Code of Conduct

Default Black Tourmaline Extrait de Parfum

http://www.olivierdurbano-store.com/...?id_product=45

Has anyone tried this yet? I love the EDP version but get average at best longevity and projection, so any improvement to those elements would be welcome. I am also not sure if they ship to US or how to even change language on the website, or alternatively if they sell somewhere else in the US...
    Last edited by Jridgen; 25th February 2014 at 06:30 AM.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Default Re: Black Tourmaline Extrait de Parfum

Have not tried the extrait yet. This is interesting. Maybe Lucky Scent will get getting this?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Have not tried the extrait yet. This is interesting. Maybe Lucky Scent will get getting this?
    I hope so but I wouldn't bet on it. There is a short Hudler archive thread on this from October 2013 so no signs of LS jumping on it.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Beck has, I'm sure he'll be in soon. Raved about it as being much superior to the original EDP. Personally I can't wait to try it, will have to be a blind buy though, since I don't think Durbano does samples.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Beck has, I'm sure he'll be in soon. Raved about it as being much superior to the original EDP. Personally I can't wait to try it, will have to be a blind buy though, since I don't think Durbano does samples.
    Please keep us posted. The EDP is one of my favorites.

Bump for hopefully the Beck to notice Or anyone else that has sampled it.. I am curious.

Not sure I would buy it, but also would love to hear what they are like.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

If you like the eau de parfum, I strongly recommend the extrait. It's much more satisfying in my opinion.
    It has a certain depth the eau de parfum does not. The eau de parfum is much lighter-airy and maybe a bit dryer in comparaison if it's what you're looking for.
    I really wanted to like the eau de parfum to get more juice but everytime I tried the extrait, it was clearly a better composition in character and the one I prefered most.
    If anyone is in the same dilemma with pierre philosophale, I recommend the extrait as well.
    Anyway I ended up buying the extrait, used up most of it now and I don't regret it.
    I like it a lot, it's dark, woody earthy in a zen way.
    I don't find it very smokey (like bois d'ascse for example) and I don't particularly like peppery and cumin but this one is done right for me, I really like the atmosphere that gets out from it, nothing sweet here. I also like how he used oud in the background, it's not a "pretty everyday go to" fragrance but more of a comforting scent for my use.
    However it's certainly not a safe blind buy..

To OP, I think longevity and projection are better with the extrait, but not extraordinary either, I wish it lasted longer because I really like this stuff when the mood's right.
    Again I strongly recommend the extrait if you already like the eau de parfum and want more from it

Did you buy it directly from the website or did you find it elsewhere?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Did you buy it directly from the website or did you find it elsewhere?
    Hi, got it from "sens unique" boutique in France. It was the only place where I could find durbano's fragrances in Paris at that time. Maybe still is I don't know.. They had the eaux de parfum and extraits, and can be samples friendly They didn't have the candles, room scents and all the other stuff though.

By the way to the OP, it's weird, last time I checked his website it was in english. Sorry no idea about the distribution in the US, best thing is to email him and ask for info.

Basenotes Institution

Is it less smoky than the original? I like smoke in my fragrances but even for me the EdP was so smoky.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Is it less smoky than the original? I like smoke in my fragrances but even for me the EdP was so smoky.
    It's not less smoky than the original, it might be too much for you but I encourage you to try it if you get the chance, just to compare

I don't have a sample of the eau de parfum anymore but from what I can remember,
    extrait is fuller rounder than the original. Like I said much more depth, I found the experience between the 2 very interesting.
    Evolution is more interesting with the extrait.
    I'd say it feels closer to earth, it's like being in a smokey forest after the rain, you can feel that kind of heavy humidity mixed with wood grass mud then it dries down to more dry peppery woods territory by the end on my skin. I don't particularly like the final phase that much.
    I'd say you get a glimpse of it the first seconds spraying the original but it dissapears so quickly, so get the 3D experience! lol
    To me it's relaxing, maybe also because of the dead oud in it..the absence of sweetness, and the earthy impression I get from it, however I'm pretty sure many people will not get he same experience and this, could well be put into Dark Vador's wardrobe, on vacation, in the forest he just burnt or something

I'm also curious if anyone had experience with the candles or room sprays...
    Last edited by l'improviste; 18th March 2014 at 10:52 PM. Reason: grammar sorry

Quote Originally Posted by l'improviste View Post
    It's not less smoky than the original, it might be too much for you but I encourage you to try it if you get the chance, just to compare

I don't have a sample of the eau de parfum anymore but from what I can remember,
    extrait is fuller rounder than the original. Like I said much more depth, I found the experience between the 2 very interesting.
    Evolution is more interesting with the extrait.
    I'd say it feels closer to earth, it's like being in a smokey forest after the rain, you can feel that kind of heavy humidity mixed with wood grass mud then it dries down to more dry peppery woods territory by the end on my skin. I don't particularly like the final phase that much.
    I'd say you get a glimpse of it the first seconds spraying the original but it dissapears so quickly, so get the 3D experience! lol
    To me it's relaxing, maybe also because of the dead oud in it..the absence of sweetness, and the earthy impression I get from it, however I'm pretty sure many people will not get he same experience and this, could well be put into Dark Vador's wardrobe, on vacation, in the forest he just burnt or something

I'm also curious if anyone had experience with the candles or room sprays...
    Thank you for all the comments and information. I want to try it more now for sure, but will have to wait to see if it shows up at Luckyscent or somewhere stateside.

To me it smells just like the eau de parfum version except it is more potent but but projects less silage. Must be the higher amount of alcohol that causes the projection and early die down of the eau de parfum version. One spritz is probably a max dose of the Extrait whereas the parfum version won't object with 2 or 3 sprays.