Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: If you had to chose only 1 cologne to wear for the next 5 years what would it be?

Default Re: If you had to chose only 1 cologne to wear for the next 5 years what would it be?

Armani Eau pour Homme- almost no contest and no hesitations.

Basenotes Plus

I honestly could not just have one.
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal Oud
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Oud Wood
    Tom Ford Patchouli Absolu
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais
    Aqua di Parma Colonia Leather

5 years is an awfully long time. More realistically, I might be happy to try choosing one fragrance and wearing a 100ml bottle from first to last spray. Might choose Monsieur de Givenchy.

There is no way that I could do this... This is a mission impossible thread (for me). Simply no way I could even start to pick just one for the next 5 years!!!

I too cannot envisage only using one fragrance for that length of time but if I had to then I'd probably opt for Dzongkha.

Very versatile and works at any time of year for me.

Pour un Homme de Caron

Aventus

Penhaligons Racquets
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89

I'd go with Nasomatto Duro.

Tough call. Creed GIT would be a safe bet.

I have trouble selecting one scent each morning, much less one scent for five years.

Actually I have trouble sticking with one scent throughout the day.

Man o' man, this is a tough one. Needs to be something I wouldn't get sick of and super versatile....probably would flip a coin for Allure Homme Sport or Versace Pour Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    This is basically just another "what's your favorite fragrance?" thread, only reworded.. In any event.. Mine would be Fahrenheit, vintage preferably, but any formulation of it is a good one.
    Actually, I don't think it's a "What's your favorite" thread. My favorite is Interlude Man, but I couldn't wear it as my only scent. If I had to choose a signature scent and wear only that for 5 years, I'd choose Royal Oud.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

A risky one but i'd go Antaeus (in moderation)

The scent would have to work in warm weather and cold. Daytime or night. Be appropriate for casual, business or a night out.

I'd say Dolce and Gabbana The One.

nd.2056.jpg

A risky one but i'd go Antaeus (in moderation)

26129016.jpg

Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

Dolce & Gabanna Pour Homme (vintage)

Basenotes Plus

Edition Blanche....but I would cheat.

I'm not wearing it for five years, man.
    Last edited by 601red; 26th February 2014 at 04:22 AM.

A very expensive pure oud oil...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    A very expensive pure oud oil...
    You beat me to it, exactly my thoughts.

Dior Homme vintage

Basenotes Junkie

Considering other people, the weather, the time of year and different clothes - Creeds Green Irish Tweed does it all, easily. And I doubt I'd even get bored with it - it's just THAT damn good.

Would have to be very versatile... probably Aventus.

I would also consider Bleu de Chanel, Millesime Imperial and Dior Homme.

Monsieur de Givenchy vintage
    - Hope i would be allowed to wear also the aftershave and deodorant and shower gel of MDG
    Last edited by df91; 26th February 2014 at 09:19 PM.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

YSL La Nuit de l`Homme
    Current Top Picks:

Unknown Pleasures
    Tuscan Leather
    D&G The One
    Pure Havane
    Intense Cafe
    Xerjoff Lira
    HdP Ambre 114

Quote Originally Posted by farang View Post
    Acqua di Parma Essenza
    I chose Colonia, but this wasn't far behind. These scents are timeless.

It would be Creed's Royal Oud
    Last edited by Riley; 27th February 2014 at 03:20 AM.

Vintage King Kouros

The One or L'homme.

Versace The Dreamer...

Ummh, possibly vintage Eau d'Hermes. But I would only wear it around 3 times a week.

If I had to wear it every day, I'd go for Chanel Eau de Cologne. Or Geranium pour Monsieur.

I would undoubtedly be very happy with Terre d' Hermes.

Basenotes Plus

Aventus, but I'd be happy with Royal Oud, or Cuir Velours, or Chergui, or Tabac Rouge, or....
    Last edited by Nosey49; 27th February 2014 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Adding fragrances

Mugler Cologne, GIT or maybe even Shalimar.

If I could somehow have the scent of Tom Ford for Men with the projection and longevity of something like Terre D'Hermes (pre-reformulation)...I could probably live with that.

Since that's not possible...of ANY fragrance that I'm familiar with, I'd say Green Irish Tweed. Extremely versatile, and I don't think I could grow tired of it.

But since I don't own GIT....from my collection, I would say Bleu de Chanel. I get a little better longevity and projection with it than I do with Tom Ford for Men.

I picked up a mini of vintage Antaeus recently, and man oh man it is the f***king bomb. So it would have to be that.

Ferrari extreme

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Man, 1 year would be one thing, but 5 years is a long time (think how many fragrances could come out in that time span!). As much as I love Aventus, I think I would opt for GIT or AdG Essenza. Living in Southern California, it's warm most of the year and I think these fragrances are fresh and versatile enough. If I could only wear one fragrance for 5 years I think I would take days of during the week so as not to completely bore of my 1 fragrance

easy: Sycomore > anytime, anyplace, anywhere...

That would be vintage Shalimar (extrait or cologne)
    Xazirri, discovering the 'mad and magic' world of perfumery

For a guy who rotate the scents frequently I would say Parfum MDCI - Ambre Topkapi

If it's a cold weather all year round I would go for LDDM. Sadly it's not.

I'd go with Creed GIT. This is really about one's favorite all-rounder (rather than one's favorite) scent.

Basenotes Plus

Amouage Homage.

Basenotes Plus

Balenciaga pour Homme

Wow...that would be tough...at this moment I'd say Chanel Allure Sport...but that might change tomorrow.

TripleB
    Current Favs: Versace Pour Homme, Pi by Givenchy, Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger, Swiss Unlimited, Burberry Sport, CK One Shock

Eau de Cologne Imperiale (Guerlain), which I wear most days anyway.

almost certainly it would be between Givenchy Xeryus Rouge and Dior Homme Intense!
    maybe the Dior....
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit

I tgink I would be happy with Amouage Epic.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Incense Extreme by Tauer.
    My current top five:

Tiffany - Tiffany for Men (vtg)
    Yves Saint Laurent - M7 (vtg)
    Fendi - Theorema
    Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme

My sales thread | NICHE & VTG | Shiseido Basala, Boadicea Invigorating, SMN Tabacco Toscano, Signoricci, YSL M7 (AS), Gucci Envy for Men (AS), Ungaro II...

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

wow tough one but i would go with adg essenza

Chanel Platinum Egoiste

If I had to wear the same perfume for the next five years, I would chose nothing. I would be to bored to even care.

Basenotes Member

most likely Oud Wood, just wish it projected more...

The current formulation of HABIT ROUGE would be just fine with me.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Prada Amber Pour Homme! Sorry, Dior Homme - I will miss you!!!!!!!!
    Psalm 118:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his love endures forever.

Wow, 1 solitary frag for all occasions?

Bleu de Chanel, believe it or not. The best one I know that always works no matter what.