Code of Conduct

Default Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo

This line seems to never be mentioned and does not get much love at Basenotes. I have Mirto di Panarea and just found a good deal on Fico di Amalfi so that too will be in my summer rotation. Like them or not, I find the entire line to be fresh, invigorating and most importantly, very natural smelling. Longevity may not be stellar on many but most also have a good dose of various citrus which in general is somewhat fleeting. IMHO this line is worth exploring for those seeking scents for summer.

Comments welcomed, love or hate.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo

I like the Acqua Di Parma lines and I think they do smell natural and good quallity... BUT... i dont think there very sexy if that makes sense. There just fresh, which is great, but alot of people like to wear fragances to feel and smell attractive, and Aqcua Di Parma doesnt come across in that manner in my opinion, they smell more like high quality bathroom products, and very good ones they are too.

In my experience attraction comes from the person and not from the scent. In other words, there are no panty droppers unless the person is hot. If that is the case, scent does not matter unless the peson has not bathed in a long time...even then...but I digress.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

I have tried quite a few in this line and find some of them pleasant but nothing special enough to seriously consider buying.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I do agree with you! I do love my amazing and my challenging scents, but sometimes pleasant enough is just enough, especially in the heat. I just love how natural the line smells when something is needed for those hot days.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

I also love Mirto, in my top5 for summer, no doubt.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

I own and like mirto di panarea which I actually wore today. Most of the blue line I enjoy. Very natural and classy smelling in my opinion. I always feel like I'm in southern Italy when I wear this line. I do wish they lasted longer but I don't mind reapplying throughout the day because I enjoy the top notes so much.

I genuinely enjoy Cipresso from this line.

Blog Entries

I'm quite horrified that they've discontinued Cipresso di Toscana, which was a complex Duchoufour woody incense masterpiece, but keep that terrifying almond one. But the new Juniper one they've just put out smells fantastic on paper. I'm looking forward to giving it a proper test ride....
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    But the new Juniper one they've just put out smells fantastic on paper. I'm looking forward to giving it a proper test ride....
    Agree whole-heartedly, rogalal. Went to Nieman's the other day in order to try Ginepro out, and my nose was glued to the test strip for several hours thereafter. A large bottle of this is going right onto the "to buy" list.

Love Bergamotto in the summertime as well.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

I like Cipresso - I think as long as you think of them as Eaux they're fine - fleeting but good.

Basenotes Plus

I have been struggling with Mirto as I cannot get over the powdery synthetic note that gags me. This is the second time that a scent makes me nauseous ( besides Live Jazz). For Live Jazz, I knows it's due to the fake cilantro note but not sure what's in Mirto that my nose does not get along with.

I've been wearing Mirto today and I can still smell it 6 hours after applying a mere 3 sprays, although a powerhouse it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory88 View Post
    Agree whole-heartedly, rogalal. Went to Nieman's the other day in order to try Ginepro out, and my nose was glued to the test strip for several hours thereafter. A large bottle of this is going right onto the "to buy" list.
    Harrods didn't have a tester of this last Thursday (or if they did, they weren't sharing it with me...!), but suggested it was being released Monday (today). Can anyone verify?

Regarding the line, I own four of the current five, plus Cipresso. I hope to complete the collection soon, and will more than likely also add Sardegna when released. I'd echo the other posts here - these are quality summer scents, albeit light and shortlived. My interest mainly comes from my allegiance to the AdP mainline, which is far superior to this.
    Last edited by Davem81; 3rd March 2014 at 11:56 AM.

Happy to say I own and love Mirto. Myrtle and basil notes remind me of a Mediterranean summer - which is just what this line is about. There are some others in the line that are good too. They are not designed to be heavy scents, but merely a celebration of summer, primarily based on and around several locations in Italy.

The new Sardegna Scent does indeed seem to be available now. I picked up a sample yesterday. Looking forward to giving it a proper wearing....and more than likely adding a full bottle to my collection soon enough...!

Basenotes Institution

I think some in the line succeed in what they're attempting but overall I find many of them a bit too overpriced for what they are. I admire the original from this house, Colonia, because it manages to capture that smooth, gentlemanly presence of clean & fresh with no 'fresh', 'aquatic' or 'detergent' notes. Whereas in the Blu Mediterraneo line many of the notes are synthetic, short-lived, simple and flat. If they were charging half of what the prices are I would recommend them & enjoy them more. At full price, I see them as sort of a rip-off.

Having said that, many years ago I acquired a bottle of the mandarin one (Arancia) at a significantly reduced price and I really enjoyed it a lot. However recently Orange Sanguine by Atelier has filled that slot in terms of scent, longevity, quality of ingredients, etc.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle