Code of Conduct

Thread: Hair Clippers

Default Hair Clippers

For the guys out there who cut their own hair, what kind of clippers do you use? I'm thinking of going back to the buzzcut days of my youth and need a new set. I don't really need a "professional" grade set of clippers. I was considering picking up the Wahl Chrome Pro (below) for about $35. Thoughts?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393483017.504398.jpg

Default Re: Hair Clippers

I personally prefer andis or oster. Depending on how much you want to spend and if you need a bunch of different attachments. You may pay more but they will last a lifetime if properly maintained.

My old wahl broke down on me yesterday. My fault.....I didn't take care of it. I almost bought a oster today, but I ended up getting the wahl designer? It's the red one. I read that the oster was heavy and dificult to cut your own hair with. I cut my hair with the new wahl today and it did well. I've been cutting my hair for the last year and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy it. I've been doing some scissor work also.....it doesn't always come out the way I planned, but practice makes perfect. I wouldn't mind taking some classes.

Quote Originally Posted by elevation View Post
    My old wahl broke down on me yesterday. My fault.....I didn't take care of it. I almost bought a oster today, but I ended up getting the wahl designer? It's the red one. I read that the oster was heavy and dificult to cut your own hair with. I cut my hair with the new wahl today and it did well. I've been cutting my hair for the last year and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy it. I've been doing some scissor work also.....it doesn't always come out the way I planned, but practice makes perfect. I wouldn't mind taking some classes.
    I have heard the same about the Oster's being tough to handle when cutting your own hair. I picked up the Wahl kit pictured above but have yet to use it. I'll report back once I do. I'm thinking I may use these for awhile and then upgrade to the Wahl Lithium Ion Clippers. We shall see. Scissor work? You're brave.

Man once you get past being scared to screw up you'll be alright. The worse that can happen is you have to shave it off and start over. I've been there before. Thinking I have on guard 3 but I have on a 1. I'm much better now though. The back of the head is tricky. I usually use my hand as a guide or by feeling the clippers on my head.

Quote Originally Posted by elevation View Post
    Man once you get past being scared to screw up you'll be alright. The worse that can happen is you have to shave it off and start over. I've been there before. Thinking I have on guard 3 but I have on a 1. I'm much better now though. The back of the head is tricky. I usually use my hand as a guide or by feeling the clippers on my head.
    Agreed. Lucky for me I'm just going over it with a #2 guard and calling it a day. A very simple cut that I'll probably do once every 3 weeks. That's why I can't see dropping $100 on a set of premium clippers when these Wahl's will probably do the job just fine. I'll be sure to oil them often.

Smile Re: Hair Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by CMan0928 View Post
    For the guys out there who cut their own hair, what kind of clippers do you use? I'm thinking of going back to the buzzcut days of my youth and need a new set. I don't really need a "professional" grade set of clippers. I was considering picking up the Wahl Chrome Pro (below) for about $35. Thoughts?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393483017.504398.jpg
    I prefer using Nova NHT-1013 Trimmer which costs me 295 Indian Rupees from tradus. I am satisfied with its performance, this trimmer is worth buying.

I agree 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrodrocks View Post
    I personally prefer andis or oster. Depending on how much you want to spend and if you need a bunch of different attachments. You may pay more but they will last a lifetime if properly maintained.

I use Wahl for myself and Andis for the dogs. The stables use Oster. IMHO any of these makes are good. One bit of advice is to think whether you want clip on blades, or to use clip on combs for the cut length. Also, my Wahl's have the "half" lever which is dead handy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk