Oud performs the opposite - less projection, but more sillage. Funny how that works out.

I wasnt aware of them doing any magnetic caps. Pictures?

Can anyone confirm that the juice in the new bottles has the same quality like the old ones?

Basenotes Plus

All of the new production bottles have been switched to magnetic caps

Quote Originally Posted by KBF1972 View Post
    All of the new production bottles have been switched to magnetic caps

But is the juice the same as before? I'm asking because Epic Man has been reformulated and it has the new cap.

Basenotes Plus

I'm actually not sure if it's the same or not. I only have bottles with the original cap. I imagine some of them very well could have been reformulated though.