Code of Conduct

Default Looking to start (or join) a perfume salon in Rhode Island

Hi there!

I am hoping to connect with other perfume enthusiasts in the Rhode Island area in hopes of starting (or joining) a perfume salon. Does such a group already exist in RI?

It would be fun to periodically meet up with like-minded fumeheads to talk about perfumes and to share scents. I was inspired when reading Coming to My Senses: A Story of Perfume, Pleasure, and an Unlikely Bride, in which the author joins a perfume salon in Austin, TX

The meetings could take place in social spaces like coffee houses or community spaces. Depending on the level of interest and participants' comfort levels with one other, perhaps salons could eventually transition to be hosted at members' homes.

A different participant could be chosen to "lead" each salon meeting. This leader would present on a fun topic of his or her choosing -- such as the history of a particular perfume house or the background of a specific ingredient used in perfumes. In addition, we could have scent "show and tell" at each meeting. We could each bring a fragrance or two related to a theme -- just riffing here, but themes like: scents that make you think of your youth, date night scents, gender-bending scents, scrubbers, sentimental scents, holy grail fragrances, etc.

If you are in the Rhode Island area and would be interested in participating in something like this, let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks for taking the time to ready this. I am very interested in perfumes and read all of the blogs, but my schedule doesn't really allow me time to immerse myself in online discussion groups or decant swaps. I have a relatively small collection but love sampling everything I can get my hands on.

A little about me... My favorite fragrances run the gambit from pretty (Chanel Coromandel) to skank (Serge Lutens Muscs Koublai Khan), incense (Comme des Garcons Hinoki) to chypre (Clinique Aromatics Elixir), fougere (Penhaligon's Sartorial) to vegetal (Caron's Yatagan), quiet (Bruno Acampora Musc) to loud (Molinard Habanita), and kitten (Nanadebary Pink) to bear (Etat Libre d'Orange Tom of Finland). I love to wear men's fragrances and have gotten my husband into the 'world of perfume' over the past few years, too.

Default Re: Looking to start (or join) a perfume salon in Rhode Island

Congrats and good luck.

i used to live in Wrentham, MA which is right across the highway from you. I would have gladly joined.

Good luck finding members.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I think it sounds like a hoot. You might want to try creating a meet up group with this theme, might reach more possibilities this way.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

It sounds interesting : let's see how many wanna show up out of the wood wards...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "