Code of Conduct

Default The best products to thin hair!!!

Hi all,

I want your help in choosing a haircare products to thin hair. I tried so many shampoos and conditioners but no change at my hair.
    I lost so much of it since giving birth to my daughter, since then I don't know how to make thick as it was.
    Any tips from you guys???

Default Re: The best products to thin hair!!!

A good diet & time will probably sort it out - is it long since your daughter was born?
    Using gentle products on it until it grows back might be sensible.

This happens to women after they give birth, your hormones are the cause. Sorry but not shampoo with help.

lpp has given great advice.
    DONNA

Apply a lot of coconut oil to your hair overnight at least 4 days a week.

for swap/sale:

Hair can be affected by things such as diet, medication, stress, pregnancy and anything involving hormones. This seems to affect women especially, being they go through more hormonal changes than men. In my experience, there is no "miracle product" that will make a huge change excluding extensions. I have found that biotin can make a noticeable difference if you are deficient. Biotin can be bought at most health food stores and is rather inexpensive. If it doesn't help with your hair then at least your nails and skin will be nice. Kerastase makes some interesting product treatments for thinning hair which I have used on my clients as well as my self. I noticed a small difference but it didn't warrant the cost of the product. I have been told that we can now grow hair on skin so I believe that this will be available to us in the near future, hopefully. Another procedure that I have been researching is a process called scalp micro pigmentation. This is a procedure where hair is tattooed on the head to fill in sparse areas and to modify hairlines. Hair can look even thinner if your hair is dark and your scalp skin is light. When you see your scalp it looks even thinner. Scalp micro pigmentation will darken your scalp resulting in a fuller appearance. I don't know how dark your hair is but going a little lighter in color may also help it look fuller. Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    A good diet & time will probably sort it out - is it long since your daughter was born?
    Using gentle products on it until it grows back might be sensible.
    I gave birth 5 years ago now, and I can say that my diet is good, but it keeps getting thin and light. I really don't know what is wrong with it. Thanks dear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    This happens to women after they give birth, your hormones are the cause. Sorry but not shampoo with help.

lpp has given great advice.
    Thank you donna. Don't you think that shampoos, conditioners, treatments, and natural oil could be good solution?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Apply a lot of coconut oil to your hair overnight at least 4 days a week.
    you know I had it already after an advice from a friend but my husband didn't like its smelling and the bottle still since then as it is.
    Thanks for reply dear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jarrodrocks View Post
    Hair can be affected by things such as diet, medication, stress, pregnancy and anything involving hormones. This seems to affect women especially, being they go through more hormonal changes than men. In my experience, there is no "miracle product" that will make a huge change excluding extensions. I have found that biotin can make a noticeable difference if you are deficient. Biotin can be bought at most health food stores and is rather inexpensive. If it doesn't help with your hair then at least your nails and skin will be nice. Kerastase makes some interesting product treatments for thinning hair which I have used on my clients as well as my self. I noticed a small difference but it didn't warrant the cost of the product. I have been told that we can now grow hair on skin so I believe that this will be available to us in the near future, hopefully. Another procedure that I have been researching is a process called scalp micro pigmentation. This is a procedure where hair is tattooed on the head to fill in sparse areas and to modify hairlines. Hair can look even thinner if your hair is dark and your scalp skin is light. When you see your scalp it looks even thinner. Scalp micro pigmentation will darken your scalp resulting in a fuller appearance. I don't know how dark your hair is but going a little lighter in color may also help it look fuller. Good luck to you.
    Thank you so much for this tips. I think I could go for biotin and give it a try, but do you think that it could affect my weight too?
    Yes, actually I had fair scalp and deep brown hair with some highlights reaching its ends now so it is obvious especially at the front, but I don't want to just cover the problem with scalp pigmentation, I need real solution even it could take some time to show results. Thanks again dear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icy_Lips View Post
    I recommend System 2 Cleanser For Fine Hair, Noticeably Thinning Hair by Nioxin. A great product in my view. I have been using and had great results in short time. Maybe it works with your hair too. Good luck!
    Thank you Icy lips. Where can I find this product, I didn't hear about it before. And can you give me a hint about what it did to your hair exactly?

Hi,

Losing hair can be heart wrenching at times! It could be due to hormonal changes, nutritional deficiencies and even stress. After pregnancy, women undergo a lot of changes, a possible reason for your hair fall.

I tried several methods to curb hair fall and these two methods work like a charm:

I take a shower at least twice a week and I don't use hot water for washing off my hair. It is lukewarm or preferably cold.

