Code of Conduct

Default Joop Wild - does it have coconut?

I read a few reviews that claim Joop Wild smells like Malibu rum. Is there a distinct coconut note in it, and can a middle-age man wear this "gourmand-type" fragrance without feeling awkward?

Default Re: Joop Wild - does it have coconut?

Quote Originally Posted by richfisher6969 View Post
    I read a few reviews that claim Joop Wild smells like Malibu rum. Is there a distinct coconut note in it, and can a middle-age man wear this "gourmand-type" fragrance without feeling awkward?
    I'm not sure whether it has a coconut accord as part of its composition or not, but I don't see why any age man couldn't wear this comfortably if he chose to.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I think it's a scent for any age too, there IS something sweet in it that perhaps vaguely has a bit of a coconut vibe - I really like it.

I deff noticed a coconut last time I wore and it. And another poster said the same thing here as well. It could just be that that my mind automatically associates something that smells like rum with well.. Coconut rum though.

Not sure if there is a definitive coconut note in here or not..just think it's kind of a overall feeling that it's there in the composition IMO. Someone said it reminds them of Parrot Bay and I can definitely associate with that. Sure you can wear it if middle aged! I'm 39 and love this smell, wore it yesterday as a matter of fact. However, you so have to like sweet/synthetic frags to truly enjoy this one

I get coconut primarily, some rum or other type of booze, and really like it. Not overly sweet, don't think it could possibly offend anyone, and yeah.... I think this one can be pulled off by a wide age range, including middle age.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

It doesn't list cocoanut as a note but I feel that something in it note structure sure does give a cocoanut scent.

Malibu rum is pretty close. It has a bit of sweetness to it so keep that in mind along with the malibu rum. I wouldn't wear it to work because it does smell a lot like alcohol. It's just a fun type of fragrance that'll probably get you quite a few compliments. This is actually a more mature fragrance and one of Joop's best.

To my nose, frankly Joop Nightflight has something more coconut-scented to it, while the discontinued What About Adam, far more of a fizzy citrus note-maybe with a touch of mint. Having said this, don't (personally) find this fragrance neither particularly coconut-dominated nor gourmand, while the gourmand hints are appropriate for any age and definitely not opposed to the overall idea of a "mature gourmand".

Talking Re: Joop Wild - does it have coconut?

I like JOOP Wild miles ahead of the original. Wild is fruitier and less floral than the original. I don't particularly get coconut though. Also, I had picked up both Summer Ticket and Wild on blind buys. Wild again stood out as the more wearable, pleasing and even more masculine scent. Summer Ticket reminds me a lot of the original, whereas I feel Wild is more in its own league.

That being said, Wild isn't something I could wear too often. I doubt I will finish my massive bottle any time soon. Nice scent for the price though- worthy addition to my collection.