Code of Conduct

Default The beloved bee bottle: 160th anniversary

I love my bee bottles! (Mods, please merge is posted previously.)

Last edited by Primrose; 26th February 2014 at 11:14 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Re: The beloved bee bottle: 160th anniversary

They are very pretty to look at, but I personally don't like fragrance in a splash form.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I love my bee bottles too! Thanks, Primrose. Great to hear a british accent with the ad, I almost expected a french one

Quote Originally Posted by chypre View Post
    I love my bee bottles too! Thanks, Primrose. Great to hear a british accent with the ad, I almost expected a french one
    hednic and chypre, glad to share! I decant all my splash bottles into atomisers.

Also, it is my understanding that Guerlain made its debut in 1828 in the Hotel Le Meurice, which catered to English visitors. I think they made toiletries and bespoke fragrances. The hotel even today provides Penhaligon's toiletries for their guests. How English is that?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    hednic and chypre, glad to share! I decant all my splash bottles into atomisers.

Also, it is my understanding that Guerlain made its debut in 1828 in the Hotel Le Meurice, which catered to English visitors. I think they made toiletries and bespoke fragrances. The hotel even today provides Penhaligon's toiletries for their guests. How English is that?
    Oh, that's interesting! Your post encouraged me to look at my Colette Fellous book on Guerlain. Apparently Pierre Francois Pascal Guerlain even studied perfumery in England:

"...And so it was in England that Pierre-Francois-Pascal Guerlain learnt the rudiments of his art. After medical and chemical studies, he set himself up in Paris, where initially he imported products from England. Everything English was fashionable at that time in France and real English perfumes were all the rage. Such distinction and refinement were exuded by a Prince of Wales' Bouquet, a Royal Extract of Flowers, an Esterhazy Mixture or a simple Spirit of Reseda. Then, little by little, he began to prepare his own bouquets, distilling the herbs and plants himself in a small workshop, at the corner of the Avenue Kleber and the Place de l'Etoile, along Paris' old fortifications."

Sounds like Guerlain has always been rather cosmopolitan

Nice bottle but it's all about the juice..unless you are bottle collector.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Thanks for the info and happy anniversary (even happy birthday, since fragrance is, in my opinion close to a living creation) to one of the most iconic bottle designs in fragrance history (way up high among the ranks with the rectangular No. 5 bottle, several artisan Creed atomizers, the checkered/plaid patterned Dior bottles and a few more along these lines).

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    They are very pretty to look at, but I personally don't like fragrance in a splash form.
    Same thoughts here...Bee bottle's are amazing for display, but less effective for daily use.

I don't much like splash bottles either.... but I still love to have the bottle. Such a gorgeous looking one!