At least an hour before hair shower, I give my scalp a nourishing massage with Olive Oil, Castor Oil, Sweet Almond oil and Neem Oil .. I do add Coconut Oil if needed. These oils are in equal quantities, though I skip castor oil if I have a cold. Along with these, I add a drop or two of Tea Tree Essential Oil and sometimes, Lavender Essential Oil and massage well.

I use a herbal shampoo that's mild for washing off my hair.

I towel dry and then, apply oil at night / next morning before I start sweating! This means the scalp is ready to absorb and dirt free when you apply oil. I used Sweet Almond Oil and Apricot Oil before, though switched to Argan Hair Oil for better hair growth and softer feel. I can't say how my hair is now growing out well and returning to my old thickness.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Glad that you're happy with your Argan oil, ChristinaRose - there seem to be quite a lot of people promoting it at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Koky View Post
    Hi all,

I want your help in choosing a haircare products to thin hair. I tried so many shampoos and conditioners but no change at my hair.
    I lost so much of it since giving birth to my daughter, since then I don't know how to make thick as it was.
    Any tips from you guys???
    Have you been to your doctor and had your thyroid gland analyzed?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaRose View Post
    Hi,

Losing hair can be heart wrenching at times! It could be due to hormonal changes, nutritional deficiencies and even stress. After pregnancy, women undergo a lot of changes, a possible reason for your hair fall.

I tried several methods to curb hair fall and these two methods work like a charm:

I take a shower at least twice a week and I don't use hot water for washing off my hair. It is lukewarm or preferably cold.

At least an hour before hair shower, I give my scalp a nourishing massage with Olive Oil, Castor Oil, Sweet Almond oil and Neem Oil .. I do add Coconut Oil if needed. These oils are in equal quantities, though I skip castor oil if I have a cold. Along with these, I add a drop or two of Tea Tree Essential Oil and sometimes, Lavender Essential Oil and massage well.

I use a herbal shampoo that's mild for washing off my hair.

I towel dry and then, apply oil at night / next morning before I start sweating! This means the scalp is ready to absorb and dirt free when you apply oil. I used Sweet Almond Oil and Apricot Oil before, though switched to Argan Hair Oil for better hair growth and softer feel. I can't say how my hair is now growing out well and returning to my old thickness.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards
    Thank you Cristina, actually this was so much help.
    I don't like oil so much and its feeling at my hair, though, I'll try to use your advises and massage my scalp with oils and hope it would get me good results. Thanks alot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Curly11 View Post
    Have you been to your doctor and had your thyroid gland analyzed?
    Yea, sure Curly. So many doctors actually, all the treaments are so expensive and after months of regular use, can't notice much progress.

I think good shampoo,serum and daily exercises helps you to solve the problems and make sure that the exercise that you are doing should have a flow of the blood to the head for the better result.

Mine fell out like crazy after daughter #2 and #4, it's still thinner than before kids but plenty thick enough.

What finally got it to come back for me was getting my hemoglobin back up - have you had any anemia?

I do avoid sulfates and use gentle products, but that treats only the hair that has already emerged.

As a last resort, women can use Minoxidil products - there is a Women's Rogaine. That can make you grow more hairs, it has side effects though. Also I know Loreal, and maybe other companies, have products that do work to strengthen and thicken each hair - they don't make you grow more hairs, but if it is fine textured this can help it get stronger, and give you more volume.

Best of luck and I am sorry you are having to deal with this. I remember how terrifying it was to be losing handfuls of hair in the shower.

Thinning of hair may be caused by hypothyroidism, stress, anemia, child birth, typhoid, cancer, hormonal imbalance, poor nutrition, vitamin or mineral deficiency, and age etc. So it would be better to take medical checkups before using medicines to treat hair thinning. If these issues could not be diagnosed then you may use FDA approved Rogaine, or Minoxidil, however, consult a physician before using it,as these may cause you harm by its side effects.

I find your post very informative and helpful to people who are experiencing hair problem (and I'm one of them). I'm looking for the best possible solution to my problem. After I gave birth to my firstborn 5 months ago, I noticed that I have frequent hair fall. I've tried several shampoos but seems there's no good results from them. I'm specifically curious with the argan hair oil that you've mentioned. I don't know if they are all the same, but I've seen another argan oil (specifically the euphoric argan oil for hair) via amazon. Think I would have to do a closer look between these two, so I could choose one or better for me to purchase them both! Thanks for the advise

Definitely get your thyroid checked out, coconut oil may help and possibly back brushing, make sure the hair is hydrated well - morrocain oil may help.